HDTV owners, would you ever go back to SDTV?

I could never go back to a square. Rectangles at a high resolution looks the best.

Sports on hd are spectacular. especially that the hockey final is about to begin.

I only have one sdtv left and it just gathers dust.

Hooking up a PS3 or one of my laptops to hd is freakin awesome.

And what can you say about BlueRay?

once you go HDTV you just can't go back.. it's a pain to see people watching SD broadcasts when they have a HDTV and the same show is being shown on the HD channel. I always change it as soon as a commercial comes and they come back and say, wow.. looks much better.

HD is crap here in the UK. They market it as if it's the newest big thing and it's 'up-and-coming'; but it's just rubbish.

I mean HD-DVD came and went, Blu-Ray is here, they're recording it all in HD.. why can't they broadcast it all in HD?

I mean they don't even do it in proper HD even now. Like BBC HD or something.. It's just some upscaled crap.

I just came back from PC Richards and even with the Memorial Day sale, I had a heart attack when I saw the prices of the HDTVs there. I think I need to wait another year or so before looking into buying one. They're just soooo expensive right now.

I just moved to HDTV but without any services or players that can do HD is useless, I use it as a regular TV, blu-ray players is still too expensive to buy it, I will have to check how much is HD services in my area. I am not using the full feature of my HDTV.

I just moved to HDTV but without any services or players that can do HD is useless, I use it as a regular TV, blu-ray players is still too expensive to buy it, I will have to check how much is HD services in my area. I am not using the full feature of my HDTV.

I believe cable companies give free upgrades to HD service. At least, that's what they do in my area.

I use multiple HDTV's in my own home .. after almost 2 years of hi-defness, I'll never go back.

It sucks HD content is limited. Almost all (read: All) of the regional/national TV content is SD quality and .. well ... sucks on the screens.

It's a shame but I can understand the technical limitations.

Luckily the bluray player is helping out and latest US shows are availible in HD.. which make it all the more awesome.

What about HDTV antenna that you can hook on the roof? Can these antennas give a lot of free HD channels?

In the US the only HD stations free over the air are the same locals that are free over the air in SD.

In the US the only HD stations free over the air are the same locals that are free over the air in SD.

That's weird, I read in the internet that some people receive over 30 HD channels over the air with a powerful HDTV antenna.

I would rather not watch tv if it is on a tube tv LOL..

TV all the way.. it is all I watch... no matter how crappy the show

That's weird, I read in the internet that some people receive over 30 HD channels over the air with a powerful HDTV antenna.

There a a few more such as a couple weather channels, and of course public broadcasting networks, but they are pretty insignificant. That's why I didn't mention them. But those weather channels aren't HD they are digital.