Which is right for me?

I need to know which Linux Distro to go with.

I'm running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.1GHz dual-core.

My mother board is an ECS EliteGroup GeFORCE6100SM-M.

So.. which distro should I go with? I'm really looking forward to Linux, but, my last attempt a few months ago at Ubuntu didn't work :(

Help please?

I need to know which Linux Distro to go with.

I'm running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.1GHz dual-core.

My mother board is an ECS EliteGroup GeFORCE6100SM-M.

So.. which distro should I go with? I'm really looking forward to Linux, but, my last attempt a few months ago at Ubuntu didn't work :(

Help please?

Ubuntu. . . or Fedora are pretty easy . . Ubuntu is sweet . . . most everything supported and a great forum site when you need help. . http://www.ubuntuforums.org

Good luck

yup. try fedora , if you can, try to download Fedora respins which are stable releases (fedora 8) but also have latest updated packages in them, so you dont have to download mega updates. :D

you could use nero to burn the iso to disk.

When using nero, make sure you select "create cd from image". When you're done burning, check the disk in windows explorer to make sure there are mulitple files inside, not just one .iso file.

An alternative is to get a trial copy of VMWare to boot off the iso... that'll save you from using up a DVD

Use whatever burn app you have, and select "burn iso as image". That should do the trick.

Do not burn it as a big .iso file on the CD. That doesn't work so well. ;)

Hard to tell. Which ones did you download?

i386 or x64 should both work. Adobe doesn't have a 64-bit flash plugin, so you will have to do a little finesse with the x64 for stuff like that.

Isn't alcohol an app for mounting CD .iso images as virtual drives in Windows? :unsure:

If it can burn CDs, just use it to burn the .iso image.

Ok.... I still don't which file(s) to burn onto the disc. Help!

The one with the extension ".iso"

But don't just burn it, make sure you use the option "burn iso to disc" or similar depending on what burning software you use.

On a side note, I just d/l alcohol 120 to see what option it gave, and it asked me to reboot before installing. Stuff that. not getting installed here.

The one with the extension ".iso"

But don't just burn it, make sure you use the option "burn iso to disc" or similar depending on what burning software you use.

On a side note, I just d/l alcohol 120 to see what option it gave, and it asked me to reboot before installing. Stuff that. not getting installed here.

In my WinRAR, I have one that says isolinux. Would I burn just that? Because it has things like start.exe and cdboot.exe...

Noooo!

Don't open it with winrar or anything!

You will get files, but loose the boot information.

Burn as image.