XP SP3 Final RTM - Direct Download!

Ok, the direct microsoft link is large than the other ones.

and not the same checksum

Yes, thats why I said I wasted my time. 316mb for the torrent, 336 for the link from M$. :angry:

Oh well, its going faster than what im paying for :) (3mb/s) :)

lol... that's not the right one it seems. This one is from November 07!

Hehe, don't waste your time guys

Maybe i should say, the link above from the microsoft site is probably RC2 Refresh 1 or something. It's from November the signature says.

post-698-1208996045_thumb.jpg

Edited by KoDeXeRo

so the larger one is the correct one? I installed the other one on another machine I hope I didn't **** up.

Yes, thats why I said I wasted my time. 316mb for the torrent, 336 for the link from M$. :angry:

Oh well, its going faster than what im paying for :) (3mb/s) :)

if any of you do computer repair work and want to lightscribed a slipstreamed XP Home OEM SP3 Dell cd

You can use this image I modified

post-4927-1208996827_thumb.jpg

Here is one I made for gateway machines.

You can actually use theses cd's on any brand name computer that came with XP home. If you use the gateway on a gateway and a dell on a dell no activation is required. Other wise if you just have to enter the XP key on the side of the computer.

post-4927-1208997211_thumb.jpg

I was d/l at ~470 KB/s, my fastest download speed for a while, took exactly 12 mins:

dlsp3op4.png

Edit: so this (MS one) is not the real deal/RTM?

Edited by redeemed

I would say the the link from microsoft is prob. rc 2 like the earlier link was. I don't know for sure but I would think that microsoft would post a link somewhere of it until it's out. I would say the first one was real rtm the 316 one

Ok let me get this sorted out since I downloaded both. After I transfer the one I downloaded on my mac and look to see which is which, ill post back.

Microsoft link: 336 mb ; Friday, November 30, 2007

Torrent: 316 mb ; Monday, April 14, 2008

The Torrent says its final. (in the name)

^Ok, Thanks for that. :(

I guess I'll wait for the RTM on 29th. The torrent is real, not changed/hacked/modified?

I haven't tried it yet. Im doing some prep right now. (backing up important stuff incase it goes bad)\

New sig too :p

I can confirm the direct link from Microsoft is Buil 3214 (32something). Eitherway not final.

What an unfortunate waste of 336Mb.

^Ok, Thanks for that. :(

I guess I'll wait for the RTM on 29th. Is the torrent real, not changed/hacked/modified?

Does that happen often or something? I don't do torrents but i always see people so weird about them. If the EXE was modified wouldn't the certificate change (or be not valid anymore therefore it wouldn't have one) and then you wouldn't download it anyways. Modified ISOs and all that too, my friends was wondering about that for a Vista x64 ISO he downloaded.

So yeah, do people mod the images all the time or is it just paranoid thoughts?

I have noticed a performance increase,not only in the basic using UI,games too. :o

O rly? :woot:

*update: mine is installed, hopefully it will let me restart sometime this year... :rolleyes:

*update: Oddly enough, it does seem a bit zippier. Let me go investigate ths further.

Edited by rage710