Is anybody actually happy

Are you happy with your PS3?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your PS3 purchase?

• Yes indeedy
    • Not really
    • I'm undecided at the moment

Nice sig. Seriously :argh:

You've been getting yourself in a little bit too far mate as of late, but yeah, I wouldn't of expected that from DM.

I guess the real person in some people comes out from time to time :/

We can all have a joke about Sonys delays, and yeah I get annoyed with them, but that's just too far :no: Flamebait on the go if you want to call it that. If we all knew each other it might be funny as a joke, but on a message board you're screaming for attention pulling stunts like that.

I haven't been getting into anything too far. I'm simply posting my opinions. Ironic that somebody such as DM would have that in his sig about opinions.

I'm sick of all the negative posts here, even in positive threads from the same handful of people. I'm speaking out about it.

I just got one this past weekend and I'm really happy with it. I have GH3 and I bought flow from the PSN. Really cool! Using it as a media center(?) to stream vids/music/pics from my pc's to my tv. awesome. going to rent a blu-ray movie soon :)

You've been getting yourself in a little bit too far mate as of late, but yeah, I wouldn't of expected that from DM.

I guess the real person in some people comes out from time to time :/

We can all have a joke about Sonys delays, and yeah I get annoyed with them, but that's just too far :no: Flamebait on the go if you want to call it that. If we all knew each other it might be funny as a joke, but on a message board you're screaming for attention pulling stunts like that.

No different to the users who used to have RROD in their sigs and a comment about those.

Double standards ftl (N)

I haven't been getting into anything too far. I'm simply posting my opinions. Ironic that somebody such as DM would have that in his sig about opinions.

I'm sick of all the negative posts here, even in positive threads from the same handful of people. I'm speaking out about it.

I'm talking about replying to everything and anything people post...

Just trust me mate, I've been here for a while, especially during the massive uproot of this section the mods done where many people were sidelined for weeks, others warned and some banned.

You don't have to be the cause of the issue to get in hot water, merely getting involved can blow things up and get you into corners.

Some advice for your own good really, I don't care if you don't want to make anything of it.

Talk to the mods if you have issues, especially those in charge of the GH. They are all friendly and the worst you'll get is a friendly disagreement - Much better than trying to dig yourself out of a potential warnable/banable offence :/

No different to the users who used to have RROD in their sigs and a comment about those.

Double standards ftl (N)

Why the heck are you stooping to their level as if it's something personal against you instead of just reporting them?

It is walking flamebait and you know it. People in these forums explode at everything and anything and a sig like yours is only going to cause some to blow up into epic proportions.

Gamers don't post sigs like that on a messageboard. As I said between your real life friends or if you knew all of us, we could take it as a joke. However people who don't know you, see that sig, and then you can guess what they think/will do.

Keep it though if you want to, I don't really mind. The whole delay part/this is waiting makes me laugh!! But it's not for here IMO.

Double standards ftl (N)

I've highlighted the key words.

All you have done is stoop to their level. Well done?

I'm not about to go through a list of over 200K members and find any that still use a RROD in their sig. I seen one only last week, so there is still people out there that use it.

I'm not here to impress any of you, I am only discussing topics at hand. If you have a problem with me, you can pm me.

Back on topic then :)

How immature can you get, delay station, this is waiting, its not like you're the first person to come up with such crap, its not big and its not clever. You are just trying to bait people into an argument, hope the mods will do something about it.

I'm not about to go through a list of over 200K members and find any that still use a RROD in their sig. I seen one only last week, so there is still people out there that use it.

I'm not here to impress any of you, I am only discussing topics at hand. If you have a problem with me, you can pm me.

Back on topic then :)

Suitable for PM, but saying it here for everyone's good.

Publicity stunt aside, don't get yourself warned/banned - You contribute to the forums and I don NOT think for one moment the mods will take lightly to such attention in your sig that will easily bait arguments and flames left right and center in the GH. This place is notorious for being one of the worst forums for flaming/arguments, and hardest to moderate on NW.

Wisen up, the largest contributors to the GH aren't expected to act like "nobodies" on the forums with the "I hate Apple", "Sony Sucks", "MS RROD" labelling all over their sigs/profiles.

The nobodies can slip under the radar much more often as they don't participate as much. However you're one of the top posters in here no doubt.

Quite frankly those people are morons for displaying their beliefs in cave-man esque ways. I don't mind if someone won't touch a Windows OS because they get off to Linux or Apple, fair enough - go you, but keep it civilised on a public message board where you bump into random people...

You may hate Sonys delays more than you hate Terrorism, but I'd like to see you walk down a busy high street with "Sony Sucks!!! Delaystation! This is Waiting!" on a billboard above your head.... Not good attention you'll be getting (yeah ok, some who agree may shake your hand).

Heck I'd shake your hands for having cojones, and I'd laugh, but you know what people are like on this forum - You've been here for years and you aren't one of the nobody "cavemen" I talked about above.

I think he is a nobody, all ive seen from certain people since i joined is just baiting and being negative for the sake of being negative just because someone else might have done it towards the 360, its pathetic.

How immature can you get, delay station, this is waiting, its not like you're the first person to come up with such crap, its not big and its not clever. You are just trying to bait people into an argument, hope the mods will do something about it.

It's up to him what he puts in his sig. Seriously. Heard it before? Then get over it. It will only turn sour if you let it. Sure there's been the RROD sigs and what not, but at the end of it, it's just a console.

?_?

It's up to him what he puts in his sig. Seriously. Heard it before? Then get over it. It will only turn sour if you let it. Sure there's been the RROD sigs and what not, but at the end of it, it's just a console.

?_?

No its up to the mods, he only changed his sig to that today because of the people arguing with his nonsense answers, he changed it just so he could bait people and no i wont get over it its people like him that turn every thread positive or negative into people arguing with each other.

No its up to the mods, he only changed his sig to that today because of the people arguing with his nonsense answers, he changed it just so he could bait people and no i wont get over it its people like him that turn every thread positive or negative into people arguing with each other.

And still, just ignore it. Stop being baited along.

All I wish to say is IF it offends, report it and let the mods deal with it.

Back to the topic...

I think I said earlier in this thread my reasons why, I know plenty of people with the various formats and they bought what they wanted because it suited their individual needs. Hell, there are probably people out their who are happy to stick with the previous generation.

I hope you do realise I am just poking fun at it all, and the double standards two new members (I wonder who) to the board have brought. Seemingly if it's not done the same as the 360 it's a failure, but if you have a different opinion to them, you're wrong also!

Here's a hint: you aren't gonna change my mind, you aren't 100% correct on eveything you say and you don't have the final word. I will continue to post my opinions on all 3 consoles and abide by the rules of Neowin. There are no rules on Neowin which disallows fanboys from posting (ftr, I'm not actually a fanboy), but if I was it wouldn't be a problem unless I was attacking members etc or not contributing to topics.

Seeing as I own a PS3, and have previously owned a Wii, I'm more than entitled to say what I feel about each console. If you don't agree with me then that's your problem. At least I can back up my agruements with hands on experience :)

I hope you do realise I am just poking fun at it all, and the double standards two new members (I wonder who) to the board have brought. Seemingly if it's not done the same as the 360 it's a failure, but if you have a different opinion to them, you're wrong also!

See there you go again, i had a 360 and a PS3 before some pikey burgled my house, i had my 360 since launch and i only bought PS3 for MGS4 but ive followed the console since its launch as well.

No one is comparing it to the 360, its only people like you who drag the thread down by comparing it to the 360, ive been critical of the PS3 in quite a few threads, i have as much hands on experience as you do, but then i dont stoop so low as putting pathetic slogans in my sig like a child who cant win an argument.

Seeing as I own a PS3, and have previously owned a Wii, I'm more than entitled to say what I feel about each console. If you don't agree with me then that's your problem. At least I can back up my agruements with hands on experience :)

Precisely.

God I wish people weren't as sensitive these days...

All I wish to say is IF it offends, report it and let the mods deal with it.

Back to the topic...

I think I said earlier in this thread my reasons why, I know plenty of people with the various formats and they bought what they wanted because it suited their individual needs. Hell, there are probably people out their who are happy to stick with the previous generation.

QFT now...

This topic has already been reported before due to things going offtopic. You can bet right now eyes are on it, and you know what? The moderators are probably so sick of this section, instead of coming in and cleaning it up right away to prevent casualties, they'll leave the fight alone to see how much damage everyone inflicts on themselves...

Stop prodding the fire, little jokes and mockery here are effectively the equivalent of chucking more coal on it.

Self-moderation does not go down well with the mods either, and here we are doing it again... :( Everyone knows the rules, attempts at baiting people as a joke, is not a nice one way ticket past moderation.

See there you go again, i had a 360 and a PS3 before some pikey burgled my house, i had my 360 since launch and i only bought PS3 for MGS4 but ive followed the console since its launch as well.

No one is comparing it to the 360, its only people like you who drag the thread down by comparing it to the 360, ive been critical of the PS3 in quite a few threads, i have as much hands on experience as you do, but then i dont stoop so low as putting pathetic slogans in my sig like a child who cant win an argument.

I'm not dragging anything down. If I want to compare, I'll do it. I don't need your permission. They are both consoles and are both after the same audience, of course they are going to be compared. Especially when 80% or whatever of the games are on both. You and Popisdead are the ones who drag it down because you can't share the same opinions as me, not the other way round.

Where did i say you couldnt voice your opinions, everything is fine in the Sony section till people like you and PiracyX post your "opinions", we arent the ones with "Delay Station 3 and This is Waiting" which you only changed today because people didnt agree with your unfounded opinions on firmware flashing.

Where did i say you couldnt voice your opinions, everything is fine in the Sony section till people like you and PiracyX post your "opinions", we arent the ones with "Delay Station 3 and This is Waiting" which you only changed today because people didnt agree with your unfounded opinions on firmware flashing.

Whatever I have in my sig is up to me, It's not breaking any rules.

Unfounded? Did I not just tell you I own a PS3 for almost a year and previously a Wii? I think I'm in far better position to say what is and isn't the case than yourself and others here.

You still don't get it, instead of taking my opinion on board and disagreeing, you hold onto it and have to cause dicussions like this. You are without a doubt the one who has a problem, not me.

Just because i only had my PS3 for a week doesnt mean your opinions are worth more than mine just because youve had it longer that just smacks of elitism, i dont have a problem with your opinions i have a problem with the way you put them across, case in point is your signature which you have conveniently replaced back to what it was, people were disagreeing with you so you thought it funny you put childish slogans in your signature to try and bait people into arguments.

I'm not dragging anything down. If I want to compare, I'll do it. I don't need your permission. They are both consoles and are both after the same audience, of course they are going to be compared. Especially when 80% or whatever of the games are on both. You and Popisdead are the ones who drag it down because you can't share the same opinions as me, not the other way round.

I'm dragging nothing down to any level. I simply respond to the constant stream of negative posts (from you and a couple of others) in what normally starts out as a informative or positive thread.

As for the consoles fighting for the same audience, yes and no I suppose. Both console can, do and will live happily along side each other so the constant need to compare isn't really needed. Different consoles do different things - none are right, none are wrong.

Just because i only had my PS3 for a week doesnt mean your opinions are worth more than mine just because youve had it longer that just smacks of elitism, i dont have a problem with your opinions i have a problem with the way you put them across, case in point is your signature which you have conveniently replaced back to what it was, people were disagreeing with you so you thought it funny you put childish slogans in your signature to try and bait people into arguments.

In terms of experience of course it makes it worth more. I've seen the console develop hands on since last July upto now and can give very detailed reviews on features, pros and cons. Can the same be said for one week? Hardly, reading about something is quite different than going through delays for "x" game or a title not living up to the promises or broken features ahnds on. Maybe if you had spent the money at launch or sometime during 2007 you'd see it the same way. At least AudioBoxer can see that, but the gy has a lot of hope for the PS3 and that one day it will all come together and props to him. I hope the same happens, I spend a considerable amount on the console and it sure as hell wasn't just to watch it fail.

Like I said, I'm not going to stop posting my opinions and I'm not breaking rules when I do. If you don't like the way I put them across, again that is your problem and you know where the ignore button is (Y)

I'm dragging nothing down to any level. I simply respond to the constant stream of negative posts (from you and a couple of others) in what normally starts out as a informative or positive thread.

As for the consoles fighting for the same audience, yes and no I suppose. Both console can, do and will live happily along side each other so the constant need to compare isn't really needed. Different consoles do different things - none are right, none are wrong.

You don't drag things down? Ha, that's a laugh. I'm not the only one who sees it dude, believe me. Sethos and Audio are just two who have already commented on you today. I can post both negative and positive comments when I like, and compared to others around here I give my own reasoning and experience to back it up. The world isn't always a nice place and neither is the news posted on Neowin. If people see a negative side to something they have every right to voice it. The sooner you learn that the better.

Edited by DrunknMunky