"All Programs" menu missing...

I am cleaning up a major-league messed up Windows MCE system (not mine). I have everything fixed with the exception of the "All Programs" option from the Start button. It's not that the menu is wrong. The "All Programs" isn't even there.

If I revert back to Classic menus, everything is there and the "Programs" at the top of the Menu (Win2K style) works fine. I've tried finding a setting in TweakUI, but no luck there. This isn't a Shell entry error since I can't even see the "All Programs" menu.

I've been looking for a fix, but all I run across are messed up programs that would come from the All Programs menu.

Any help would be appreciated. And I could also use help with restoring the "Restart" button from the menu, too :)

Open RegEdit and goto the following keys:

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

Set "NoStartMenuMorePrograms" to "0"

OK...I don't know what happened. I restarted and Puggsley fix didn't work. I found another article that said set the DWORD to 1. I tried that and rebooted. That didn't work.

Just for the hell of it, I set it back to 0, ran gpupdate and it now is back. Thanks for the help.

this might help

You can download the default Start menu shortcuts from this site below and copy them back to your the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/255/...-shortcuts.html

or xp

http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=28952

You woudl want to make sure c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs exists.