Girl shoots herself with grandma's gun at SC store

What don't you understand? Only someone looking for a gun under legal circumstances would be going to a legitimate store to buy one. A CRIMINAL would go to his local corner, and get one with the serial scratched out.

If a criminal wants a gun, it's easy. A LOT easier than a regular citizen going to the gun store. I've been finger printed 4 times in the last 5yrs due to gun purchases and NFA items. The ATF has my photo, finger prints and entire background. If I commit a crime with the guns I have, after going through all of that, I deserve to be locked up lol. However, for those who choose to not go the legal route, here's 7 quick and easy steps for you to get a gun without all the hassle and bs:

Step 1.) Obtain cell phone.

Step 2.) Use cell phone.

Step 3.) Call up Little Jacob and tell him you need a weapon.

Step 4.) Meet Little Jacob in an undisclosed area.

Step 5.) Look through Little Jacob's inventory and pick out whatever you want.

Step 6.) Pay for items.

Step 7.) Profit.

Banning guns won't happen, we will never have a majority of registered voters vote against the constitution. Also, I carry a concealed gun to work with me everyday, every single one of my coworkers does the same. When I get home I lock my gun up in a fireproof safe bolted to the wall and the floor. For people like me, where working without a concealed weapon would be suicide, the business I work in would simply disappear. Sure there are some really stupid out there. But then there are people like me, who respect guns just as much as they respect people because they have seen the effects of someone or something getting shot. One of my good friends, happens to be a priest and he owns guns and goes hunting every deer season with his nephews.

However I agree, people that are so paranoid they need to take a gun to a grocery store are a vast stupid minority. Because if her purse gets stolen she now gave a thief, her registered handgun which he could do go knows what in her name until she can prove that her gun was stolen and she had nothing to do with the crimes committed with it. So yeah, you are going to have some stupid people out there, but then you have responsible hunters who like to enjoy the sport of the hunt every now and again, which makes banning guns completely out the question. Especially in rural America as guns are used a lot of times to protect livestock from natural predators such as coyotes or wolves.

I don't think anyone in here wants a total gun ban like that though.

Clearly owning guns for sports such as hunting would be entirely ok.

What we are focusing on is what you brought up in the last paragraph - Someone taking a gun to go grocery shopping.

I'd even now say, it's far more understandable for someone to own a firearm and LEAVE it in their house - For instances where you are in trouble in your house.

Unfortunately I doubt a law is about to be passed to ban guns from public areas entirely, and only allow them in homes...

The worst thing is people carrying fire arms when doing everyday tasks like shopping or walking down the street.

What don't you understand? Only someone looking for a gun under legal circumstances would be going to a legitimate store to buy one. A CRIMINAL would go to his local corner, and get one with the serial scratched out.

I understand that criminals will still be able to get guns illegally if, hypothetically, the US banned sale and possesion of firearms without a licence. However, in a country like the UK where only certain police officers are allowed to carry laoded guns in public, gun crime is very minimal. Organised gangs obviously have the means to obtain weapons from overseas but where does your average joe burglar get his from? It's very easy to spot smuggled guns I'd imagine because they're metal and would stand out on an x-ray/metal detector. As I keep saying, a ban on guns would evidently lead to massively reduced gun crime as shown by France, UK, Germany etc. etc.

Step 1.) Obtain cell phone.

Step 2.) Use cell phone.

Step 3.) Call up Little Jacob and tell him you need a weapon.

Step 4.) Meet Little Jacob in an undisclosed area.

Step 5.) Look through Little Jacob's inventory and pick out whatever you want.

Step 6.) Pay for items.

Step 7.) Profit.

And where does Little Jacob get the guns from if sale of them is illegal?

And where does Little Jacob get the guns from if sale of them is illegal?

Little Jacob doesn't give up his suppliers :shiftyninja:

However, if you really want to know, just follow the trail of marijuana smoke, it'll lead you right to him lol.

After reading through this thread it's clear to see how different (and scary in some regards) America's views towards owning and using firearms is to ours in the UK and Canada etc. I'm not going against anyone in here but I feel exactly the same as AudioBoxer here and to be honest I find America's approach and justification for treating guns like they do a little *facepalm* to put it bluntly. Again I do not intend to offend anyone with this post but I'm definitely with you audioboxer on everything you've posted in this thread. (Edit- And Yan174)

After reading through this thread it's clear to see how different (and scary in some regards) America's views towards owning and using firearms is to ours in the UK and Canada etc. I'm not going against anyone in here but I feel exactly the same as AudioBoxer here and to be honest I find America's approach and justification for treating guns liek they do a little *facepalm* to put it bluntly. Again I do not intend to offend anyone with this post but I'm definately with you audioboxer on everything you've posted in this thread.

You make it seem as it's America as a whole that believes this. That's not the case, it's mostly old republicans who are bound to die soon anyways, and rednecks.

I don't believe in weapons, and i'm sure a majority of America doesn't either.

You make it seem as it's America as a whole that believes this. That's not the case, it's mostly old republicans who are bound to die soon anyways, and rednecks.

It really has cheered me up to see the few Americans like you in this thread who don't share this view of firearms, thanks Steve for still giving me hope in America, xD.

Stereotypical much? I most certainly am NOT a Republican and am almost offended to be considered one. Maybe I differ in how I take pride in my possessions, but, again, I will be damned if some idiot wants rob me of my hard earned whatever, or even my family.

Granny expected to be robbed in broad daylight at a shopping center ? :huh: Must be a tuff area.

Could at least keep some type of lock on the gun.

Read at the end... She's also a magistrate.

Stereotypical much? I most certainly am NOT a Republican and am almost offended to be considered one. Maybe I differ in how I take pride in my possessions, but, again, I will be damned if some idiot wants rob me of my hard earned whatever, or even my family.

Sorry if I offended you, but strict gun laws have worked out in the U.K., why don't we as Americans implement them? What good is a burglar without a gun? Plus, what are the chances of you getting robbed anyways? Use a baseball bat, something, guns should be a last resort, not a first resort.

Exactly, well said Steven. A person's life is worth more that your silly little posessions, let the police deal with it how they like but shooting someone, especially shooting to kill if they broke into my house is something that I would not do. Sure knock them out with a bat and wait for the authorities to come and deal with it but a gun is just so not worth it.

Exactly, well said Steven. A person's life is worth more that your silly little posessions, let the police deal with it how they like but shooting someone, especially shooting to kill if they broke into my house is something that I would not do. Sure knock them out with a bat and wait for the authorities to come and deal with it but a gun is just so not worth it.

The problem with that here in the US is when that person regains consciousness, gets out of jail, then comes back and sues you for assault. Oh, and you can't bring up the fact they "broke into your house" during the civil suit, because it's not relevant. Our fine justice system at work there. I have a lot of faith in our police system :rolleyes: Generally, not only will you "not" get your stuff back, you have to pay for the damages, and also pay to have your stuff replaced. But hey, I really hope you don't have a wife/gf that lives with you too. Rape is fairly common with home invasions here as well. But I guess you're ok with that too, since the police will make it all better right?

The problem with that here in the US is when that person regains consciousness, gets out of jail, then comes back and sues you for assault. Oh, and you can't bring up the fact they "broke into your house" during the civil suit, because it's not relevant. Our fine justice system at work there. I have a lot of faith in our police system :rolleyes: Generally, not only will you "not" get your stuff back, you have to pay for the damages, and also pay to have your stuff replaced. But hey, I really hope you don't have a wife/gf that lives with you too. Rape is fairly common with home invasions here as well. But I guess you're ok with that too, since the police will make it all better right?

So what's the solution shoot and kill instead to avoid being sued? :/

Surely if what you're saying is true, if you shoot someone in the leg they could sue you as well?

I can't grasp what you're saying being true, if it is then :| I'm literally speechless if someone could sue you in a circumstance like that, where they've entered your house and caused a threat substantial enough to warrant you knocking them out.

Clearly though if they've broke in, seen you and then tried to run/escape and you chase them down and beat them senseless with a bat, that's a different story.

Sorry if I offended you, but strict gun laws have worked out in the U.K., why don't we as Americans implement them? What good is a burglar without a gun? Plus, what are the chances of you getting robbed anyways? Use a baseball bat, something, guns should be a last resort, not a first resort.

Read the entire thread and please don't overlook the parts regarding how easily a criminal can obtain a gun if they want to. On the contrary to how it would affect law-abiding citizens.

Once again speaking the truth.

Police officers try to immobilize, not kill.

yeah, so would I...I'd shoot both his knee caps out..so the Idiot couldn't break into someone else's house without the use of crutches...LOL

Read the entire thread and lpease don't overlook the parts regarding how easily a criminal can obtain a gun if they want to. On the contrary to how it would law-abiding citizens.

I think you're being a little naive with how easy it would be for someone to get hold of a gun if they're banned everywhere in the country.

Criminals can't magic guns out of thin air, especially low life criminals that break into houses to steal things. From any reported break in in the UK, you hardly ever, if ever, here a house was robbed at gun point.

It's usually just idiot teenagers putting in a window with a brick and attempting to steal things.

We're not talking about the Mafia here, were talking about people desperate enough to break into everyday houses - Unless you're a celebrity and own a mansion or something.

I think you're being a little naive with how easy it would be for someone to get hold of a gun if they're banned everywhere.

Criminals can't magic guns out of thin air, especially low life criminals that break into houses to steal things. From any reported break in in the UK, you hardly ever, if ever, here a house was robbed at gun point.

I guess it would be naive to think marijuana was easy to get as well...

Marijuana is a class C drug, and as far as im aware you can legally own seeds. It's when you actually grow the plants it's illegal - However I'm not sure.

What a daft comparison, comparing Marijuana to fire arms.

I guess that's part of the problem for some in the states, they'd put a gun in the same category as a Class C drug.

Indeed. And it's not as if guns are illegal here in the UK - we've got 3 shotguns in my house (between two firearms licences) and even my mother is a member of the local gun club. It's handguns that are the dangerous ones, particularly if people are able to carry them around concealed. If people are at risk from gun crime then the police need better powers / funding to deal with it - simply doling out weapons to make people feel safer is a stupid idea, particularly when most household shootings are of children and other family members. It's the "I need to protect my home and to do that I need a gun" mentality that has created the huge gun problem in the US and it's going to take a lot of motivation and determination to deal with it... something I don't see happening in the forseeable future.

Marijuana is a class C drug, and as far as im aware you can legally own seeds. It's when you actually grow the plants it's illegal - However I'm not sure.

What a daft comparison, comparing Marijuana to fire arms.

I guess that's part of the problem for some in the states, they'd put a gun in the same category as a Class C drug.

Oh come on. You have to see the truth of my comparison. Marijuana is legal in certain circumtances, as would guns, if there were an existing ban (ie. Police Officers). There will always be a way for someone to get possession of a gun (a guy who knows a guy). More than ust growing plants is illegal. You can't smoke it or own it without a prescription, you most certainly cannot grow it, and definitely cannot sell it. Sounds like a ban of guns would be similar.

So your seriously saying that under US law, if you injure someone breaking into our house, they can sue. Yet if you kill said person, no-one mentions it? Seems like madness to me and if it is true, my view of the US justice system has sunk considerably.

No, because a) guns are metal and can be easily detected on x-ray/metal detectors on entry to the country. b) you cant grow guns, they need a complex factory where security will be strictly controlled. c) The risks of smuggling, selling and possessing a gun are far higher than those involved with marijuana (in the UK anyway, imagine the US may be similar.

Indeed. And it's not as if guns are illegal here in the UK - we've got 3 shotguns in my house (between two firearms licences) and even my mother is a member of the local gun club. It's handguns that are the dangerous ones, particularly if people are able to carry them around concealed. If people are at risk from gun crime then the police need better powers / funding to deal with it - simply doling out weapons to make people feel safer is a stupid idea, particularly when most household shootings are of children and other family members. It's the "I need to protect my home and to do that I need a gun" mentality that has created the huge gun problem in the US and it's going to take a lot of motivation and determination to deal with it... something I don't see happening in the forseeable future.

I see where your coming from. It would take a lot of effort to change the mentality of people in the US in this regard. And not just that, but there would have to be major changes done in government services such as the enforcement of such a ban and also local law enforcement would have to able, for once, properly patrol. If this were possible and I did not have a real reason to protect myself and my family by such powerful means then that would be ideal. However, like you said, I do not see this happening in any near future, especially with how funds are so...non-existant these days.

No, because a) guns are metal and can be easily detected on x-ray/metal detectors on entry to the country. b) you cant grow guns, they need a complex factory where security will be strictly controlled. c) The risks of smuggling, selling and possessing a gun are far higher than those involved with marijuana (in the UK anyway, imagine the US may be similar.

You don't think there are dogs specifically trained and used to find smuggled drugs on entry to the country?

Granny expected to be robbed in broad daylight at a shopping center ? :huh: Must be a tuff area.

Could at least keep some type of lock on the gun.

You can get mugged on the way to a shopping center.

So your seriously saying that under US law, if you injure someone breaking into our house, they can sue.

I believe so, and I believe a few individuals got away with it in the past

You don't think there are dogs specifically trained and used to find smuggled drugs on entry to the country?

Dogs aren't mandatory for every visit to the airport....

Everyone has to pass through a metal detector, and every bag gets scanned as well.

Smuggling drugs has nothing on trying to smuggle firearms into a country.