[<3 OSX] Still using Tiger?

Just wondering if anyone was still using Tiger, and why.

Im currently backing up my Leopard HD and was thinking about going back to Tiger for a while, just to see if there'd be anything I'd miss from Leopard.

So, if you haven't upgraded yet, why not?

I don't see a need.

Please enlighten me if i'm wrong.

To what? Use Leopard? Use Tiger? Upgrade?

I only upgraded from Tiger to Leopard about two months ago, and I'm glad I did. With the performance increase and extra features it feels like I have a new iMac.

I don't see a need.

Please enlighten me if i'm wrong.

When its about needs you cant be wrong, we all choice what suits outselves better (Y)

Personally I prefer leopard.

My Ibook G4 is supposedly no supported.... (800mhz)

I know there's a workaround however. I WANT to upgrade because of the performance increases I hear about. Though the cover flow finder thing would probably lag (so I wouldn't use it).

Also, When I went to Tiger, I realized things just felt a little slower. I remember panther would feel a lot snappier.

Should I Do it?

My Ibook G4 is supposedly no supported.... (800mhz)

I know there's a workaround however. I WANT to upgrade because of the performance increases I hear about. Though the cover flow finder thing would probably lag (so I wouldn't use it).

Also, When I went to Tiger, I realized things just felt a little slower. I remember panther would feel a lot snappier.

Should I Do it?

I'm pretty sure on a 800MHz chip you'd see a further performance downgrade. In your case i'd stick with Tiger unless you've got at least 1GB of RAM

I don't really see much of a need for it either. I've got Tiger on all of the machines in the lab that I manage, and I don't really see a need for it... they all run fine with Tiger... aside from that (correct me if I'm wrong), if I upgrade all of the clients in the lab to Leopard, I'd also have to put Leopard on my server in order to effectively administer it, and I don't really want to have to go through and reconfigure everything on the server :| ... and these machines are all G5-based... (~30 Mac G5 clients, and an XServe G5)

I'm still running Tiger on my iBook G4 (1.33 MHz). Leopard was just a little too much for that machine at this point. It didn't feel as "snappy" as Tiger did (and still does) on the iBook. But, that's alright. Tiger is a more than capable OS at 10.4.11 :)

My iBook G3 900 is not supported by Leopard, thus I cannot upgrade. There have been workarounds, however, many have reported receiving several major errors, so I'm not going to bother.

Tiger's Aqua (apart from brushed metal maybe, but i liked even that) > Leopard's Aqua

that's the only reason you could possible like Tiger better...

Leopard > Tiger, anyday. Running .5 and loving it :)

Glassed Silver:mac

Tiger's Aqua (apart from brushed metal maybe, but i liked even that) > Leopard's Aqua

that's the only reason you could possible like Tiger better...

Leopard > Tiger, anyday. Running .5 and loving it :)

Glassed Silver:mac

+1 :) IMO, I prefer Leopards Aqua to Brushed Metal since it looks more cleaner. I say stick with Leopard since you miss out on those 'Leopard-exclusive' apps like Anxiety which is a MUST have for me :)

I see no reason to ever use an older version of any operating system. I was on Leopard the day it came out, Vista the day it came out, and I'm already using the Ubuntu 8.04 beta. I prefer being on the cutting edge in exchange for possibly having some compatibility errors, although I rarely encounter this with any OS.

At the beginning, what I thought was going to be one of the more useless feature, QuickLook, makes me prefer Leopard to Tiger.

I also prefer the more professional interface (IMO) and the updated "Preview" app. It's just iCal that bugs me for the moment really... If I'm lucky all those extra clicks will be fixed by 10.5.3.

I end up not using Time Machine because I prefer spending my money anywhere else than on another HD, and in the end, I never lost a single damn file on this Mac.

Oh yeah, I hated Spotlight in Tiger for its slowness, but it's lightning-fast in Leopard. It's just that the files are sorted like **** now.

So basically, there were a few regressions from Tiger to Leopard, but I prefer Leopard by far, and if the devs think so too, I'm with them because they are the one who make me happy with my Mac.

I see no reason to ever use an older version of any operating system. I was on Leopard the day it came out, Vista the day it came out, and I'm already using the Ubuntu 8.04 beta. I prefer being on the cutting edge in exchange for possibly having some compatibility errors, although I rarely encounter this with any OS.

I agree with this, the only exception being that you own a computer which isn't capable of properly running the new operating system.

i find leopard to have tighter integration between apps. It makes things a lot easier and quicker. Time Machine and Spaces have really helped out. Since i'm in China and taking a lot of photos, i've been able to bring my HD a long with me and constantly backed upped large amounts of files everyday. At home i have my mbp hooked up to another monitor, so i never really needed spaces but since im stuck with a 15", it's come in handy a lot recently.

There's a few apps that are still not Leopard compatible and one that I use that the new version is considerably slower. That will be fixed on my new PC or iMac with Parallel haven't decided yet.

I haven't upgraded to Leopard yet because:

• I don't have enough money to buy CS3 yet, and CS2 and Studio 8 are incompatible with Leopard
  • I don't have enough money to buy Leopard yet
  • I want to wait until 10.5.3 just to make sure most of the bugs are ironed out, because some people are still experiencing problems with 10.5.2 - and I'm hoping Apple will change the way Front Row stops playing your music when you exit it (seriously, that would annoy the hell out of me)

I'm putting some money away into a little CS3/Leopard fund of mine every time I get paid, so points 1 and 2 will be addressed soon. I just need to wait for 10.5.3 now. Once that hits the web, I'll order Leopard.

I had a 17inch Powerbook, amazing machine lemme tell u, I had tiger on it then purchased Leopard. Had that for about 1 month until sold it /w software. Right after in December I purchased a Macbook Pro, one software I paid for that i have not used in months because of Leopard (and ape) was Unsanity's Shapeshifter , I cannot find anywhere online for an updated status on the development of the software for Leopard's compatibility . Unless there is an alternative?

I'm still using Tiger because whatever I have on my computer at the moment is all I will ever need. I am perfectly content with Tiger and don't need the enhancements of Leopard.