Metal Gear Online Beta Discussion Thread

Index-top.jpg

Metal Gear Online (メタルギアオンライン, commonly abbreviated MGO?) is a forthcoming online spinoff of the Metal Gear series produced by Konami. The game was officially unveiled in Kojima Productions' 20th Anniversary Part of the Metal Gear series. While the previously released Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops featured optional online game modes that were both dubbed Metal Gear Online, this incarnation of the online game was initially announced as a separate stand-alone product based on the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots gameplay and setting, but has since been announced as part of Metal Gear Solid 4. An online beta test was released exclusively in Japan, which occurred from August 20, 2007 through September 3, 2007. The beta was only open to 3,000 players.[1] In addition to announcing a ship date and hardware bundle for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, SCEA revealed that a beta for the game's online component will happen before the June release. Metal Gear Solid 4 will come with a "starter pack" that will be expanded upon with extra content.

The multiplayer beta test for Metal Gear Online will begin in North America on April 21st and be available to download on April 17th. The beta will be free in Japan and accessed by pre-ordering the game in North America: it will last for approximately 2 weeks.[2] On April 11th 2008, Konami announced an open Metal Gear Online beta for Europe and will be available for download from April 17 and will be entirely open to everyone who downloads it until May 6.[3]

The game will feature 16-player online battles. Players can upgrade skills that their character can use such as hacking, CQC mastery,enhanced lock-on, and more, all of which can be leveled up. The player can keep tabs on allies and enemies with nanomachines.

Players will have the ability to "hack" another player's character to steal information from their nanomachines, such as the locations of his/her allies. This is how the SOP system from Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be implemented as a gameplay feature in MGO.

New information has revealed that there will be 70+ weapon/attachment combinations in Metal Gear Solid 4, all of which may or may not be carried over into Metal Gear Online.

ss_preview_Kill_B_Sneaking_09.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_CUS_drum_chibimetal_09.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_Tokeitou_Chara_Wep_17.jpg.jpg

Metal Gear Online First Impressions // PS3 /// Eurogamer - http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93022

Metal Gear Online Trailer - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HK8oIWla-sE

Who's all gonna be playing the beta then? :D

Just wondering, but how can I join the beta? Reserve the game?

If you're in Europe it's free to download from the store, everywhere else has to pre-order the game!

I pre-ordered the game and I got the disk from Gamestop (US). I have 2 PS3s so I have to create a master account on the one that I wanna play the beta on, it currently has a sub-account. The disk says that you need a PSN master account to download and play the beta. I will update my PSN name and put it in the Neowin/American Ninja PSN names list.

Should be fun. :)

PSN: netcivilian ...going to change now :(

---

NetCivilian

I'll be playing it, assuming my internet connection bothers to work like it should. Just pre-ordered it a couple days ago and got my beta code. Gonna be fun!

I all I think of when I see MSG is

"Metal gear! It can't be!"

Classic line from MSG1, lol

What the hell is MSG1? Is that like, where the Knicks play? Or is it a food additive?

We end this week’s edition of Metal Gear Mondays with another surprise: we are going to giveaway MGO Beta UPVC’s RIGHT NOW at this link!

Simply fill out the registration fields, submit, meet the qualifications for entry, and you may receive a UPVC and download instructions for the MGO Beta (subject to Konami’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, of course, see the promotion page at the link for details)! We are releasing MGO Beta UPVC batches in EXTREMELY limited quantities, so don’t wait, hurry and register now!

That’s right, even if you miss out on the free pre-order bonus gift “Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2″ DVD with MGO Beta UPVC, this is your chance to get in the MGO Beta RIGHT HERE! Hit the link for all the information!

If you’re not one of the lucky few who qualify right now, don’t despair! By registering you may still get in the MGO Beta, and we’ll also be posting more opportunities to enter at Konami.com all week (don’t worry, if you’ve already entered, you can enter again when the opportunity arises)! There will also be a lot of promotions going on with some other of your favorite gaming sites, so stay tuned to http://www.konami.com and PlayStation.blog!!!

Free beta keys, go quick! - http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/mgops/

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/14/...e-beta-details/

Edited by Audioboxer