[Ext] Glasser 1.0 (Alpha)

Don't know if its been asked, but does Glasser do Vista style minimize/maximize/close buttons on Windows XP as well? (much like WLM 8.5's skin on XP having vista-style buttons)

Well to answer my own question, no it doesn't :/ Looks terrible on Windows XP in fact, whole toolbar is black. So I'm not sure what this extension does if Vista already skins the border and minimize etc buttons of applications.

What do you mean you are unsure what this extension does?

In Vista, applications only normally have their title bar transparent, like Firefox 3 currently does.

What this extension does is make the whole top bit go transparent like on Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Explorer itself. This top bit includes the location bar, search bar and the toolbars with buttons like "Reload", "Bookmarks", etc.

It will look rubbish on XP, because applications on that OS are not natively transparent like on Vista and transparency on XP would not be able to be achieved in this way.

This extension is only for Windows Vista.

Well to answer my own question, no it doesn't :/ Looks terrible on Windows XP in fact, whole toolbar is black. So I'm not sure what this extension does if Vista already skins the border and minimize etc buttons of applications.

If you are not using vista with aero glass then don't even use it, all it does is add the glass border to the firefox window which ONLY will work in aero.

Someone has posted a stylish that allows the options menu to be glasser as well :)

http://userstyles.org/styles/6588

what is the behavior of the menu bar if the window is maximized? I thought the purpose of that different background for the menu bar was readability. Since the 'glass' goes 'black' once the window is maximized, black-on-black can't be read.

I'm not on windows so I can't test it right now

what is the behavior of the menu bar if the window is maximized? I thought the purpose of that different background for the menu bar was readability. Since the 'glass' goes 'black' once the window is maximized, black-on-black can't be read.

I'm not on windows so I can't test it right now

I'm guessing that's why IE7 doesn't put the menus in the glasses area.

I suppose you could draw it with the titlebar text theme (with the white glow behind it), But you'd have to modify the source code.

update:

the bookmarks toolbar background css seems to no longer work with minefield...

as well a black line appears under the toolbar, from what it can tell, it seems that the firefox developers have a semitransparent image gradient that fades into the page. since it is drawn in the toolbar region, and since this extension paints the background black, this gradient will show up. i have no idea how to fix this tho, as i'm not accustomed to the css code firefox uses.

update:

the bookmarks toolbar background css seems to no longer work with minefield...

as well a black line appears under the toolbar, from what it can tell, it seems that the firefox developers have a semitransparent image gradient that fades into the page. since it is drawn in the toolbar region, and since this extension paints the background black, this gradient will show up. i have no idea how to fix this tho, as i'm not accustomed to the css code firefox uses.

Its because this bug landed, which just broke my theme I spent the last 2 hours making grr!

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=431309

Need to figure out what I need to change now in it to get it working with stylish as adding -moz-win is not working.

EDIT>

Fixed, just change media-toolbox to -moz-win-media-toolbox and same for the communications one as well.

Edited by Gamergod

Check out this reply to my mozillazine post for Glasser.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...3364671#3364671

Its because this bug landed, which just broke my theme I spent the last 2 hours making grr!

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=431309

Need to figure out what I need to change now in it to get it working with stylish as adding -moz-win is not working.

EDIT>

Fixed, just change media-toolbox to -moz-win-media-toolbox and same for the communications one as well.

It's better to have the discussion now than possibly have to go around renaming everything if the appearance style gets standardised.

Yep, you are right about politics!

Do you think you could add a link to my stylish in the main post, or do you not like it?

I probably will add it to the extras on the next release, which I don't plan until RC1 is released. But I will add it to my SVN copy.

I probably will add it to the extras on the next release, which I don't plan until RC1 is released. But I will add it to my SVN copy.

Cool, also you may want to implement this code in the next release:

#identity-box[chromedir=ltr]:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme){

margin-left:-1px !important;

-moz-margin-start:-2px !important;

}

#identity-box[chromedir=ltr]:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme) > hbox{

border-left-width:1px !important;

}

It allows the menu bar to be glasser'd :)

Here's some code for making the menu bar transparent, with white text

just open Stylish, copy -> paste and save :)

and this works when FF is maximised

Thanks looks much better.. But is there anyway you could add it to show the Bookmark text as white also?

post-119661-1210379770_thumb.jpg

Thanks looks much better.. But is there anyway you could add it to show the Bookmark text as white also?

Try this:

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #PersonalToolbar toolbarbutton > label

{

color: white !important;

}

Didnt work.

Try this one... it worked for me

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar toolbarbutton > label
{
	color: white !important;
}

and that worked perfect.

Thanks some_guy

I have another question.. And I will be done.

Is there a way I can either CHANGE the favorites icon from being the ugly folder? OR is there just a way I can get rid of the folder icon all together?

post-119661-1210438523_thumb.jpg

OR is there just a way I can get rid of the folder icon all together?

this removes all the icons in the bookmark toolbar... regardless if its a folder or a favicon

.bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-icon {
  margin: 0px;
  display: none !important;
}