Florida Revival

i understand that i have read about that, but that still doesn't mean anything, i mean some peopel just don't want to open their hearts to change, like in the book fo acts where it was talking about the upper room and everyone was hit by the holy spirit and was speaking in tongues, people thought they were mad, possesed or drunk. that was not mentioned in the old testament, but it still happened at the time, and people rejected it. people want to put god in a box and say god can only do thsi to peopel and people can only experience god through this and that but only on tuesdays. I mean if we're tlaking about a god who goes behind physis and dimensions then why can't he do stuff. it sys in the gospels that when jesus healed the blind man, the phrasees didn't believe it was godly becaus he did it on the sabath, thats a load of crap, cuz jesus is jesus right boviosuly it similar in that they both are doing soemthing that erligious people disagree with, but in the end the blind man was blind but now he saw. the change happende3d, the healing happneed and yet peopel deny it because hes a man with tatoos and piercings. I wasn't saying it was an us versus them thing i was just saying that peopel are making there judgments without opening up their hearts to it and trying to find out the truth.

I don't have a hard time believing him because of the way he looks - it is how he is performing. Did you see the links I posted? He is no different than a sideshow psychic reading clues from people.

Are you honestly trying to draw a parallel of this guy to Jesus? Jesus the Son of God performing miracles is a defense for this dude laying hands in Florida?

Lastly, if these were happening, and proof was readily available (doctor testimony of ailments that disappeared) then at teh very least, Fox News would be all over it.

Holy ****. I just watched a youtube clip of him and he sounds exactly like the same idiots who claim to be psychic (and we all know how those turn out *cough*scam*cough*). I can't believe people fall for this guy. I mean, I don't mind religion, but this guy is an idiot.

-Spenser

I don't have a hard time believing him because of the way he looks - it is how he is performing. Did you see the links I posted? He is no different than a sideshow psychic reading clues from people.

Are you honestly trying to draw a parallel of this guy to Jesus? Jesus the Son of God performing miracles is a defense for this dude laying hands in Florida?

Lastly, if these were happening, and proof was readily available (doctor testimony of ailments that disappeared) then at teh very least, Fox News would be all over it.

i'm not trying to parallel him to jesus. but as christians we are supposed to be christ like, we are supposed to try to follow, to be the body of christ, hcirstian means little christs, even people that preform bad can be used by God. Anything is possible through Christ thus Jesus can demonstrate his power through other people. I think Fox News should be all over it, but it would cause a lot of conflict if it was broadcasted on fox people would definitly have problems with it liek they ahve problems here. He doesn't do this in his own name, and he doesn't do it at all, its done in the name of Jesus. Also i think inthe case of physcics it is the opposite how satan trys to immitate the things of God.he is not a false prophett!!! read your biblee!!!!!! (1 John 4, verses 2 and 3) "This is how you can recognize the spirt of God: Every spirt that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flech is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not From God."

He does infact aknowledge Jesus that came in the flesh, therefore he is not a false prophet. =]

Edited by schweman

people don't want to see the light, why would someone put evidence on national telivison that would reveal and convict people and make people get mad at the station, its one against the heart of any sinner, and its two financially not good for the station. you think your wise because you know the responses of a christian but that means nothing if you don't understand them. If you want to make so bold of a comment go there, and yourself you have to open your heart to possibilities in order to find anything.

I'm sorry but I can't get past the fact that you can't speak without screwing up grammatically. It seems that people like you put all they have in their faith and not nearly enough in other aspects of life. Like so many others, do you believe that faith is all you need to get by? That god will take mersy on you or give you some break? Maybe you should consider strengthening yourself in other ways, broaden your horizens. Talk about not being open-minded; all you can talk about and defend is god.

People don't want to see the light? I sure as hell do. I'd like to see some light at the end of many tunnels in this world. I don't see god putting an end to the crap in Iraq. But I'm sure there are plenty of reasons you can make up as to why he hasn't.

This thread has gone completely out of control and if it were about Windows or Linux or something of that sort it would have been closed ages ago...SO...I'm doing that to this thread now.

If you want to discuss religion, it's fine. But do so politely and without attacking one another.

Thread Closed