Found authentic Nazi War Flag

Cleaning out my grandmother's attic, we found an authentic Nazi war flag. My grandfather worked for the Arsenal in the 40's-50's working on different projects. He probably got it from a vet who took it as a token of the war.

Anyways this thing is friggin huge. Its about 8' long and about 5' tall (I had to combine two pictures)

So I think its a really cool find for a piece of history (on the part where the flag would attach to the pole, theres even a stamp with the nazi bird on it and some numbers)

It also has letters on it - LOH. KR-FL. I'm not sure if I want to keep it, or sell it as it seems that it may fetch over $1000

flagsmallsu5.jpg

Edited by Brandon

That's really an amazing find. If you aren't interested in keeping it, you could call local museums and donate it in your grandfather's name.

Cleaning out my grandmother's attic, we found an authentic Nazi war flag. My grandfather worked for the Arsenal in the 40's-50's working on different projects. He probably got it from a vet who took it as a token of the war.

Anyways this thing is friggin huge. Its about 7-8' long and about 4' tall (I had to combine two pictures)

So I think its a really cool find for a piece of history (on the part where the flag would attach to the pole, theres even a stamp with the nazi bird on it and some numbers)

flagsmallsu5.jpg

Build a fire and burn it.

That thing is a sign of all things evil!

Hang it outside and show it off. :D

lol thats what i was gonna say.

hang it outside, and when people come to your house yelling, say it was dirty, so you washed it and needed to hang it to dry.

That's really an amazing find. If you aren't interested in keeping it, you could call local museums and donate it in your grandfather's name.

Seconding this. (Y) Most museums (or Military Bases) love having old memorabilia from past wars (even from "the other side"). :yes:

That may be a sign of evil, but it is a piece of history, you cannot just remove history like that.

That may be a sign of evil, but it is a piece of history, you cannot just remove history like that.

Yeah, just because it relates to something horrible doesn't mean it needs to be destroyed. It's a piece of history and your grandfather hung onto it for a reason.

If nothing else, take it to a antique place that might be able to clean it and store it for you where it won't be further destroyed.

agree

donate it to your local war museum the numbers might tell you where it was from in the area

That's exactly what I was thinking, it's best thing to do.

That's ignorant. You think covering up the past is the best way to prevent it from happening again? Even if that wasn't your intent from your comment, that flag is still an important piece of history that deserves to be preserved, be it in the OP's home, a private collection, or a museum.

Brandon, if you want to keep it (you should), call up some local museums and see if you can find out the best way to preserve it. Maybe get it framed or something.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it. Theres no military bases by me, so I'd either keep it or sell it.

According to this http://www.ioffer.com/i/Nazi-WWII-battle-f...hentic-43329026 which is about 1/2 the size, it could be worth upwords for $1000+

I'd be selling it as well. It has no special meaning to you, as you didn't have it passed down from your grandfather. You didn't know it existed until it was found so it has no sentimental value (apart from it being your grandfathers).

Hang it outside and show it off. :D

I second that or hang it in your car, specially if you are in a black community. :laugh: they will hang you out