A question I have on TV HD Signals

Is my Phillips Plasma HDTV dying or are the TV signals providing HD becoming deteriorating by the minute. My Xbox 360 or PS3 display is much crisper and clearer and less pixelated than what I am getting from Time Warner HD Channels where it seems its like they are just playing a DVD disc in the background, thats how pixelated it seems, it just seems like a dvd picture blown up to support the resolution.

Does anyone else get this feeling ?

The video source may be upscaled, zoomed in or just a result of signal compression; it can't be the TV itself if other HD sources are clear. It's evident in fast moving scenes, or scenes with lots of things going on (macroblocking, something like the old days of internet video). Ugly for sure.

Is my Phillips Plasma HDTV dying or are the TV signals providing HD becoming deteriorating by the minute. My Xbox 360 or PS3 display is much crisper and clearer and less pixelated than what I am getting from Time Warner HD Channels where it seems its like they are just playing a DVD disc in the background, thats how pixelated it seems, it just seems like a dvd picture blown up to support the resolution.

Does anyone else get this feeling ?

Nope, definitely not your TV. Rather its the TV signal thats doing it. They are compressing their programs so they can crunch more info through the pipes. Lot of HD subscribers are already complaining about this problem. Paying high prices, but receiving mediocre to horrible service.

Comcast seems to have the least compression out of the rest of them.

See article below released today about crunched HD TV signals on Wired News.

HD enthusiasts crying foul over cable TV's crunched signals

Nope, definitely not your TV. Rather its the TV signal thats doing it. They are compressing their programs so they can crunch more info through the pipes. Lot of HD subscribers are already complaining about this problem. Paying high prices, but receiving mediocre to horrible service.

Comcast seems to have the least compression out of the rest of them.

See article below released today about crunched HD TV signals on Wired News.

HD enthusiasts crying foul over cable TV's crunched signals

pretty sure you are way off on that comcast comment, they are one of the worst.

Indeed, the article is dead on about Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi HD on Comcast network... Stargate Atlantis on the same network suffers similar visual anomalies as well. It's quite annoying to say the least, particularly compared to Battlestar Galactica HD which is broadcast on Universal HD on Comcast, which has far less compression and actually looks like it might be playing from a HD disk.