@HOME Shutting Down?!

I heard that a judge will be making a ruling on Friday, of whether or not to have @home shut down or not...this means all us @home users are out of internet?!

shouldnt be, unless your provider is incopetent.

i use Rogers@Home, and Rogers (my cable provider) picked up the service; we had to change our email from *****@home.com to ******@rogers.com and a few other minor things, but that's it

True @home might be shutting down over the weekend. I wouldn't worry about it if I was a user though. All the @home internet service is being provided by cable compaines in the US and Canada - all of which have very deep pockets. The cable companies will all probably continue the service without using @home which in my opinion is a bonus. The mail, news and backbone services implemented by @home were slowing down the service and was making it unreliable.

I hope the service gets faster as a result. Mine has been very reliable but the routing tables have been poorly though out. Anyone who's run a traceroute on @home can probably attest to the feeling.

I haven't heard much from Cox Communications, but they said that they were preparing for this by building their own network. My e-dress is still @home.com. I figure that their stake in @Home is enough that they haven't had to switch my e-dress. I guess we'll see how ready their network is.

I'm an att@home customer in CO and I would like to report that since at least 8am this morning the service has been down and I received the automated "service will be restored when we figure out how" message also.

T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Release

FOR RELEASE SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2001

AT&T Broadband Begins Migrating Broadband Internet Customers to New High-Speed Network

Company Moves Aggressively to Maintain and Restore Broadband Internet Service for Customers Following Excite@Home Service

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. ? AT&T Broadband has moved about 86,000 customers in Oregon and the Vancouver area of Washington from the Excite@Home network to the new AT&T Broadband Internet network, the company said today.

In addition, in the next two to 10 days, the company will move its Broadband Internet customers in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hartford, Pittsburgh, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Seattle, the Bay Area, some Michigan markets, and its Rocky Mountain region in the mountain West, to the new network. Customers may experience temporary service disruption during the migration.

The action follows Friday?s decision in U.S. Bankruptcy Court to cancel the Master Distribution Agreements between cable companies and the At Home Corporation, and the subsequent shut down of the Excite@Home network to AT&T Broadband users following sporadic Excite@Home service disruptions.

AT&T continued negotiations with At Home Corporation late into Friday evening and early Saturday morning only to see the Excite@Home service cut off.

AT&T moved its Oregon and Vancouver, Wash., Broadband Internet customers to the new high-speed network during a six-and-a-half hour period overnight and is working to migrate the balance of its customers to the new network in the coming days. Customers benefiting from last night?s network migration represent more than 10 percent of AT&T Broadband?s base of Excite@Home customers. At the end of the third quarter, AT&T Broadband had 1.4 million Broadband Internet customers. Of those, about 850,000 were served by the Excite@Home network.

AT&T Broadband has communicated with all of its high-speed cable Internet customers during the past few weeks to help them prepare for these developments.

The company will automatically issue credits to any customers who experience an interruption of service. Credits will be issued at the rate of two days free service for every day of interruption. In cases where the temporary outage is a bit longer, customers will receive free dial-up service from AT&T Broadband until they are restored to a high-speed network.

All affected customers will see these changes as part of their new service:

Email domain names will automatically change from [username]@home.com to [username@attbi.com. User names will stay the same;

AT&T Broadband Internet will feature AT&T WorldNet High Speed service content;

Upstream and downstream speeds will be managed to provide a faster and more consistent broadband service.

Customers formerly served by MediaOne will remain on a separately operated network. The markets encompassing those customers include Ann Arbor, Mich.; Atlanta; Jacksonville; Los Angeles; New England; Richmond, Va.; and St. Paul, Minn. In addition, a group of several thousand AT&T Broadband Excite@Home customers in Boston and Chamblee, Ga., ? who had been acquired as part of recent cable system acquisitions ? today are being migrated to that separately operated network.

For the group of customers in the markets being served by this separately operated network, the service will be re-branded as AT&T Broadband Internet. For the majority of customers in these markets, the network, Internet service connectivity, email domain names, and data transmission speed won?t be affected. The only change these customers will see is new content provided by Yahoo! To access this new content, customers can direct their browsers to http://home.attbroadband.com/.

AT&T Broadband cable and local telephone service won?t be affected by these developments.

Uncertainty around the future of the Excite@Home service, coupled with service interruptions necessitating migration of customers to the new high-speed network, is expected to negatively impact growth in the company?s number of Broadband Internet customers and revenue generating units.

About AT&T Broadband

AT&T Broadband, a business unit of AT&T, is the nation's largest broadband services company, providing television entertainment services to about 14 million customers across the nation. The company also provides advanced services, such as digital cable, high-speed cable Internet services and compe***ive local phone service. More information on AT&T Broadband services can be found at www.attbroadband.com. AT&T (NYSE:T) is the world's leader in telecommunications services and technology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This press release contains ``forward-looking statements'' within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the Company's plans, intentions and expectations. Such statements are inherently subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. These risks include increased levels of compe***ion, shortages of cellular handsets and other key equipment, restrictions on the Company?s ability to finance its growth and other factors. A more extensive discussion of the risk factors that could impact these areas and the Company's overall business and financial performance can be found in the Company's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these concerns, investors and analysts should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.

For more information, reporters may contact:

Eileen Connolly - AT&T

908-221-6731 (office)

888-602-5417 (pager)

econnolly@att.com

Sarah Eder - AT&T Broadband

(303) 858-5431 (office)

(303) 887-9744 (cell)

Andrew Johnson - AT&T Broadband

303-858-3406 (office)

888-951-0162 (pager)

johnson.andrew.c@broadband.att.com