Samsung vs. Sony HDTVs

The only issue I've had with my Samsung HPT4254 is the scrolling "juttering". I'm sure Samsung has since fixed the issue but watching tickers on ESPN or CNN is kind of strange.

I love my TV though and I hope I don't have to replace it for a long, long time. I've had it now for a year and it still feels like a brand new set.

Have you guys seen the Series 8 screens from Samsung? HOLY MOTHER OF LORDS.

Seeing those things in person just blew my mind! I'm not fond of the red one, but the blue one looked... wow.

And those fockers are only 2 inches thick. Geez.

If you want the best display..and I know I'm not answering your original question.. but Panasonic is heads above Sony and Samsung in both overall quality in hardware as well as picture. Pioneer uses Panasonic in their latest Kuro lines. That should tell you a lot and Panasonic have superb black levels and are affordable as well.

Don't be scared of plasmas either. LCDs actually have more issues then Plasmas. People keep saying plasmas are on the way out but this is simply not true. The new 103" TVs from Samsung, Panasonic etc etc are showing that LCDs are nowhere near close technologically..especially since Plasma TVs actually have better picture quality too.

I would highly recommend Panasonic Plasma 42" 1080p for example.. you can't go wrong.. it's stunning quality.

Have you guys seen the Series 8 screens from Samsung? HOLY MOTHER OF LORDS.

Seeing those things in person just blew my mind! I'm not fond of the red one, but the blue one looked... wow.

And those fockers are only 2 inches thick. Geez.

Really REALLY! i cant wait for them to be released O/S :D:D

If you want the best display..and I know I'm not answering your original question.. but Panasonic is heads above Sony and Samsung in both overall quality in hardware as well as picture. Pioneer uses Panasonic in their latest Kuro lines. That should tell you a lot and Panasonic have superb black levels and are affordable as well.

Don't be scared of plasmas either. LCDs actually have more issues then Plasmas. People keep saying plasmas are on the way out but this is simply not true. The new 103" TVs from Samsung, Panasonic etc etc are showing that LCDs are nowhere near close technologically..especially since Plasma TVs actually have better picture quality too.

I would highly recommend Panasonic Plasma 42" 1080p for example.. you can't go wrong.. it's stunning quality.

No current line of Gen 9 Pios are still produced by pioneer Gen 10 will have panels produced by panasonic.

As for pana 42'' best plasma without jumping to a pioneer ( though i cant compare pana 850 to samsung 8 series as i havent seen it, ...comparing it to 6 series samsung).