GTAIV: PS3 version runs at 630p while 360 version at 720p

WOOOOO GET MY EXTRA 90P **** YA!!!!

Anyone who cares about this is pathetic.

A lot of people have been going on about the extra pop-in on the 360 version, now they can finally shut the hell up.

While I agree that it's a tedious thing to get genuinely upset about, but saying it's pointless or it doesn't matter is just as bad, it DOES matter because it highlights some of the limits we're hitting this console generation, it highlights areas where developers can improve on next time around and more importantly, it highlights that even though a lot of people are saying that the PS3 version is better, there's more to it than meets the eye.

Of course, I'm not saying it should weigh in on your decision to buy ANY game, what I am saying is that we should keep an eye on developers doing this so they don't start cutting off too much so they can save money on optimisation time (I'm looking at you, EA).

WOOOOO GET MY EXTRA 90P **** YA!!!!

Anyone who cares about this is pathetic.

Says the guy always going on about how much more powerful the PS3 is...

People still going to argue that the GFX of the PS3 is still more powerful that the XBOX360? :rolleyes:

It's been obvious since the PS3 was first announced. I would expect PS3 owners to say it doesn't matter with this news (which it doesnt really) but if this was the other way....different story right there.

Who cares?

I do. The Xbox 360 version seems to run at a higher resolution which will make a difference on large TFT/LCD displays.

Well since the thread concerns pixels, lots of them, what good is a crappy low-res stream :laugh: ?

Even although small, if there was any "major" differences, they'd still be somewhat noticeable.

All this is going to do when put under the microscope is cause a backlash of comments, as the differences are that minor. This isn't an Orange Box 360 vs Orange Box PS3 or anything like that, if it was, there would be much more room for discussion and developer bashing, like what EA got when they underdelivered...

You have the majority of reviews giving the graphical edge to the PS3, yet someone on a forum confirming it runs in a native lower resolution.

Then you have people saying this doesn't matter, others caring about it, some saying the opposite console owners would bash their console if things were reversed, others out for revenge, and finally those who'll just buy the game and play it :p

I've seen both games up and running, the textures are more crisp on the 360 version, now we know why.

We also know the 360 version ( As established ) Runs at a higher FPS even though it has to render more pixels, goes to show It's still a brute in the hardware department.

Reviews are giving the PS3 version the edge due to loading and 'smoother' textures and a warmer color, only one of which i agree with ( Loading ). It's a matter of taste, but I'm pretty sure there might be a visible edge once

you hit the big TVs.

No matter, I'm still gonna enjoy the game all the same.

Also, all this about colors and smoothing, every god damn TV being released today has so many options allowing you to tweak colors and image quality in 200 different ways, so that's a pretty moot point in my book.

WTF is 630p.

I thought the PS3 was the start of the HD generation?! What happened to that.

Well, techincally, both consoles did..

Anyways..on topic..thats a bunch of bs. They shouldnt be allowed to put the little hd badge on the box if it isnt at least 720p, end of story. Im not saying one is better than the other, it just comes down to the numbers, one is hd, one is not.

X-Play Exclusive: GTA IV Console Battle

Adam Sessler gets some time with Newsweek's N'Gai Croal and Kotaku's Brian Crecente as they discuss Grand Theft Auto IV and what it means to the 360/PS3 console war.

Video: http://n4g.com/News-140215.aspx

LOL I love how serious they make a somewhat internet forum discussion look :laugh:

edit: I really should have put that vid in here - https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...5&start=165

Dunno why this needs a separate topic anyway, we have a GTA console vs console topic...

Yeah, It's nice with a little discussion now and then, but it can also go to far :laugh:

And about the thread, so many little pieces of news and tidbits gets their own threads, don't see why this can't then. No need to start merging EVERYTHING.

Yeah, It's nice with a little discussion now and then, but it can also go to far :laugh:

And about the thread, so many little pieces of news and tidbits gets their own threads, don't see why this can't then. No need to start merging EVERYTHING.

With something like GTA4 though you can end up with 8,000 topics!

Just like how ME and Halo 3 got their own topic :p

This would've been better in the PS3 vs 360 topic, that's all im saying - As the discussion in there is basically going to be a mirror of this topic.

Didn't a lot of the reviews say they liked the PS3s look of the game more? I know the PS3 has more frame rate drops then the 360 version though.

Not sure witch one I'm going to buy it on, I think 360...

Didn't a lot of the reviews say they liked the PS3s look of the game more? I know the PS3 has more frame rate drops then the 360 version though.

Not sure witch one I'm going to buy it on, I think 360...

the only reason ps3 probable gets a slightly lower framerate is most likely because buildings are streamed faster and load sooner, so making scenes slightly busier.

the only reason ps3 probable gets a slightly lower framerate is most likely because buildings are streamed faster and load sooner, so making scenes slightly busier.

Or it could be because the PS3's GPU isn't as fast as the 360's (hence why it also runs at a lower resolution).

It kind of makes sense, the PS3 can stream more, but it can't stream it at quite the same quality or speed as the 360, whereas the 360 is a bit more powerful at rendering, it just doesn't have as much to render.