Are You Afraid To Die?

407 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Afraid To Die?

• Yes
    • No

Honestly, it's not that I'm afraid to die, but how I die.

I don't want to get shot/stabbed/fall from a huge tower. Scares me.

I don't have that comfort zone called religion, therefore the thought of ceasing to exist not knowing what happens after scares the hell out of me.

I really don't care much about myself, but I am afraid of leaving my 2-year-old daughter behind too soon. I hope it doesn't happen at least until she's grown up and I don't have to worry about her mother ****ing her up without me there.

Of course I'm afraid, I like being alive and I don't believe in an afterlife.

I used to be indifferent when I was younger, but now I've experienced some of the good things I'd rather stick around and make the most of it.

I'm not scared to die, I just don't want to lol. There are 2 ways I am scared to die though... Burning and drowning!

I'm not "scared" of dying. Not at all. I know that when the time comes, I will enter into everylasting life

in heaven. :yes:

Of course I'm afraid, I like being alive and I don't believe in an afterlife.

I used to be indifferent when I was younger, but now I've experienced some of the good things I'd rather stick around and make the most of it.

+1

i do believe in an aftrerlife but it still freaks me out

i'll die and no one will remember me after 10 years or something and my body will rot in my tomb. also i don't really know what will happen to me after death which is a scary though by itself. its stupid to be afraid of something that is inevitable, but well i am. though, that doesn't mean that i wouldn't sacrifice my life for a person i love.

As long as I don't die painfully, I'm not afraid.

Death is something everyone has to go through, young or old. When it's my time, it's my time I guess...

As long as I don't get ripped apart by angry beavers, or shot up in the ghetto, I'm good.

I'm not having a go at religion here but I find it interesting that the Christians are sure they're going to heaven.

Lets assume all this religion stuff is right and you've picked the right one. How are you so sure you are going to heaven? I'm sure there are loads of rules about things you should and shouldn't do. How do you know you're on the right side of the line? What happens if St Peter says no way?

Personally I'm not bothered about dying. As long as it's not slow, painful and a burden for those I love.

2 Timothy 1:10-11 -
but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior
Jesus Christ, who has deprived death of its power and brought life
and incorruptibility to light through the gospel, to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

God's word tells me that I have nothing to fear, and that's good enough for me!

I'm not afraid to die.

Once your brain dies, that's it, you aren't going to be floating around going "I'm dead", you won't exist any more.

Maybe some people can't comprehend non-existence, I don't know.

I'm not afraid of not existing. I'm afraid of not being able to do the things I dreamt of doing since childhood and making loved ones upset if Death knocks on my door prematurely.

Im not afraid about dying, Im afraid of old age and senility, to lost my intellectual ability to continue my projects.

I'm not afraid to die.

Once your brain dies, that's it, you aren't going to be floating around going "I'm dead", you won't exist any more.

Well that is what I believe, I just figure we are like every other thing on this earth, once you die that is it. You aren't going to be around to think "I hope my family isn't sad about this."

And I wouldn't be scared of the process of dying as long as I don't drown, suffocate, that has always been my fear lol. But then again, if every other person on this earth has to die then I figure I can deal with it.

Even though I am not religious or believe in "supernatural experiences" such as near death experiences. You have never heard of a person that has had a near death experience say, "There is a hell and people are burning and screaming everywhere, it's the worst thing you can imagine." :wacko:

Exactly. I am one of those people.

My thing has always been If you no longer exist, how do you know you no longer exist if you no longer exist?

So I indeed cannot comprehend it, as I believe it is incomprehensible, as you can only comprehend something you have the potential of possibly experiencing yourself, and if you cannot experience the experience, one can argue the experience never happened. LOL

So yeah, 33 years old and I am afraid to die.

I should say I do not believe in heaven, nor hell.

I do believe we are energy, and either that energy goes somewhere, or the switch gets turned off.

Again though, if it gets turned off, how do I know it is turned off if I cannot know it is turned off?

Meh, I really do not like thinking about this, not really for me at the moment, but for my loved ones like my parents, whom if the life cycle stays unaltered, will be going before me.

With death the unknown ends... the way this world is going getting really old just sounds terrifying

What if Jeb Bush runs for Prez??? :alien: (insert twilightzone music here)