Now you mention it, yes.

The unresponsiveness that you are noticing could be caused by the Adobe Flash plug-in. Flash is well-known for being a bit greedy when it comes to processor utilization, although I have heard this is being fixed in Adobe Flash Player 10 (perhaps some sort of GPU acceleration is in the works?)

Anyone else noticing problems with AirPort since updating? My connection seems a lot slower, probably due to the poorer signal. It's even occasionally dropped on me.

Was perfect before the update.

I started on a Mac Desktop Support Course today. :happy:

A lot to learn, a lot to take in.

The only thing is that the MacBookPro (Intel) had problems booting after the update - the spinning snowflake just kept on going for what seemed like 10 minutes, then the speaker started hissing at me, on and off. Not sure if this is related to OS X 10.5.3 but the MacBookPro seemed fine before the update.

The other problem was with Wireless networking, the signal seemed to go up then down, yet we were meters away from the base.

If I could have some suggestions on these problems. Would be so great to solve these problems and help out the instructor.

The other problem was with Wireless networking, the signal seemed to go up then down, yet we were meters away from the base.

The exact same problem I'm having.

10.5.3 installed perfectly fine and it works great. 420MB here. I am so glad for the graphics drivers and fixes because now my MacBook runs very smoothly and there is no skip or lag in the system at all. The one bug that was introduced in 10.5.2 was fixed in 10.5.3 - a sound delay (where the UI would just freeze for a few seconds until the sound was triggered (changing volume, IM's in iChat, emptying the trash, etc). Oh and now my MB will recognize my 2Wire gateway's wireless (that came with my DSL provider). Before 10.5.3, it never did. Great update!

The AirPort related problems I was reporting earlier in the week seem to have disappeared, everything is back to normal.

Is anyone else still having the AirPort issues? I am still have it. It'll randomly drop the signal, while only being 10-20 feet away from the router.

Is anyone else still having the AirPort issues? I am still have it. It'll randomly drop the signal, while only being 10-20 feet away from the router.

Strange. I was having the exact same problem, but seemingly it's fixed itself.