Connect My Xbox Via. GameSpy Tunnel

I heard I needed a router. However, my new Asus A7N8X Deluxe comes with Dual LAN. Could I connect using this or would I still need a router?

you would have to have the main computer setup as a gateway and the use a crossover cable i believe.

But you would be better off just getting a LInksys router for $69 at Wal-mart

IMO

JzL

A router would be a waste of money in that situation.

You'd simply connect the Xbox with a crossover cable and go into the network setup wizard, it's quite simple.

However I recommend you also try XBConnect, as I had a better experience with that, try them both and decide which you like better.

Where can I buy a crossover cable from in the UK? What would the ping be like with it? Would a router be faster?

Where can I buy a crossover cable from in the UK? What would the ping be like with it? Would a router be faster?

You can get them from just about any compuer store around. As long as they sell networking cable, they should have those too.

Ping from your XBox to the PC is 0. It's what goes on from your PC to other PC/Xboxes that matter. It'll be along the lines of what you get with your standard PC games.

A router won't have any specific advantages, it's just another piece of hardware. And if you use XBox Live, you won't have to have your PC on to connect...

yeah but u need modchip to run it dont u ? :huh:

nope, it just tricks the xbox into thinking that its connected to another via system link, thats why it can be laggy in some games, as it expects it to be on a lan, so it uses a lot of bandwidth