Rick Flair Retires From The Ring

Well, the greatest wrestler of all has finally ended his career. If you all saw Raw tonight, you know this was no story line. This was for real. "The man" has finally call it quits - at least on the ring.

The dirtiest player in the game is now gone from the squared circle and into retirement, but with him a legacy is left behind. There will never be another Rick Flair. I am going to miss that "Woooooooooooooooooooooo" every Monday. :(

I thought triple H was going to knock him out or something as a surprise, but nope... they brought in people from the past and everything... good to see something real

Yeh, it was because of the fight with Shaun Michaels at Wrestlemania. Absolutely insane match. Back and forth constantly. In the end, it was tears for both, Shaun saying sorry, and that he loved him, and finishing with a sweet - sweet Chin Music

Also. Hulk Hogan should have been there last night on Raw. I didn't see The Undertaker either.

I'm just going to copy and paste what I said in the HOF thread earlier. Not much else to say but WHOOOOOO:

All I can say is - Thank you Ric Flair for 3 decades of wrestling, and memories that will live on forever in the wrestling world you helped create. I hope you enjoy retirement, and I can't wait to see you back on WWE TV in whatever capacity you decide you want to do.

Ric Flair, you are the man.

Also. Hulk Hogan should have been there last night on Raw. I didn't see The Undertaker either.

Hogan has enough issues going on, and I doubt he'd show up to take away anything from Flair. Say what you will about Hogan's ego, it was Flair's night and he knew it. Undertaker, Boogeyman and two others were not there last night. But I'm sure Undertaker said what he wanted to long before RAW opened.

I'm just going to copy and paste what I said in the HOF thread earlier. Not much else to say but WHOOOOOO:

All I can say is - Thank you Ric Flair for 3 decades of wrestling, and memories that will live on forever in the wrestling world you helped create. I hope you enjoy retirement, and I can't wait to see you back on WWE TV in whatever capacity you decide you want to do.

Ric Flair, you are the man.

Hogan has enough issues going on, and I doubt he'd show up to take away anything from Flair. Say what you will about Hogan's ego, it was Flair's night and he knew it. Undertaker, Boogeyman and two others were not there last night. But I'm sure Undertaker said what he wanted to long before RAW opened.

I still think he should have been there to shake that man's hand and honor him.

On another note, Bret Hart says he is "the best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be."? - WROOOONG!

Rick Flair was, is and WILL ALWAYS be "The Best".

I still think he should have been there to shake that man's hand and honor him.

On another note, Bret Hart says he is "the best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be."? - WROOOONG!

Rick Flair was, is and WILL ALWAYS be "The Best".

Well in so much as he should have been there, he should never ever take the spotlight away from Flair. I mean, they weren't exactly friends, but they did the business they had to do over the years. Maybe he should have been there, but I'm sure he at least called him, or will see him down the road. Problem is, when is Hogan going to officially retire? I wonder what kind of send off he'll get also.

And as much as I loved Bret Hart, he still is just another great wrestler compared to Ric Flair. Flair (and Hogan) made Professional Wrestling what it is today. Bret was amazing in his time, but he had his career cut short sadly. I doubt he'd ever truly say he was better than Flair though, I mean you have people like Trips and HBK etc all saying Flair is and always will be the greatest ever. That's alot of praise you know. Coming from egos of that size :D

I just watched Raw and man was the ending emotional will all the old wrestlers coming down and then the whole roster, its a shame really we didn't get to see Randy Savage in which Flair had many battles with but we did see the Horseman which was amazing again and Malenko man was he a wrestler, thank you Ric!

Big who cares!

One less nancy in tight pants flaunting his overage body in the ring. Who really watches that crap?

Moving on...

Big who cares!

One less nancy in tight pants flaunting his overage body in the ring. Who really watches that crap?

Moving on...

Always has to be one in a thread.

You'd be surprised how many people "watch that crap" thank you very much.

It won't be the same without him, it was sad to see him retire but I think everyone knew that he would retire after Wrestlemania

It won't be the same without him, it was sad to see him retire but I think everyone knew that he would retire after Wrestlemania

Yeah it was written in the stars that HBK would beat him, but the way he did it was just crazy.

Always has to be one in a thread.

You'd be surprised how many people "watch that crap" thank you very much.

Antaris obviously doesn't know anything about Rick Flair or what he represents. Ignorant people should be ignored.

Moving on....

What is he like 70 years old?

I remember seeing him, before I was even a TEENAGER, in the early 70's!

that's 30+ years........he has to be in his 60's at least.

What is he like 70 years old?

I remember seeing him, before I was even a TEENAGER, in the early 70's!

that's 30+ years........he has to be in his 60's at least.

He's 58 I believe.

Flair is currently 59. He is done in the ring, but not with the WWE. He will be working backstage with Dusty Rhodes and SGT. Slaughter.

"Ric Flair may be done as an active wrestler, but he still has multiple years left on his WWE contract."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ric_Flair

Look at bottom of 2005-2008 section

I cried so hard when I saw Ric lose. I knew he was going to. I knew since the stipulation began. I knew when, and against who. But it didn't make it any easier. When HBK said, "I'm sorry. I love you." Wow, that hit me. He's one of the best, if not THE best wrestler of all time.

Long live the "Wooooooooo!" :cool:

I cried so hard when I saw Ric lose. I knew he was going to. I knew since the stipulation began. I knew when, and against who. But it didn't make it any easier. When HBK said, "I'm sorry. I love you." Wow, that hit me. He's one of the best, if not THE best wrestler of all time.

Long live the "Wooooooooo!" :cool:

Yeah that bit got me as well.