Not really, that information was leaked almost a week ago and is publicly posted. :) I generally don't leak anything that will be traceable to me, at least publicly.

You can leak to me anytime. :blush:

Not really, that information was leaked almost a week ago and is publicly posted. :) I generally don't leak anything that will be traceable to me, at least publicly.

alright then :) it's good to have you around ;) :p

Cara: I just did a fresh installation of OS X and applied 10.5.3, and my MacBook Pro runs better than ever. :D

Great to hear, a lot of changes went into this release under the hood. The Software guys are rather proud of themselves.

Wrong on so many levels.

yet soooo funny. Sifn't love Dave Chappelle! anyways back on topic.

Does anyone see any good differences? I haven't noticed a damn thing.

EDIT: under the hood is always good!

PS: I think visor should be built in for advanced users! its much handy!

Edited by offroadaaron

I would do a fresh install but it's such an effort to download everything again. It seems like the Apple servers are filtered in China. I don't understand why this update is going to take 6 hours.

I would do a fresh install but it's such an effort to download everything again. It seems like the Apple servers are filtered in China. I don't understand why this update is going to take 6 hours.

Try downloading it manually.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...omboupdate.html

I was able to get around 500-800k/s there.

Cara you're right, I can't stay more than 5 mins away from my new MBP (your 20 min estimate was wrong :p )

The update didn't take too long for me, 420MB here

Is it just me, or is USB file copying a *hell* of a lot faster in 10.5.3?

"Kernel Performance Increases" ;)

"Kernel Performance Increases" ;)

:p I just plugged in my WD Passport 160GB drive that I keep my stuff backed up on (manually, I haven't tried Time Machine yet), and it's copying over a lot smoother than it did before, instead of a few MB's a minute I'm seeing results close to 2x as fast, and the graphics on my 128MB 8600M GT are a heck of a lot smoother. Woo!

Question for you, Cara: After installing the Java update for 10.5 I have the "Developers" folder at the root of my drive, seems to just contain aliases, is this alright to delete or should I leave it alone?

:p I just plugged in my WD Passport 160GB drive that I keep my stuff backed up on (manually, I haven't tried Time Machine yet), and it's copying over a lot smoother than it did before, instead of a few MB's a minute I'm seeing results close to 2x as fast, and the graphics on my 128MB 8600M GT are a heck of a lot smoother. Woo!

Question for you, Cara: After installing the Java update for 10.5 I have the "Developers" folder at the root of my drive, seems to just contain aliases, is this alright to delete or should I leave it alone?

I'm going to suggest leaving them, it shouldn't cause harm but tempt not fate. :)

Well, i'm just building up a clone and am about to do a clean install to see if I can get back some of the performance i've lost. Not to mention permanently iron out some of these stupid bugs that i'm sure are user created.

USB is faster for sure now :)

Call me crazy but the sound on my MacBook Pro seems clearer too, no buzzing or slight hissing when listening to music (not to mention the music seems more 'crisp').

Call me crazy but the sound on my MacBook Pro seems clearer too, no buzzing or slight hissing when listening to music (not to mention the music seems more 'crisp').

Crazy...

But the sound on my MacBook is so awful anyway it's a real Meh situation. I need to get an airport express to stream my music to my TV. Popcorn Hour dosnt support apple M4P files yet :(

Crazy...

But the sound on my MacBook is so awful anyway it's a real Meh situation. I need to get an airport express to stream my music to my TV. Popcorn Hour dosnt support apple M4P files yet :(

It's not the built-in sound that I had a problem with, it was the external audio (line out) that when hooked up to my Logitech Z-2300's sounded weird after the last round of updates... it sounded like the audio was almost going out of range causing the speakers to sound distorted (as if there was too much pre-amp), now everything sounds wicked... even with my Sennheiser HD-435s :D

Oh right, i've never hooked anything else up to my MacBook, so I dont know if the soundcard in it is actually any good. iTunes sounds the same on the internal speakers... still awful, but thats what I have my iPhone for :D

I find the sound card in the macbook surprisingly good, only thing I've noticed though that if you are using external powered speakers, its best to leave the macs' master volume on maximum and only adjust the volume on your amp. That way your outputting a nice and strong line level signal, the macs' volume control should only really be used when using headphones imo.

I can tell quiet significant differences between having the master volume on max as opposed to low.

Thats if your using a analog line level connection obviously though, optical wouldn't make the slightest difference.

Edited by se7en.hu

After some hours I do feel now a difference for the good. At least Spaces and dock animations are smooth as hell. Let me do some intesive photoshop tasks.

OMG, THE SPACES GLITCH WITH THE CS3 SUITE ITS FIXED!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, but I am extremely excited, this was a major pain in the ass and the only major problem I had with Leopard :D

Edit 2: Seems that Photoshop its a little bit faster. I used as a benchmark an already made script and one of my scanned film photos (13,648 x 8,382 pixels)

Anyone knows if Pixelmator supports such resolutions? I would like to try the graphics core INTENSIVELY.

Edit 2: Seems that Photoshop its a little bit faster. I used as a benchmark an already made script and one of my scanned film photos (13,648 x 8,382 pixels)

Anyone knows if Pixelmator supports such resolutions? I would like to try the graphics core INTENSIVELY.

The last time I tried to make an image with such dimensions, my entire machine froze because of those NVChannel(GL) errors in the Console. Haven't tried since.