[Tennis] Wimbledon 2008

Well tbh that was one of the boring semi finals ever.... something bad happened in Wimbledon this year with so many men and women top players out in early stages.

And Safin finds a day to totally go mental, even tho he always take it light hearted... lol anyone seen the challenges where he went to sit and rest a bit.. or the one earlier where he winked and Federer laughed because the ball was so obviosuly in.

Edited by Beastage

Yeah I wanted Safin to play a bit better its going to be good Nadal vs Federer but I just hope it isn't a Nadal win because I will be so very angry!

I just looked at the BBC Sport site and saw this, not bad lets hope its a start of a trend.

Pretty obvious womans final today Venus was favourite I think from day 1 to be honest.

Yeah I wanted Safin to play a bit better its going to be good Nadal vs Federer but I just hope it isn't a Nadal win because I will be so very angry!

No we want Nadal to win. He is overall a much better tennis player than Federer hence why Nadal has beaten him more times on head to head.

Nadal is a much better overall tennis player?! Why exactly would you say that... just because Nadal has won more of their head to head's doesn't imply that. Most of their matches have been on clay, where I agree Nadal is better. But there is grass and hard court, where Federer is better.

3 surfaces in tennis, Federer is better on two of them. Ergo, in my books he is the better overall player.

Anyway, I'd like to see some new records set. I'm sure there will come a day when Nadal will be #1 but I'm hoping not before Federer gets some nice records set.

Yeah I agree Federer has like 12 grand slams which is something Nadal doesn't have, all he's ever excelled on is Clay.

Nadal is a much better overall tennis player?! Why exactly would you say that... just because Nadal has won more of their head to head's doesn't imply that. Most of their matches have been on clay, where I agree Nadal is better. But there is grass and hard court, where Federer is better.

3 surfaces in tennis, Federer is better on two of them. Ergo, in my books he is the better overall player.

Anyway, I'd like to see some new records set. I'm sure there will come a day when Nadal will be #1 but I'm hoping not before Federer gets some nice records set.

I disagree. It will be long before Federer loses his #1 place. When he does lose it, it may not even be Nadal who takes over. What about Djokovic or someone else?

I agree though that Federer is a overall better player!

Nadal is taking this, its a mental thing with Federer he knows deep down that Nadal has an answer for everything he throws at him, maybe Federer needs to take time out to re-evaluate his game, Nadal maybe be amazing he's got a long way to go until he can be called the best imo.

This has to be one of the best matches in recent history. Not since the Borg has tennis been this intense.

Federer is such an elegant player, he deserves this win. He shows that you don't just need power to be a great player. Nadal is like the Williams sisters in having more power than technique. His technique has improved a lot since last year, though.

until rain comes again and spoils everything of course

I would rather have a rain delay than people collapsing from heat at the Aussie open.

I always thought they had a roof on centre court, so lets use it!

it's not raining here at the moment (10mins walk from the tennis) but who knows how long it'll hold out....

They're in the process of adding one, it's not complete yet.

Would prefer Nadal as it'd make a nice change, but I don't really mind if Federer wins. Both are playing phenomenally and both deserve to win, IMO.

I would rather have a rain delay than people collapsing from heat at the Aussie open.

:p I remember hearing they were thinking about moving the Aus Open to a couple moths later around March instead of in the peak of the Australian summer late January

I saw a small segment on a new one they'll have online for next year that looked kinda cool. So this will be the last year of shithouse English weather ruining it :p

Would prefer Nadal as it'd make a nice change, but I don't really mind if Federer wins. Both are playing phenomenally and both deserve to win, IMO.

Ive found my heart pulling me for Federer. Like someone else said wouldnt mind him putting down a few long lasting records but would be more than happy for Nadal to do it.

anyway we're going again now so good watching.

Wow. Never ever have I felt more involved in a tennis match, infact any sport. Hats off to both players best match I have ever seen.

It was a great game. It seemed like Federer was getting tired, and the darkness made it very hard to see the ball. Very difficult conditions, so both players deserve immense respect for producing such an amazing game.

Well done to Nadal - he's wanted it for a long time. Federer has proven to those that wrote him off early that he's still got it in him to take the game down to the wire. It was a very even game.