Neowin reshuffles its forums!

personally i don't think NFN and RWI shouldn't of merged because RWI was more the controversial issues where as NWI was just the "standard" news topics.

I'm not a big fan of this either. I like to browse through NFN looking at the headlines, kind of like reading a news feed or something, but now it's mixed in with all the other RWI and it looks very unappealing and it's just hard to browse through in general. I'm surprised more people haven't complained about this, I really dislike it. It's kind of like combining the polls forum with the announcements forum; sometimes you just want to check out the latest announcements, and sometimes you just wanna look at your polls, and you'd be really disgusted if you had to trudge through the other just to find what you want.

personally i don't think NFN and RWI shouldn't of merged because RWI was more the controversial issues where as NWI was just the "standard" news topics.

Yeah I agree entirely.

A clever way to neuter RWI.

Why neuter it, I thought RWI has been pretty good as of late. Great debates sure it gets heated at times, but some of us really enjoy :)

Yeah I agree entirely.

Another agreement :) see LOL :)

So now every decent RWN debate will get bumped down after HUM posts 20 or so news articles. I guess we gotta ask him to be a lot more selective from now on and only post news which are deemed to produce sufficient number of responses. Sigh... The world will never be the same.. I mean Neowin.

So now every decent RWN debate will get bumped down after HUM posts 20 or so news articles. I guess we gotta ask him to be a lot more selective from now on and only post news which are deemed to produce sufficient number of responses. Sigh... The world will never be the same.. I mean Neowin.

Looking at it practically, it won't be too bad, as any active RWI will stay bumped to the top, while any 'filler' news will drop down into obscurity (and 'good' news will also stay up near the top).

I don't see Hum's propensity to to be a prolific poster as being detrimental.

I love the change! Thanks for taking the time do make the forum even better!

Whatever happened to the proposed forum where you could see the reason why people were banned?

Some of the staff decided against it, so it has been put on hold for now.

Good changes, especially getting rid of switchers. (Y)

Though I do not frequent RWI that much, there were a few topics in there that didn't constitute 'news' per se such as topics debating the existence of God. Where do those topics now go?

I think the changes are all very good. Now I just have to get used to them!

Looking at it practically, it won't be too bad, as any active RWI will stay bumped to the top, while any 'filler' news will drop down into obscurity (and 'good' news will also stay up near the top).

I don't see Hum's propensity to to be a prolific poster as being detrimental.

I think that'll be the problem with it; when you turn on the news, you want the latest headlines, you don't want to sit through conversations and debates that have been going on for weeks. If you wanted that, you'd watch another channel, but you tune into the news to catch today's headlines.