Office 2008 SP1

If you are getting the Customer Experience dialog when you launch an Office app after SP1.

Try deleting:

~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/OfficePID.plist

Launch the app again, it will ask your name and key, it will be fixed after this.

Will do this when I get home. Only stress on a Wednesday.

How can they miss such a huge problem in this update in their testing? You really get the feeling Microsoft isn't even bothering with this now.

Sad thing is I know some of the Mactopia guys outside of my Cara Persona and they are great guys, really passionate about their work. I think this is just a case where they were using a set of internal numbers which didn't have this problem as they didn't take into consideration VLK's or a specific grouping of number prefixes which caused the issue.

I am not sure why you are moaning because if it has failed it means you got it from a torrent site.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?tar...a4-e145ceefc147

Wonderful broad spectrum idiotic statement. Remember, Assumptions are the mother of all...................

I'm pretty sure that Apple didn't get the copy of Microsoft Office 2008 that I'm using from a Torrent Site, in-fact I know it was gotten from https://licensing.microsoft.com/ because I downloaded it myself.

Apparently, as with WGA on Windows, a lot of false positives were being thrown up as re-inputting the product key, or applying the Refresh that was quietly pushed out without fan fair, fixed this issue for many people.

In the words of Apu from The Simpsons. "Thank you, Come Again."

haha, ******, read the entire thread before commenting. We've already been over this, and it's not the case.

I followed the steps to remove the Plist files and now Office won't start up.

I spoke with my Internal IT dept. and they told me I need to send my MBP to them and wait until they reinstall Office (the hardware and software belongs to the company I work for). The most annoying part is having to wait three working days without my computer just because of this stupid bug.

Absolute BS.

Word 2008 doesn't have something like Word 2007's inline equation editor? The one in Word 2007 is far superior to the old OLE-based equation editors from 2003 and older (which, I believe, was the one offering MathType as an 'upgrade').

Nope, not even close... It still has a special dialog box for each equation (thanks to someone in this thread, I don't think I was even aware that it was already bundled with office 2008...)

But say, if I open a file from office 2007 and it has equations, everything is converted to pictures or even worse, obscure text symbols. Big deal now, what do you expect me to do with pictures? :|

Apologies then, I have followed this thread all the way through, since I have already commented in it! Seems like the Mac BU have done it again, but with such a small team it is not surprising.

Yeah I paid ?54 for this copy of Office 08, not a price worth pirating over! Thanks for the broad generalisation nezermundy:pp

I deleted those 2 .plist files, reinstalled my key, boom, done. Maybe a VLK problem then. :huh:

I still prefer 2007 Ultimate by a longshot (flipping back and forth between the 2008 UI and the Ribbon can be confusing as hell), but I do notice some speed improvements (1.83 GHz, C2D Mini, 2GB RAM, 10.5.2).