Neowindex 2008 - EU / US

post-23120-1208141950.png

post-82-1171917582.png Sign-up for the Netherlands event!

post-82-1171917607.png Sign-up for the United States event!

What?

Neowindex is an event held every year to allow Neowin staff and visitors to meet each other and generally have a good time! We first started this event back in 2006, when it was an event exclusive to Europe. Last year the event expanded and included Chicago, Illinois as the United States event.

Why?

Neowin staff mainly communicates with members and other staff through online communication. This gives us a chance to meet the people behind the usernames and get to know them. We also use this as a chance to discuss upcoming plans for Neowin and the direction it will take througout 2008.

When?

Friday, April 25th through Saturday, April 26th for both events.

Where?

We're holding it in Seattle, Washington and Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Who is attending?

For the United States, we have:

DirtyLarry

Eric

Frank

Hurmoth

Marshalus

Shane Pitman

SkyyPunk

blackice912

timdorr

For the Netherlands, we have:

Colin-uk

DaveLegg

Kudos

Neobond

Redmak

creamhackered

kinetix63

What's the plan for each event?

Plans have yet to be finalized and will be published during the week of April 20th. We can assure you that it will likely require you to be of legal drinking age, so keep that in mind when you decide to RSVP.

What if I have other questions?

Post your questions in this thread and we'll try to answer any question you may have.

post-82-1171917582.png Sign-up for the Netherlands event!

post-82-1171917607.png Sign-up for the United States event!

Very nice. Are there any plans to include Canada in Neowindex '09? :p

Very nice. Are there any plans to include Canada in Neowindex '09? :p

We have members on staff here that are Canadian. Unfortunately, none were able to make it this year. Canadians are more than welcome to attend, though I am not sure the process for crossing over the border to get there. While the event itself is in the United States, in actuality, this is the Neowindex 2008 North American event. It is definitely not intended to be just for those in the US.

We have members on staff here that are Canadian. Unfortunately, none were able to make it this year. Canadians are more than welcome to attend, though I am not sure the process for crossing over the border to get there. While the event itself is in the United States, in actuality, this is the Neowindex 2008 North American event. It is definitely not intended to be just for those in the US.

I understand. The last time I was in the US was 1998, but I'm sure the border crossing process has changed since then. I don't even have a passport, haha. A Neowindex event held in Toronto would be great. I'd be able to make it for sure.

I understand. The last time I was in the US was 1998, but I'm sure the border crossing process has changed since then. I don't even have a passport, haha. A Neowindex event held in Toronto would be great. I'd be able to make it for sure.

I think that would be a great location for Neowindex. :) We'll have to bring it up next time around.

This co-incides with LinuxFest Northwest 2008, the same weekend, in Bellingham, Wa which is aprox 90 miles north of Seattle (1.5hr drive).

http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org

But i think i'd rather party it up with a bunch of Neowinians than Linux Geeks.

Still have to decide if i'm free that weekend.

I've been wanting to go to the european edition for 2 years now, but was previously held up due to not having a drivers license... Might try and make it this year...

UPDATE

There has been a slight change to the posted dates. We originally listed the 26th and 27th (Saturday and Sunday) as the dates to attend, but that wouldn't make sense as everybody is departing on the 27th. The actual dates are the 25th and 26th (Friday and Saturday). The graphic on the front page will be updated shortly.

Could Neowindex be again but next time in the east coast? I can't make it in Seatle and we have a lot of east coast users here. Maybe we can celebrate another one in the east coast and Canada at the same time ;)

I'd love to attend, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of submit button in the RSVP page. Maybe it's in a state of flux at the moment.

The submit button should be there as of three hours ago when I announced the correct dates. I forgot to enable it last night and fixed it earlier this morning.

So if you are interesting in attending and haven't been able to fill out the RSVP, you can do it now. For those who attempted to RSVP last night - please try again today.

amsterdam eh? 2hours by car for me. i could punch colin-uk in the gonads...hrm :rofl: and make kudos post it on youtube..hrm...

amsterdam eh? 2hours by car for me. i could punch colin-uk in the gonads...hrm :rofl: and make kudos post it on youtube..hrm...
I'd pay to see that. :shifty:

Seattle :(

I could fly there but I have so much going on this month with school and such that I don't think it's a good idea.