Follow the release of Firefox 3

hehe let me guess.. you tried to go to the ftp and the index.html in the 3.0 folder lead you to the above url?

( I did it too hehe :blush: )

Don't know what the big deal is. Using FF3.0 RC3 here and its totally stable. In fact been using it through the beta's.

But now it will be official.

:laugh:

post-4927-1213680004.jpg

hehe let me guess.. you tried to go to the ftp and the index.html in the 3.0 folder lead you to the above url?

( I did it too hehe :blush: )

Uh huh :yes: getting excited about the release. :jump:

Somehow I can't imagine if Microsoft could generate this sort of excitement with it's products.

Somehow I can't imagine if Microsoft could generate this sort of excitement with it's products.

I feel they probably did with the Vista Public Release Candidate they did or several times with MSN builds. Honestly but, I'm sure 90% of firefox users aren't so excited that that'd watch a check list of the release ect. It'd be pretty confined IMHO. I don't mean to dampen the situation, I'll be downloading it and hope everyone likes the app, but I doubt theres that much hype outside of the tech forum/blog circles.

While I like how this browser's coming along in development:

Gosh man, it's just a piece of free software! Nothing that important to get excited about. I mean, it's not like people are camping outside Internet caf?s tonight to download new fresh copies of FF3 tomorrow:wacko::

it's out on there ftp.mozilla.org ftp server right now im downloading it.... it's in the ... /pub/firefox/releases/3.0/win32/en-US/ folder for USA users.

edit: it appears the same file size as the RC2 of firefox 3.... my guess is it's the same as RC2 but with the version changed to final instead of RC.

it's out on there ftp.mozilla.org ftp server right now im downloading it.... it's in the ... /pub/firefox/releases/3.0/win32/en-US/ folder for USA users.

edit: it appears the same file size as the RC2 of firefox 3.... my guess is it's the same as RC2 but with the version changed to final instead of RC.

wont count toward the record

Hashtab says...

it's RC3. RC3 is identical to final. MD5 hash is C971BB2273D24D62DD15DCDBD6030EA3 for en-US.

TheCrip, it has June 11 dated on it.

your right but check digital signatures... im pretty sure it's the real thing.

plus it's in the releases folder to so it aint like it's a beta or anything ;)

Why don't we just hold on for an update on the front page?

The 'update' downloads through the client will surely count towards the total too?

I'll probably just update when that is live...

so the downloads dont count from the ftp server?

either way though that 'record' there going for is rather pointless (no offense to anyone) as all people care about is the browser itself ;)

the record is probably just there to get the word out more about the browser.

but it's running good so far... i clean installed firefox 3 from scratch and reinstalled all the add-on's (i.e. tabscroller/adblock plus/no script) for good measure ;)

so the downloads dont count from the ftp server?

either way though that 'record' there going for is rather pointless (no offense to anyone) as all people care about is the browser itself ;)

very useless IMHO, especially if they cant add the auto updates. That and knowing some people, there will be users downloading it 100 times over just to "do their part"

very useless IMHO, especially if they cant add the auto updates. That and knowing some people, there will be users downloading it 100 times over just to "do their part"

exactly! ;) lol

here it is to get straight to the point...

----ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.0/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%203.0.exe----

i'm pretty sure they don't count multiple downloads. the record does have to be audited you know?