The Most Comprehensive and Complete Web Browser Memory Usage List

• 1 month later...

I have to take issue with your report of no memory leaks for Firefox 2x, FF2 was notorious for its memory leaks and Flock suffered the same as it used the same engine. FF3 on the other hand seems more stable.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it amusing, "no memory leak" bug, yet its using 131.7Mb (the largest) to load the 6 pages.

31) Safari w/WebKit Nightly r32574

Safari with the latest WebKit nightly

Home Page : http://nightly.webkit.org/

Download size : 18.6M + 14.6M

Blank Page : 30.2M

One Page : 47.1M

Six Pages : 131.7M

Memory Leak Bug : No

Special Notes : Seems WebKit is not happy with those Chinese sites, after opening the two Chinese sites, its CPU usage jumps to 50% (full CPU usage for one processor) and the whole browser becomes very un-responsive.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it does seem there isn't that much relevance to it. I'm also (mildly) curious about TT doing memory swapping. I don't read Chinese so it doesn't do me too much good. I also find it interesting that GoSurf comes in second with memory usage yet still has the memory leak bug. Something I'd like to see in this list as well is Maxthon Classic. M2 later versions have better memory management than the early versions, but as far as I remember Classic has much better memory management.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I wanted to bump this thread to say that I think it was a wonderful thing you did.

I'd love to see you update it and re-run your tests with some of the newer browsers and newer updates. :)

No offensive but....pretty pointless.

RAM is cheap. So what if it takes up 500MB? Most are now getting into thte 4GB range....

It isnt real world....I mean most check other sites, msn.com is possibly optimized for IE, etc.

Thanks for the effort and the tests though :)