Are You Afraid To Die?

407 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Afraid To Die?

• Yes
    • No

I was for awhile but a near death experience has change my outlook. I don't fear it anymore, when it comes it will come :) Its not the beginning and its not the end.

It doesn't bother me either way, it's part of the natural cycle and I'm not so enamoured of life that I'll be trying my utmost to keep going... I can't stop my death happening, but I'm not going to be stupid with my life and run around in the middle of the road or anything.

I'm almost like Marla Singer in Fight Club about it, I could die at any point, whilst doing anything so why be concerned about it.

I'm not scared to die, I just don't want to lol. There are 2 ways I am scared to die though... Burning and drowning!

i totally agree man .. i want it quick, no pain ... and i am fine, besides ... who can prove that one is alive?

For those of you who can't comprehend the experience of being dead, just think back to what it was like for you before you were born.

Oooo good one indeed, never thought of it like that.

For those of you who can't comprehend the experience of being dead, just think back to what it was like for you before you were born.

How far back? Like "dinosaurs and Jesus" far back or just "black and white TV" far back?

;)

3 comas have stopped my fear of dying (its the truth). So no i am not afraid to die.

3 x-wives have stopped my fear of dying (its the truth). I'm actually looking forward to it. What scares me is en eternity existing *somewhere*, and having to listen to their whining! Now THAT'S scary...

lol, how was it like for you? For me it was...uneventful.

Exactly. I am one of those people.

My thing has always been If you no longer exist, how do you know you no longer exist if you no longer exist?

Think of yourself as a computer. What happens if you press the button "Shutdown"? The computer slowly turns off. Same thing happens with your body. Your brain ceases to process anything and your cells stop and just die. You basically cannot do any abstract thinking. Your "soul" is just a manifest of the material brain therefore it disappears completely since there are no interactions happening in your brain.

I'm not afraid to die, some days I've even tried to speed up the whole process.

Cheer up, there are a lot of things out there that will restore your faith in your own humanity. Travel the world or something.

Nope, not afraid at all. If it's my time to go, well then it's time to go. I've done a lot of cool things, seen a lot of cool things, been to a lot of cool places, so I'd be ok with it. There are a lot of things I haven't done that I really want to, but I've had a fairly exciting and fulfilling life so far. :)

Cheer up, there are a lot of things out there that will restore your faith in your own humanity. Travel the world or something.

Oh, believe me, I've found the more I know, the more depressed I become.

I'm not afraid to die because of my faith (Christian), in fact it's quite a comforting though, but I certainly wouldn't like it to be a violent death nonetheless.

jafoman, sorry to hear you lost your father recently. I'm sure that's quite tough.

Thanks... It was very tough. It sucks because he died much younger than his parents. Stop smoking people... :(

I don't have that comfort zone called religion, therefore the thought of ceasing to exist not knowing what happens after scares the hell out of me.

uhh...isn't burning and suffering (or even worse, forced praising a dictator) for the rest of eternity more scary than mere non-existence???

No its something we can't avoid so when the time comes then so long,good bye.

uhh...isn't burning and suffering (or even worse, forced praising a dictator) for the rest of eternity more scary than mere non-existence???

Well at that point at lease I know whats going on lol.

I agree with most people here (from my quick skimming). I am not afraid of dying; it is inevitable. I more concerned about the degree of pain I have to go through before actually dying. I would much prefer a peaceful, age-related death rather than a long, arduous torture prior to death.

At times, non-existence seems more attractive than existence.

I agree with most people here (from my quick skimming). I am not afraid of dying; it is inevitable. I more concerned about the degree of pain I have to go through before actually dying. I would much prefer a peaceful, age-related death rather than a long, arduous torture prior to death.

At times, non-existence seems more attractive than existence.

I concur although I'm curious to know how it'll happen or when so I could prepare for it.