[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

I agree.. but big players want to go to teams where they feel they can win things and if Man City gets 2-3 more big players.. lets say Kaka, Gattuso and Ronaldo... then they will start winning big cups and more big players will follow... its not good for teams who make them into stars.. only to lose them to teams with more money.. see how Hleb left us and Ronaldo was screaming he wants to leave.. if Arsenal and other teams who are big now.. don't get money from somewhere fast.. we can lose superstars to big money clubs.. sad situation really for EPL in the way the clubs are taken over by foreigners who are not even the fans of the clubs they invest in!!

I don't agree with part of that though, Wenger hardly made Hleb into a star, everyone knew about him before hand. Likewise, in a few years a lot of idiots will be saying that Wenger "discovered" Nasri.

I don't agree with part of that though, Wenger hardly made Hleb into a star, everyone knew about him before hand. Likewise, in a few years a lot of idiots will be saying that Wenger "discovered" Nasri.

haha, i can see him getting the credit for nasri if he turns out well...

I agree.. but big players want to go to teams where they feel they can win things and if Man City gets 2-3 more big players.. lets say Kaka, Gattuso and Ronaldo... then they will start winning big cups and more big players will follow... its not good for teams who make them into stars.. only to lose them to teams with more money.. see how Hleb left us and Ronaldo was screaming he wants to leave.. if Arsenal and other teams who are big now.. don't get money from somewhere fast.. we can lose superstars to big money clubs.. sad situation really for EPL in the way the clubs are taken over by foreigners who are not even the fans of the clubs they invest in!!

where was ronaldo screaming to leave? all he said was he wanted to play for real madrid (he did not say he wanted to *leave* man utd)

• 2 weeks later...

Not a summer transfer but a transfer new... apparently City may end up with 2 Ronaldos..

The former Brazil striker Ronaldo claimed yesterday that he was close to accepting an offer to join Manchester City. The 31-year-old was released by Milan over the summer and is still working his way back to fitness after a knee injury.

"I like the project that Manchester City have presented me. They want to make the club one of the best in the world and I feel that I can help. It is the best offer I've received and it will be very interesting to play with Robinho. Me and him, together, we can score more than 50 goals."

I don't like this one but hey it's their money.. :pacifier:

Ronaldo??!!? of all the strikers in the whole world they went for Ronaldo? wow.. they must be LOADED.. coz the last time I saw him play he couldn't even move.. was fat and sluggish.. haven't seen him since the world cup I must admit.. anyone saw one of his games lately? How does he look now?

Edited by Kralik

"We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious."

Al-Fahim said in The Guardian.

Is this guy serious?

Ronaldo??!!? of all the strikers in the whole world they went for Ronaldo? wow.. they must be LOADED.. coz the last time I saw him play he couldn't even move.. was fat and sluggish.. haven't seen him since the world cup I must admit.. anyone saw one of his games lately? How does he look now?

He was back in shape when he played for AC Milan prior to his injury:

ronaldo-acmilan-2008-05.jpg

p1_ronaldo_0830.jpg

VidER

Edited by VidER

He may have been "fat and sluggish" in the last World Cup, but he still managed to break the record for the most goals scored.

Ronaldo is one of the best strikers of all time, and is the only real Ronaldo, Cristiano comes no where near.

He may have been "fat and sluggish" in the last World Cup, but he still managed to break the record for the most goals scored.

Ronaldo is one of the best strikers of all time, and is the only real Ronaldo, Cristiano comes no where near.

'Cmon Marty aren't you being a lil bit harsh? Christiano and Ronaldo play in completely different positions.. I'm not the biggest fan of him too coz of some incidents on the field (diving etc.) but still.. Christiano is one of the best (Cesc, Gerrard, Benzema to name a few others) at what he does.. just see what Madrid and City are ready to pay to have him play for them.. and watching any Man Utd game now and you feel something is missing.. he brings flare to them..

'Cmon Marty aren't you being a lil bit harsh? Christiano and Ronaldo play in completely different positions.. I'm not the biggest fan of him too coz of some incidents on the field (diving etc.) but still.. Christiano is one of the best (Cesc, Gerrard, Benzema to name a few others) at what he does.. just see what Madrid and City are ready to pay to have him play for them.. and watching any Man Utd game now and you feel something is missing.. he brings flare to them..

I don't mean it that way. Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, but I simply mean what I said in the sense that Ronaldo is the only real Ronaldo, and Cristiano Ronaldo should be known as Cristiano Ronaldo!