31 days of the dragon - Entries

The winner will be either a drunk person with a scotish accent or indian accent. Nothing is more funnier than those two accents. :cool:

/me prepares beverages

I'm not a big competition person, but the idea of talking about all the totally mundane things I'd do with a dragon (with totally inappropriate bg music) seemed kind of amusing.

You'll probably realise quite quickly that improv comedy isn't my strong suit... then again, neither is any sort of comedy.

(oh yeah, and the "totally inappropriate bg music" is by me)

dwagun.mp3

Haha and SkyyPunk... if there was a Digg button just for your accent, I'd digg it.

:laugh:

For those who need something to make MP3s:

What I used (and to me is a great program, very quick to do basic editing) is Audacity, and they have a link for the LAME mp3 encoder that works with audacity. Just record, export as mp3, and finished!

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Edited by SkyyPunk

Hahahaha, all the entries so far are jokes. I'm liking the competition. Hopefully I'll have something by Friday. I can't wait to post it!

Another +1 for Audacity. I edit all of the NeowinCAST shows using it. Sure, there's more feature-packed audio editors out there but for the level of editing I do, you can't beat Audacity.

Another +1 for Audacity. I edit all of the NeowinCAST shows using it. Sure, there's more feature-packed audio editors out there but for the level of editing I do, you can't beat Audacity.

Also the best thing about Audacity is that, it's Free. :) It's performance level matches some of the expensive audio softwares.Another +1 for Audacity. :)

[*]Reply to this thread and attach an MP3 of under 2MB and no more than 1 minute in length

Hello everybody.

Its one of the most interesting dragon's competitions so far. But I have one question. since I already have a conception for the interesting stage, but I am afraid that I can not fit in one minute. whether it isn't possible in order to extend the time till two minutes?

Greetings.

Well, I have attached my entry. I have bit of feedback because of the microphone. Thanks for the contest and good luck to all contestants. I used XP's sound recorder to record and edit in Roxio. If you are not hearing me, just turn up your speakers.

DragonHP.mp3

I might as well join.. I'm a new comer and I wanted to join the contest.. still thinking about the dragon stuff though..

Does a 30 seconder qualifies??

Wow. What a great idea. I love how you let people submit multiple entries, so they aren't afraid to try a few times.

One suggestion: what if you have some kind of rating system that lets the forum users give feedback on which entries they like? Maybe his would be a bit hard to do, with all the competitors you're likely to get, but you could list, say, the top five, or ten. I know the administrators get to pick, but it might liven up the competition anyway. Also, if someone did submit a number of entries, it might help to be able to see which was the best liked. Anyway, just a thought.

Now a couple questions: How long can someone wait to decide which entry they want judged? Could it be later on, even toward the end of the contest, so they could get an idea of which was the best one via user or administrator feedback? Also, can two different people from the same household compete? Seems fair to me, since there can only be one winner, but then I don't set the rules.

Thanks for an awesome contest.

Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for the feedback, we'll talk it over as a staff team. As for your questions, feel free to submit as many as you want and so long as you indicate before the competition closing date which one you want judged, that's fine by us. And sure, more than one person from the same household can compete.

Well, Here is my Entry into the competition. Hopefully the Judges won't find this blannnnnnnnd.... ;)

Also, I would like to point out that this was all done with one breath speaking loudly... lol.

Neztea

LOL