Neowin reshuffles its forums!

Ya, i saw that, but its not called "the daily hum"

its just not the same... :cry:

"The Daily Hum" is not descriptive to any newcomers. In fact, it isn't descriptive in any way, other than to honor the person who posts the most in there.

Can anyone spot the cosmetical change the forum index has undergone (screenshot below)?

post-1302-1209677341_thumb.png

Thoughts?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I think it would be better if the Jokes & Funny Stuff and Poll Station were subforums as opposed to forums on their own. Despite preferring that, I think what Neowin has done to restructure itself is great.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I think it would be better if the Jokes & Funny Stuff and Poll Station were subforums as opposed to forums on their own. Despite preferring that, I think what Neowin has done to restructure itself is great.

I never really understood the point of a poll station. Why can't the ability to make polls be included in general discussion? I don't see why those two can't be merged.

I never really understood the point of a poll station. Why can't the ability to make polls be included in general discussion? I don't see why those two can't be merged.

Yeah, same here. That's a good idea - it may also prevent people from making stupid polls, because if it's mixed in with the general discussion, you're more likely to not get people making the polls for the sake of it, if you see what I mean. I guess the only issue is that the official polls would have to not be pinned, if the Poll Station was removed.

Yeah, same here. That's a good idea - it may also prevent people from making stupid polls, because if it's mixed in with the general discussion, you're more likely to not get people making the polls for the sake of it, if you see what I mean. I guess the only issue is that the official polls would have to not be pinned, if the Poll Station was removed.

I dunno, I really hate poll topics as a whole. So I'm glad that they are shoved somewhere where I don't ever have to view them :p

Damn...I havent been around for a few weeks, so this is all kinda strange. Oh well, guess I will have to take some time to get used to the new setup. ;)

A. We don't have poll permission in the polls area.

B. Personally i think the tech sections should be more up the topic because we are a tech forum and they are the most widely used forums i say.

As said before, it's good to have GD back at the top :)

eck, I'm the exact opposite.

Nicely done. But I would have to agree that the tech topics should be close to the top.

He is still posting, so I doubt he cares that much, would like to know his thoughts tho.. does he ever post outside of what he posts there anyway?
Hum posts in:

Science

Real World Issues

Area 51

Media Room

Breaking News/Tech stories

The Neobahn

sometimes a Sports story

General

as well as BPN/Daily Hum/Real World News

And to clear up some member's comments, perhaps:

I post News and other articles that strike me as personally interesting first, then I post stories that may be of interest to a big chunk of members, but not necessarily to me.

I try to pick stories with some care -- not just to 'spam' the Forum.

And I try to do the best job I can; i.e., correct text, titles, include relevant pictures, working links, sources, etc.

There are many News post, because of the wide spectrum of members.

I think it's worth keeping in mind, that here are billions of people in the World, with a wide range of interests and beliefs.

What you find boring, useless, may be very interesting to others -- and vice-versa.

Personally, I see many posts that are utterly uninteresting to me, but I try to remain respectful.

So let's be mature and courteous to other members.

If a topic does not interest you, then please ignore it and move on.

And as for my nickname used in the News section, I sincerely thank the staff for the little honor of it.

It's a bit of a kick.

But I recognize the Neowin does not belong to me, and respect the fact that titles may change.

Now, let's have some fun and help each other when we can.

I salute you all ... :happy: