Media player classic DVD menu buttons not working

Question

Hello i have just encountered this issue with media player classic i load the DVD and it gets to the menu screen and i can't click any of the buttons IE play, setup, etc this happened to anyone else before?

using the latest version of MPC and Vista home premium SP1.

5 answers to this question

Happened to me in MPC and VLC, though since I have PowerDVD now it doesn't matter.

Radish?

Yep i get that problem with MPC. The way i fixed it was to go into the options and then under the "keys" option, change the menu activate (i think) to a key of your choice and then ok all that. Now when you highlight a menu option, just press that key and it should select it.

I have the very same issue and none of the fixes listed here have changed anything.

My HTPC Build: NUC I7 HTPC with 16 gb memory, 256 gb M.2 Boot Drive, am using the Intel onboard Video which works quite well.

I am using MPC-HC with the K-Lite Codec Pack.

If playback happens it is very well done. Dolby D works and the picture is great. I just can't start anything from a DVD Menu because MPC-HC won't recognize a MOUSE CLICK in the DVD Menu.

MY problem is any Video Playback from a file that has a DVD Menu that needs to be CLICKED ON TO START PLAYBACK won't accept a MOUSE CLICK to start the playback.

If I am by a miracle able to get past that, then if there is a SELECTION MENU after that (for choosing an episode out of multiple episodes that are available) a MOUSE CLICK

will not select the item.

Does anyone else have this same problem and/or have found a fix for it?

Thanks

7 hours ago, vdowizard said:

I have the very same issue and none of the fixes listed here have changed anything.

My HTPC Build: NUC I7 HTPC with 16 gb memory, 256 gb M.2 Boot Drive, am using the Intel onboard Video which works quite well.

I am using MPC-HC with the K-Lite Codec Pack.

If playback happens it is very well done. Dolby D works and the picture is great. I just can't start anything from a DVD Menu because MPC-HC won't recognize a MOUSE CLICK in the DVD Menu.

MY problem is any Video Playback from a file that has a DVD Menu that needs to be CLICKED ON TO START PLAYBACK won't accept a MOUSE CLICK to start the playback.

If I am by a miracle able to get past that, then if there is a SELECTION MENU after that (for choosing an episode out of multiple episodes that are available) a MOUSE CLICK

will not select the item.

Does anyone else have this same problem and/or have found a fix for it?

Thanks

This thread is from 2008. Given its age, I suggest starting a new topic on the subject.

<Thread closed>