Lesbian Kiss Too Much for Seattle Fans

Lesbian Kiss Too Much for Seattle Fans

Anyone who has attended a Major League Baseball game in the past decade has probably seen a "Kiss Cam" where couples throughout the ballpark are featured locking lips on the big-screen JumboTrons.

But controversy over ballpark kissing erupted at Safeco Field in Seattle this week when a same-sex couple claimed they were discriminated against because of their sexual orientation, which stadium officials deny.

Sirbrina Guerrero, 23, says she and her partner, who requested anonymity, were just "exchanging pecks," not acting any differently than heterosexual couples at the game, when park officials told them to stop "making out" or leave the facility.

"We were acting the same as any other dates that were out there, except we were a lesbian couple," she said. "When you bring a date to a game, you kiss once in a while. But it's not like we were making out. We were just kissing as regular couples do. I would never make out with anyone at a baseball game."

Source: ABC News: ESPN Sports

Sorry, is anyone else getting a "Gay Chubby Dating" ad? Just to clarify, I am not a homophobe, I just find the idea of chubby specific dating hilarious...

Pretty stupid, they're private property most likely, so they can do it, but that doesn't stop anybody from suing them.

Sorry, is anyone else getting a "Gay Chubby Dating" ad? Just to clarify, I am not a homophobe, I just find the idea of chubby specific dating hilarious...

So you're into cubs then?

:p

It sucks that one random stupid Neandertal complaint makes the rest of the town look bad. (Elsewhere it's mentioned that the complainee said they were "groping" each other, and that it's generally Safeco policy that that's not kosher. So this seems like much ado about nothing. *Groping* was the real issue here, gender TMK was irrelevant.)

I must remember to get a "straight but not narrow" sticker for my car.

Ah, OK: this is where the important quote:

Update: A Mariners spokeswoman has said staff acted on a guest complaint that the women were "groping and making out." Mariners staff are investigating the incident. Read below for more.

I was thinking of comes from.

Still stupid.

people wouldnt be getting upset if they were both hot...

so the other one must be hideous!

I know, right? Cuz its a REQUIREMENT that two lesbians making out in public MUST be hot.... Dude... can u be any more insensitive? What is it with the stereotypical guy's view of "Lesbians are ok because its hot to watch them make out"..... like seriously, ur not doin them any favors by "accepting" them simply because they are hot.... Sorry, but thats sort of a hot button for me. I think its sad that people are so discriminating over things like race, sex, sexual preference, etc in general. Who the heck cares? But seriously, if you're gonna accept someone, do it for the right reasons.

They should respect other people who are at the game that might be grossed out by that kind of thing and keep it in the bedroom. I hate it when gays or lezbos all "gay out" in public. If they are gay, that's fine, but keep it private. The rest of the world doesn't need to know.

I know, right? Cuz its a REQUIREMENT that two lesbians making out in public MUST be hot.... Dude... can u be any more insensitive? What is it with the stereotypical guy's view of "Lesbians are ok because its hot to watch them make out"..... like seriously, ur not doin them any favors by "accepting" them simply because they are hot.... Sorry, but thats sort of a hot button for me. I think its sad that people are so discriminating over things like race, sex, sexual preference, etc in general. Who the heck cares? But seriously, if you're gonna accept someone, do it for the right reasons.

thats not what im saying at all.

but if they were both hot, people wouldnt be complaining...... i was half joking, and its half true.

They should respect other people who are at the game that might be grossed out by that kind of thing and keep it in the bedroom. I hate it when gays or lezbos all "gay out" in public. If they are gay, that's fine, but keep it private. The rest of the world doesn't need to know.

They should respect other people who are at the game that might be grossed out by that kind of thing and keep it in the bedroom. I hate it when heteros and straight all "straight out" in public. If they are straight, that's fine, but keep it private. The rest of the world doesn't need to know.

Fixed for equality.

Yeah, so no PDAs for everybody and you will get the Kiss Cam cameraman fired.

They should respect other people who are at the game that might be grossed out by that kind of thing and keep it in the bedroom. I hate it when heteros and straight all "straight out" in public. If they are straight, that's fine, but keep it private. The rest of the world doesn't need to know.

Fixed for equality.

Yeah, so no PDAs for everybody and you will get the Kiss Cam cameraman fired.

They shouldn't have been kissing in public in the first place.

Ah but its a two way street.... Should gay people, who feel that their sexual orientation is normal for them, be subjected to watching straight couples suck face in public? If you're gonna ban one, u might as well be prepared to ban the other out of fairness. Look, its not like some pedophile was molesting some little kid in public.... its two consenting adults kissing.... who cares? No one's gonna DIE, get AIDS, turn gay, or any other ridiculous notion, simply by viewing it. It's an act of love between two people.... Get over it. (not u specifically, tho if it applies, feel free to give it a try ;) ) Life's too short to worry about that kind of stuff.

Heaven for bid two people shove each other affection in public, jeez.

I would understand complaining if they were really going for it, but then I would complain if I was watching any mix of the two sexes getting it on in during a match.

Edited by bmaher

Insensitive or not, it tends to be true.

I go to the ballpark to watch a baseball game. I do not wish to see any kissing be it by straights or gays. There is a time and a place for everything, in a baseball stadium the time is for baseball.

I go to the ballpark to watch a baseball game. I do not wish to see any kissing be it by straights or gays. There is a time and a place for everything, in a baseball stadium the time is for baseball.

Don't you just hate how kissing couples have this amazing ability to stretch their arms out really really far so that they can grab your face and direct it at their kissing lips? If they'd just keep their stretch arms to themselves, we wouldn't have this problem and you could actually pay attention to the game, minding your own business.

Don't you just hate how kissing couples have this amazing ability to stretch their arms out really really far so that they can grab your face and direct it at their kissing lips? If they'd just keep their stretch arms to themselves, we wouldn't have this problem and you could actually pay attention to the game, minding your own business.

I mind the business of Baseball. When they place it on the scoreboard screen it is hard to miss. Yes, there are more important things than this.