[Uefa Cup Final] Rangers vs Zenit St Petersburg

What an amazing final this is going to be!

Zenit beating FC Bayern 4-0 was a great result!

Who you think gonna win? another British team in the final!

I'm over the moon Rangers got into the final (being a Rangers fan :laugh:) considering we ain't the best team plus we have a very hectic season but it'll make a good final :) Considering Dick Advocaat used to be our manager should make for a good atmosphere :D

Fingers crossed we can wrap up a quadruple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmnrJSmBVT8 <-- Video of the penalty shoot-out incase anyone missed it :)

FC Zenit will win it. What a result against Bayern Munich!

Though I want Rangers to do the quadruple.... So I don't know!

• 2 weeks later...

Go Rangers!!!!

Pride of Britain.

I'm over the moon Rangers got into the final (being a Rangers fan :laugh:) considering we ain't the best team plus we have a very hectic season but it'll make a good final :) Considering Dick Advocaat used to be our manager should make for a good atmosphere :D

Fingers crossed we can wrap up a quadruple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmnrJSmBVT8 <-- Video of the penalty shoot-out incase anyone missed it :)

As when I saw it l!ve, each and every penalty should been retaken, as the keeper was not on his line when the shooter struck the ball.

They should get rid of this kind of finish and have a half way line to score a goal in 15 seconds shoot out.

Edited by leesmithg

I REALLY hope Rangers win!!! :D

Sad that I couldn't go to Manchester though. :(

1-0 Rangers :woot:

Seems to over now oh well kudos to Rangers for getting that far but Zenit were a complete different level.

That was a very nice way to end the match for Zenit. To be honest, Rangers just did not have the quality to match Zenit tonight.

So, that means Liverpool were still the last British side to win the UEFA Cup ;)

So happy that Zenit won, Rangers don't deserve to win anything playing that style of football !!!!

Lets just hope Celtic can take the league now !!

Just like I predicted, Zenit won it all. I must say, Rangers played some boring football for 80 minutes.

That is the only tactic Rangers could do though. They just had to frustrate the hell out of Zenit and hope they got a bit of luck. They played largely the same way against Fiorentina!

Zenit deserved it though. Beating Villareal, Bayern Munich, Marseille and Bayer Leverkusen along the way.

Rangers were a disgrace! How the hell did they even reach the final i will never know and obviously the best team one on the night.

I think 2-0 is an understatment to Rangers because personally it should of been 3 or 4.

Rangers were to defensive and I think Walter made a mistake starting Darcheville I would of personally gone with Novo or Boyd.

Rangers were to defensive and I think Walter made a mistake starting Darcheville I would of personally gone with Novo or Boyd.

It wouldn't of changed things at all. Zenit were the much better team, if we could even call Rangers a team on tonight display.

At least Rangers got what they deserve and that's not the UEFA cup. Zenit beat Munich 4-0 and that alone deserved what they got.

It wouldn't of changed things at all. Zenit were the much better team, if we could even call Rangers a team on tonight display.

At least Rangers got what they deserve and that's not the UEFA cup. Zenit beat Munich 4-0 and that alone deserved what they got.

Yeah I know.

I was expecting much more from Rangers. They were playing like they were ahead in the game and defending the score and when they actually did come forward, they lobbed balls towards the box hoping for the keeper to slip and fall.

Zenit plays some very attractive football and I had noticed that a few rounds ago. On the other hand, Rangers got lucky against Sporting in Lisbon and they were very lucky against Fiorentina but they got what they had coming.

That is the only tactic Rangers could do though. They just had to frustrate the hell out of Zenit and hope they got a bit of luck. They played largely the same way against Fiorentina!

Zenit deserved it though. Beating Villareal, Bayern Munich, Marseille and Bayer Leverkusen along the way.

Agree with you about Rangers tactics. They didn't look like they wanted to win. Just to contain Zenit and nick a goal.

Not sure Zenit deserved it. They may have got to the final but it was their home performances that got them there. If they had played a team who actually played football instead of trying to bore the opposition to death they would have lost. In the main stages of the competition they only won one away game.