PS3 Update 2.4 Out Now! - Tutorial videos Inside

Trophies have to be unlocked from playing through again :(

That really does suck tbh. Surely it's not too much effort to look at the % level of your games and see which trophies you'd have unlocked up to where you are in X game.

Especially when Sony just said the other day saved games will now be locked to your account? So it's not like people can swap them anymore..

That really does suck tbh. Surely it's not too much effort to look at the % level of your games and see which trophies you'd have unlocked up to where you are in X game.

Especially when Sony just said the other day saved games will now be locked to your account? So it's not like people can swap them anymore..

That was false if you mean the topic I posted about Edge. It was a complete lie made up by a member on NeoGAF, that videogaming747 decided to turn into a news piece on their website.

We have no idea if save games will continue to work after 2.4. I would suspect so, it seems like trophies might be attached to your PSN account and not the save game files.

Nice sig. :rolleyes:

That was false if you mean the topic I posted about Edge. It was a complete lie made up by a member on NeoGAF, that videogaming747 decided to turn into a news piece of their website.

We have no idea if save games will continue to work after 2.4. I would suspect so, it seems like trophies might be attached to your PSN account and not the save game files.

Aw really? :( I hope they find a way, even if it doesn't come with 2.4 on Weds

Aw really? :( I hope they find a way, even if it doesn't come with 2.4 on Weds

Hope they find a way to what? :blink:

Nothing has changed with save games and we have no indication anything IS changing. What I posted the other day was false.

As of right now, save games can still be swapped and nothing indicates that changing.

I meant I hope they allow a way somehow to unlock trophies without replaying games over.

Nah it's in the official press release.

To unlock existing trophies you need to replay through.

If you cba doing that, then just wait on new games, or play through the PSN titles.

Yeah PSN games aren't so bad because they are short in length, but something like MGS4 or GTA4 it's just way too long to replay.

Oh well, might just need to use save games from online to unlock the ones I've completed so far.

The whole trophies not being unlocked is pretty ass, someone like me has time to play a game once usually and one time only.

Oh well, I have never really been to concerned with the whole idea of Achievements anyway, I just play games and if I get them I get them, but that is my point, I already played some games eligible for trophies.

Yeah PSN games aren't so bad because they are short in length, but something like MGS4 or GTA4 it's just way too long to replay.

Oh well, might just need to use save games from online to unlock the ones I've completed so far.

I already said I seriously doubt that is going to work :blink:

Your trophies will probably be tied to your PSN account and only unlock when you actually play and get them. Not when you load up a save game file.

Save game files might even be stamped with your PS3 hardware ID or something.

Either way, I doubt Sony are going to let people load save games and get trophies, just like MS don't allow it. It is effectively cheating.

I don't see the fascination with the XMB or the trophies. :hmmm:

Ok the trophies if you don't have an interest in them, but not in-game XMB either?

Do you prefer a console that you have to quit out of a game every time you get/want to send a message :blink:

That's just a pain in the ass.

I don't see the fascination with the XMB or the trophies. :hmmm:

Trophies, I couldn't really care about. XMB ingame, with custom music support etc etc was needed.

It gives something else to work for. Also, recognition and inter-friend competition.

Wouldn't the save issue be solved by tying trophies to profiles? If they aren't dependant on save files and are a part of the profile's data then you can't send them about.

Ok the trophies if you don't have an interest in them, but not in-game XMB either?

Do you prefer a console that you have to quit out of a game every time you get/want to send a message :blink:

That's just a pain in the ass.

Yes, the Playstation 3 holds that feat and it's nearly two years old :rolleyes:

The whole trophies system is merely tacked on aswell. Most developers have to patch it previous games or won't at all. Just because a few games are confirmed to have trophies patched into the game doesn't mean all games will.

Obviously it is nice that the features have arrived in someway, but what i want Sony to do before the release of PS4 is finalised the whole system/services structure first and formost and then release the console.

I mean custom soundtracks have been supported for 7 years now on Xbox. So as the say goes time and time again in the past few years, Sony you're late!

New games will of course have them, I don't see why developers of new games wouldn't include them. Old games maybe not, but the main games like MGS, GTA, etc will of course have updates to include them. I'm guessing most old 1st party titles will get them.

The whole trophies not being unlocked is pretty ass, someone like me has time to play a game once usually and one time only.

Oh well, I have never really been to concerned with the whole idea of Achievements anyway, I just play games and if I get them I get them, but that is my point, I already played some games eligible for trophies.

QFT, once I finish a game I usually spend all my time playing it online or another game comes out and takes my attention away from it.

So you don't get trophies for older games? So what? If you desperately want them, play the game again. If you don't, don't.

It's really not the end of the world, and I'm sure most people will see the trophies as they do achievement points, a waste of time.

Jesus, PiracyX. Stop ****ing moaning. Would you bitch this much if a new feature came out on the 360?

Glad somebody else has noticed it! It really is getting quite tiresome now.

Yes, the Playstation 3 holds that feat and it's nearly two years old :rolleyes:

The whole trophies system is merely tacked on aswell. Most developers have to patch it previous games or won't at all. Just because a few games are confirmed to have trophies patched into the game doesn't mean all games will.

Obviously it is nice that the features have arrived in someway, but what i want Sony to do before the release of PS4 is finalised the whole system/services structure first and formost and then release the console.

I mean custom soundtracks have been supported for 7 years now on Xbox. So as the say goes time and time again in the past few years, Sony you're late!

:laugh:

Thanks.

So you don't get trophies for older games? So what? If you desperately want them, play the game again. If you don't, don't.

It's really not the end of the world, and I'm sure most people will see the trophies as they do achievement points, a waste of time.

Just having my say :yes: I'm glad we have trophies on the PS3, because I really enjoy achievements in some games on the 360. The one that always stands out is Crackdown which is a lot of fun to collect them in. So for future games it'll be great in circumstances like that (Y)

If you are a casual gamer that doesn't have much time surely you aren't someone that should be caring about trophies in the first place? And if you have games that you don't want to play again then the associated achievements shouldn't be something to worry about anyway as you by the sound of things don't even like the game.

Just having my say :yes: I'm glad we have trophies on the PS3, because I really enjoy achievements in some games on the 360. The one that always stands out is Crackdown which is a lot of fun to collect them in. So for future games it'll be great in circumstances like that (Y)

I know, so was I. It really does appear that no matter what Sony offer, certain people won't be happy.

Trophies are not the be all and end all of gaming, they are just something that games from now on will support if you are interested in that sort of thing. Most of the older games will more than likely be patched, and if you are a trophy ###### you will replay those games.

This is great news for PS3, yet the same people can do nothing but spin a negative slant on it all (I don't particularly mean you, even with that sig)

People need to remember, the PS3 is not the 360. Everything the 360 does, the PS3 does not need to follow, but when they do (due to customers requesting it) they are accused of copying. Cant bloody win!