What do you hate about the sport you love?

Most people I talk to that don't watch it say they don't because of the fighting.

I don't care to watch it on TV, but it's great to watch in the stands

The American League's Designated Hitter. So ######.

(baseball)

agreed.

Also, i love basketball and do follow the NBA but find it hard to even like a particular team/player because i grew up idolizing Michael Jordan. The referee's have obviously corrupted the game and its all fixed imo.

American Football (NFL).

I love it to death, but there are some major rule changes that need to take place. My number one concern is with the instant replay and challenge system, where so many plays that need to be challenged can't for one reason or another.

Here's the thing: the referees are consistently wrong. It's growing to be a much more real problem every year, it seems. There are calls that can make or break a team's entire season, and nothing should be decided by a bad call.

I think referee rulings (some penalties, in particular) should be able to be challenged. Now, keep the challenge maximum at two per half just to keep the pressure on. That way, the gameplay remains fluent, but if something drastic comes up that could change the outcome of the game, that play could still be challenged for review.

Hell, sometimes I think we need to institute an instant replay for the coin tosses. I can't believe that has ever been an issue, but I can remember two very distinct times that it was in recent memory. How can you screw up a coin toss? Beats me. But if it happens, why not let the outcome be challenged?

That's awesome. Well done.

+1

He seems to be the scapegoat for a lot of the NHL's problems. :p

i am a Football fan. I hate that people cant see Turkey is the most entertaining team in Euro 2008 and the possible winner of the competition. I just hate that people cant see this.

i am a Football fan. I hate that people cant see Turkey is the most entertaining team in Euro 2008 and the possible winner of the competition. I just hate that people cant see this.

What kind of point is that :blink: ?

Scirwode

First i want to say, it's a great topic. Thanks to the author.

Secondly, my favourite sport is football (soccer).

It is fantastic sport when played by amateurs for fun. At professional level what i hate the most is very few goalscoring opportunities.