what's changed about the graphics?

Enhancements, that is all I know. :) I know there are some new drivers included for forthcoming products as well as several updates for existing equipment.

Can anyone confirm this...

10.5.3 breaks Quicksilver. After a few minutes of Quicksilver running everything becomes un-clickable. The only way to fix it is quit QS... I'd hold off on upgrading until someone resolves the issue.

Quicksilver is somewhat pointless now with the new Spotlight. But thats just my opinion.

You guys really wernt kidding about how fast WebKit is on 10.5.3, i've never browsed neowin with <0.5 second page loads :D

This is teh awesome :D

Now I just gota figure out how to replace Safari all together. hehe

Enhancements, that is all I know. :) I know there are some new drivers included for forthcoming products as well as several updates for existing equipment.

Cara, don't you think you're leaking too much information for Apple's standards? Don't get me wrong, I love to know the details you share sometimes (like "new drivers included for forthcoming products"), but aren't you afraid of Apple's secrecy and anti-blog-ish police coming after you?

Cara, don't you think you're leaking too much information for Apple's standards? Don't get me wrong, I love to know the details you share sometimes (like "new drivers included for forthcoming products"), but aren't you afraid of Apple's secrecy and anti-blog-ish police coming after you?

Maybe Cara is Steve Jobs :woot:

10.5.3 broke mail.

The thing launches, everything loads for about 3 seconds, and crashes to hell.

Anyone help? Please?...

Again... spinning beach ball constantly?

If it is, try this...

Look for com.apple.mail.plist from /Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences, move it to the desktop.

Load up Mail you'll see its probably been reset and functioning as normal. Quit the app and put the original plist on your desktop back, and your settings etc are all intact. If it's the same bug, this cropped up from the Tiger days. I think it was first encountered after 10.4.6 was released.

Again... spinning beach ball constantly?

If it is, try this...

Look for com.apple.mail.plist from /Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences, move it to the desktop.

Load up Mail you'll see its probably been reset and functioning as normal. Quit the app and put the original plist on your desktop back, and your settings etc are all intact. If it's the same bug, this cropped up from the Tiger days. I think it was first encountered after 10.4.6 was released.

Thanks for the fix...so now Mail will launch, and when I click on a message (may it be from inbox or sent) the app crashes...

lol....:/

--edit--

So, I figured I'll just delete the com.apple.mail.plist file altogether, and than went and deleted my entire inbox/account and just wanted to set-up mail from start (I use gmail with POP3 forwarding), so I do so, the app comes up ok, the account sets up ok, it downloads a few messages, crashes. Relaunch, click on a message, doesn't display, the app crashes.

....heh help? :(

Edited by NeoXY

So, I figured I'll just delete the com.apple.mail.plist file altogether, and than went and deleted my entire inbox/account and just wanted to set-up mail from start (I use gmail with POP3 forwarding), so I do so, the app comes up ok, the account sets up ok, it downloads a few messages, crashes. Relaunch, click on a message, doesn't display, the app crashes.

....heh help? :(

That was really smart. That's why I told you to move it, so you could always restore it but not lose anything.

Something must have screwed up. As I can also view messages fine in Mail.

Don't remove it from total existence. You should have kept Google to save the messages on the server. So you can reset Mail and it'll download all the messages again.

Try deleting the cache and preference files for Mail. They are located in the Library folder of your user folder. Cache is in the Cache folder. Look for a folder or file that is associated with Mail and empty or delete that folder or file. For preferences, go to the preferences folder. Note that if your account is POP then your e-mails will be lost. If your account is IMAP then its save to delete the preference file. Otherwise, don't delete the preference file and see if it solve the issue.

wow, that update is almost the size of XP RTM lol. What's with OSX and Vista having OS sized updates now?

Because the size of the OS's grew from what would fit on one CD to what hardly fits on one DVD.

Because the size of the OS's grew from what would fit on one CD to what hardly fits on one DVD.

Great way to rephrase his question by removing the question mark at the end... :p

I always wondered the same thing though

Not really, that information was leaked almost a week ago and is publicly posted. :) I generally don't leak anything that will be traceable to me, at least publicly.