How Does Aspartame Damage Your Brain ?

Everything is bad for you, even the water from the tap.

Live life enjoy life don't worry what everyone else things you should eat/do.

first time i've ever done this but....

+1

Like virtually everything out there, there are studies on both sides of the fence. Just like studies on cell phones causing cancer. Just like eggs. At first they were bad but now that "bad" cholesterol is supposed to be good.

Also consider that everyone responds differently to different chemicals and different foods.

Here's a tip that I heard once that's helped me decide what I should or shouldn't put in my body. And it works for anything! Here we go:

"Everything in moderation"

EASY!

Tomorrow there will be a new study proving the safety of aspartame so don't throw away those Diet colas just yet.

Sugar is one of the main reasons for obesity in todays society along with many other things, but could you imagine what would happen if there were no reported side effects or myths? why would anyone want to ingest sugar? when calories are reduced and the risk for diabetes are gone. Not to mention a lot of those studies are bogus. You would have take a pretty huge dosage of any artificial sweetener for a long period of time to even get those "reported" side affects

Sugar was around long before our obesity problem. I think artificial sugar substitutes like HF Corn Syrup do far more to your weight.

Since I gave up everything with HFCS I lost weight and I have more energy (it took 3 months, but I lost 10 lbs).

I drink stuff with aspartame all the time, and have had no neurological side-effects.

Hey, just saw this thread, and I don't see any negative effects from aspartame, and I drink it all the time.

^ :laugh:

I avoid all products with aspartame, which is a really long list. Most products that say "low fat" generally have aspartame in it. Also, sugar is natural, has been around for thousands of years, and didnt cause the rampant obesity in society today. We are always quick to place blame, but never with ourselves! Maybe its all those big macs and lack of exercise that is causing obesity, I dont know, just maybe...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure, Aspertame might be bad for you if you inject 1000x the amount found in a can of diet soda directly into your brain, but otherwise, there's nothing to worry about. Articles such as these are just scare tactics to make everybody fear everything.

Hey, just saw this thread, and I don't see any negative effects from aspartame, and I drink it all the time.

same, i'd rather drink diet pepsi than the regular one (all that sugar can't be good for you)