[Ext] Glasser 1.0 (Alpha)

I will PM you in a minute. The only thing is that the DLL created is the 'debug' one rather than the 'release' one, so its size is bigger I guess because of the overhead the debugging adds. The thing is, I tried building the 'release' one but it complains about one of the libraries being built with an older version of the compiler, and it doesnt compile (well, it doesnt link).

As for the .lib files and the .h file that needed some changing, I believe it's okay for the binary to be released? After all, the .h file had a GPL license header and the .lib files.. well, the .lib files included in the .7z package were requested by some user in the mozilla zine forums, and then the guy who runs vector64.com updated them, but since they are binaries of certain xulrunner version, I guess it'll be okay?

Is the CRT staticly linked? I don't think people running x64 builds of Firefox will mind having to download and install the VCRT for x64, but gotta know

This is what msdn has to say about the error I get when building 'release'

The object or library file 'file' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries

C1047 is caused when object files or libraries built with /LTCG are linked together, but where those object files or libraries are built with different versions of the Visual C++ toolset.

The error is

2>fatal error C1047: The object or library file 'C:\Users\Julius\Documents\dwmxpcom2\gecko-sdk\lib\xpcomglue_s.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

Anyway, I've removed "/debug" from the 'debug' build and now the dll file is down to 208kb. I think the error in the 'release' build is because the use of /LTCG ?

Edited by Julius Caro

I've noticed a bug in either Firefox 3.0b5 or the Glasser extension:

When you drag a tab to another position on the tab bar, the text and favicon in the title of that tab will disappear... :(

Can somebody please tell me if this is a bug in the Glasser extension? Or a bug in Beta 5 of Firefox 3?

Thank you :)

I've noticed a bug in either Firefox 3.0b5 or the Glasser extension:

When you drag a tab to another position on the tab bar, the text and favicon in the title of that tab will disappear... :(

Can somebody please tell me if this is a bug in the Glasser extension? Or a bug in Beta 5 of Firefox 3?

Thank you :)

I am running ff beta 5 and the latest glasser and that definitely does not happen.

Huh? You posted that same thing almost an hour ago...

Yeah sorry about that, I don't really know what happened.

When I tried to post it the first time, it hadn't loaded (or at least I didn't think it had - I was using the 'Quick Reply' box at the bottom and so, because it hadn't loaded, I decided to use the 'Full Reply' feature, thinking it hadn't posted, when I saw it on my screen an hour later lol.

Anywayyyys I've edited the post now lol, so moving on:

I've uploaded a screenshot below of the bug. Maybe it is something to do with another of my extensions if other people aren't experiencing the problem?

On the screenshot, the tab in the middle did have text in the title of the tab ("The Killers Fansite"), yet when I moved it from the right hand side into the middle, the text vanished and looked like it does in the screenshot.

Does anyone know why?

----------------

Now playing on iTunes: Metallica - All Within My Hands

via FoxyTunes

post-194916-1209428894_thumb.jpg

Thanks, but didn't work for me (buggy) gave me this instead of aero: nondb1.th.jpg

:(

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

PS: I'm using 64-bit

Oh, fixed it (by using 32-bit one)

Though the menubar is a bit weird...

EDIT: It's not: http://archangelx2.deviantart.com/art/Dyna...t-Prev-56649420 but it's pretty good :p (exactly what I was looking for actually!)

Edited by Panarchy

Thanks, but didn't work for me (buggy) gave me this instead of aero: nondb1.th.jpg

:(

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

PS: I'm using 64-bit

Oh, fixed it (by using 32-bit one)

Though the menubar is a bit weird...

EDIT: It's not: http://archangelx2.deviantart.com/art/Dyna...t-Prev-56649420 but it's pretty good :p (exactly what I was looking for actually!)

mmm are you actually using a 64-bit binary of firefox? (if in the task manager firefox.exe has an asterisk, then it is the 64-bit version). Judging by the screenshot, you are using firefox 32-bit (because it has the official logo, and since there's no official firefox x64 binaries, the custom builds can't have the official branding). So you should be fine installing the 32 bit version of the extension instead

Either "Customise Toolbar > Use Small Icons" or edit the Personal Toolbar's chrome JAR file (on my system located at -

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions\CompactMenuCE@Merci.chao\chrome

Unzip the "compact-ce.jar" file there, in the skin directory replace "menu.png" with "menu-small.png", zip back up and change the extension to ".jar". You can use WinRAR to look around the JAR file and change files too.

i tried to use that but seems like it wont work for me. the toolbar wont resize itself back to its usual size unless i remove the icon. also when it is there it doesn't display the image correctly. please help.

heres an image if it helps. also I would be really grateful if someone could help me get rid of the line which runs across the bookmarks toolbar. im using vista 32bit and the latest nightly build of minefield. bt sorry for posting twice rather than saying everything in one go.

post-186851-1209597673.jpg

heres an image if it helps. also I would be really grateful if someone could help me get rid of the line which runs across the bookmarks toolbar. im using vista 32bit and the latest nightly build of minefield. bt sorry for posting twice rather than saying everything in one go.

The nightly builds aren't support for this extension, but many of it's users may have posted CSS core for userChrome or Stylish on Neowin or MozillaZine that may fix it.

The nightly builds aren't support for this extension, but many of it's users may have posted CSS core for userChrome or Stylish on Neowin or MozillaZine that may fix it.

well ive tried it with beta 5. didnt work at first but after a restart of the browser i managed to get the line on the bookmarks toolbar to dissapear. still having problems with the personal menu icon. could someone maybe post a modified version? i cant see where im going wrong and why it wont display properly. thanks.

Edited by milkman_8812

well ive tried it with beta 5. didnt work at first but after a restart of the browser i managed to get the line on the bookmarks toolbar to dissapear. still having problems with the personal menu icon. could someone maybe post a modified version? i cant see where im going wrong and why it wont display properly. thanks.

I'm not sure why anyone is having any problems with Personal Menus. The version that I am using, 3.0.9, doesn't exhibit any of the problems you or the other guy was having. What other extensions are you running and what version of Personal Menu are you using?

new issue... see below:

post-87206-1209137708.jpg

this happens with the latest nightly on an encrypted and digitally signed website.

I got that happening too. So I can replicate.

But this addon is so amazingly great. (Y)

I got that happening too. So I can replicate.

But this addon is so amazingly great. (Y)

Well I'm running the latest version, and it works just fine. Its just when I want to have the smaller version of the personal menu icon on the bookmarks toolbar, like your screenshot on the first page, by default it shows the large image. If I select 'use small icons' on the toolbar settings it does that for all the icons which I dont want. The instructions about modifying the jar file also haven't worked, as the image seems to display incorrectly. Ive tried it using a new profile with only just that extension as well.

Well I'm running the latest version, and it works just fine. Its just when I want to have the smaller version of the personal menu icon on the bookmarks toolbar, like your screenshot on the first page, by default it shows the large image. If I select 'use small icons' on the toolbar settings it does that for all the icons which I dont want. The instructions about modifying the jar file also haven't worked, as the image seems to display incorrectly. Ive tried it using a new profile with only just that extension as well.

I sees the problem now... Google an addon called toolbarmode. You may have to use the nightly test tool to make it work, but it lets you change the toolbar setting per toolbar. I use it.

I sees the problem now... Google an addon called toolbarmode. You may have to use the nightly test tool to make it work, but it lets you change the toolbar setting per toolbar. I use it.

Thank you so much, everything is perfect now finally. I'm loving it. One question, is it possible to make the close icon on the tabs red instead of blue? Would be grateful if anyone could post some instructions. Once again thanks a lot. :)

Don't know if its been asked, but does Glasser do Vista style minimize/maximize/close buttons on Windows XP as well? (much like WLM 8.5's skin on XP having vista-style buttons)