• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kralik    3
You are over rating...Don't care what anyone says...Torres, Gerrard and Reina are the only above average players at liverpool. The rest would not make first team at any big club.

Jamie Carragher aint bad either!! and how can anyone say Xabi Alonso is not a top class player? :o however he is a Juve player now.. Liverpool can win it if Rafa decides on his first team and sticks with it! I think top 4 will hold their UCL positons at the end of the season.. any one can win the league.. I cant understand how u can count Liverpool out.. their defence is maybe the best of all the top 4 teams.. they have the best striker in Torres.. they should get one extra-ordinary midfield player with Xabi going Gerrard will have to take most of the responsibility so just someone to help him out and hold the lines.. oh they already have Mascherano.. what do you know.. its a complete team.. Penant and Babel are FAST at wings! and Torrres can run circles aroud any defence and score and most defenders can just watch him! I agree abt Mascherano with Marty.. this 'Liverpool cant win' talk is rubbish frankly!! If there is any other team I am happy to see winning bessides Arsenal its Liverpool.. so im a semi Liverpool fan too I guess... but Arsenal it the best!!! and no one plays football more beautiful than Arsenal!!! :p

George Bush    0

Liverpool must offload Hypia ASAP if they want to be succesful. The guy is a disaster. Torres, Mascherano, agger, Reina, Babel, Pennant, Gerrard are all top class players no mater what you say. Perhaps you guys can offload Voronin and Kuyt. Kuyt is extremely overrated.

Also you guys could have hang on to Kewell, cause his injuries are gone and he will prove to be a great asset to Galatasaray...

Sign Tuncay Sanli from Boro.

Kralik    3
Liverpool must offload Hypia ASAP if they want to be succesful. The guy is a disaster. Torres, Mascherano, agger, Reina, Babel, Pennant, Gerrard are all top class players no mater what you say. Perhaps you guys can offload Voronin and Kuyt. Kuyt is extremely overrated.

Also you guys could have hang on to Kewell, cause his injuries are gone and he will prove to be a great asset to Galatasaray...

Yeah! Kuyt is overrated and I think they already sold Voronin

tom01    2
how can anyone say Xabi Alonso is not a top class player?

their defence is maybe the best of all the top 4 teams..

Torrres can run circles aroud any defence and score and most defenders can just watch him!

but Arsenal it the best!!

and no one plays football more beautiful than Arsenal!!! :p

1, Was not the same after the ankle injury was it?

2, They do not have the best defence LOL...How can you compare the likes of Hyppia and Carragher to the Vidic, Toure, Terry and so on... Sorry but after the show Theo Walcott put on even though it was tired legs... Come on.. It wouldn't of happend to Man UTD or Chelski.

3, Robin Van Persie, at full fitness can do the same as with Ronaldo.

4, True.

5, Damn right :p

Martyn    5
Jamie Carragher aint bad either!! and how can anyone say Xabi Alonso is not a top class player? :o however he is a Juve player now.. Liverpool can win it if Rafa decides on his first team and sticks with it! I think top 4 will hold their UCL positons at the end of the season.. any one can win the league.. I cant understand how u can count Liverpool out.. their defence is maybe the best of all the top 4 teams.. they have the best striker in Torres.. they should get one extra-ordinary midfield player with Xabi going Gerrard will have to take most of the responsibility so just someone to help him out and hold the lines.. oh they already have Mascherano.. what do you know.. its a complete team.. Penant and Babel are FAST at wings! and Torrres can run circles aroud any defence and score and most defenders can just watch him! I agree abt Mascherano with Marty.. this 'Liverpool cant win' talk is rubbish frankly!! If there is any other team I am happy to see winning bessides Arsenal its Liverpool.. so im a semi Liverpool fan too I guess... but Arsenal it the best!!! and no one plays football more beautiful than Arsenal!!! :p

I think it is just largely a question of the team coming together on the pitch and producing the results. We have the individuals required largely (although, not as much quality in squad depth), but we need the luck, guile and experience to win the title now.

Never watched many Liverpool games last season then? Hyypia was immense all season. Even though he is older than he used to be and his legs are not as fresh and pacy, his experience pays dividends. Hyypia, Carra, Skrtel and Agger will be great next season, last season we only really had Hyypia and Carra for the first six months.

Voronin came on a free, and is a "good" reserve striker. He is a terrible player for a top class club though, and I would much rather we blooded Nemeth than perservere with Voronin.

I have defended Kuyt many times before on Neowin, and I cannot be bothered doing so a game. Just put it this way, Kuyt offers a lot to Liverpool and you always need one player of his type in a successful team.

Kewell has cost Liverpool around ?200,000 per game, and considering he has been at Liverpool for five years now that should say it all really.

rajputwarrior    280
Not really. There are only a few Liverpool fans on here; myself, Sharpy and our lovely American hockey fan friend who we have not see around for a while! To be honest, there are way more Arsenal fans on this forum.

if you are talking about me... i am canadian.. go reds!!!! please rafa prove me wrong, i want you to sooooooo badly. I want to win the EPL more the anything this year... forget the champions league.

Edited by rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior    280
You are over rating...Don't care what anyone says...Torres, Gerrard and Reina are the only above average players at liverpool. The rest would not make first team at any big club.

you are not an educated person, you can argue that gerrard is the best midfeielder in the world and torress is the best upcoming striker in the world. Reina is under rated but he is still a great goalie.

Yeah! Kuyt is overrated and I think they already sold Voronin

kuyt is a machine, he played well all year and played awesome for the dutch at the euros. he is just a work horse, he runs and basically starts off every play for liverpool.

now only if they played crouch more, but to late for that :( :( :(

tom01    2
you are not an educated person, you can argue that gerrard is the best midfeielder in the world and torress is the best upcoming striker in the world. Reina is under rated but he is still a great goalie.

I'm not educated? This is the gimp who can't spell midfielder... F#ck me and to be in the top ten midfielders you have to be good at a club level and international level...Gerrard is not.

So, STFU and put that Babysham before you get paraletic .

Kralik    3
kuyt is a machine, he played well all year and played awesome for the dutch at the euros. he is just a work horse, he runs and basically starts off every play for liverpool.

Last time I checked in football it was goals and assists what makes a striker great, mate.. doesnt matter if he runs to his home in Holland and back.. if he cant score... he is and will remain an average striker.. So what did he do for the Dutch? one goal? They should've started van Persie with van Nistelrooy to score goals.. if he is so good at starting the moves.. they should try him in midfield..

rajputwarrior    280
I'm not educated? This is the gimp who can't spell midfielder... F#ck me and to be in the top ten midfielders you have to be good at a club level and international level...Gerrard is not.

So, STFU and put that Babysham before you get paraletic .

about that paralytic**... funny mine was a typo you actually thought that's how you spell paralytic...

he has been the skipper at liverpool for god knows how long, he is always there when they need him. Always scores the big goals, has played well for england, and would play even better if lampard wasn't always in his way. He can take complete control of a game when he feels like it, has one hell of a shot.

Last time I checked in football it was goals and assists what makes a striker great, mate.. doesnt matter if he runs to his home in Holland and back.. if he cant score... he is and will remain an average striker.. So what did he do for the Dutch? one goal? They should've started van Persie with van Nistelrooy to score goals..

for holland he may play striker, but for liverpool is plays more of a supporter role then an actual goal scorer. Also if you watched the dutch games, he set up at least 2 or 3 of the big goals. Remember scneiders blast, guess where he got the pass from? Strikers can do more then just score goals, he always plays staggered back from the striker...

Kralik    3

Soo

about that paralytic**... funny mine was a typo you actually thought that's how you spell paralytic...

he has been the skipper at liverpool for god knows how long, he is always there when they need him. Always scores the big goals, has played well for england, and would play even better if lampard wasn't always in his way. He can take complete control of a game when he feels like it, has one hell of a shot.

for holland he may play striker, but for liverpool is plays more of a supporter role then an actual goal scorer. Also if you watched the dutch games, he set up at least 2 or 3 of the big goals. Remember scneiders blast, guess where he got the pass from? Strikers can do more then just score goals, he always plays staggered back from the striker...

So what you are saying is.. he is a better playmaker compared to a goal scorer.. my point exactly :) try him in the midfield.. oh and I said "goals and ASSISTS".. but you should be able to score and if you cant.. then be selfless enf to pass the ball to whoever can.. thats what all great strikers do.. its funny frankly.. he is a striker but he does not play to score :blink:

Edited by Kralik

Dev Null Zen    1
3, Robin Van Persie, at full fitness can do the same as with Ronaldo.

Sorry, but RVP is not in the same category as Torres, and surely not as Ronaldo. RVP just does not have the mental game to be a top class player, and he has shown it at Arsenal and for the Dutch.

L3thal    2

I don't know about RvP being in the same category as Ronaldo when he is in full fitness. That is pushing it quite a bit there.

tom01    2
Sorry, but RVP is not in the same category as Torres, and surely not as Ronaldo. RVP just does not have the mental game to be a top class player, and he has shown it at Arsenal and for the Dutch.

Maybe mate but to be fair Torres is still far far away from the Thierry Henry in his prime. Robin Van Persie is fantastic though...Start of the season it was like 8 goals in 8 games...Then he got injured :rolleyes:

We will have to see, hopefully he will pull off a full season and show you wrong :laugh: This season coming though I'm not really botherd about seeing the Torres's and Ronaldo's play..I want to see the Walcott's, Babel's, Dos Santos and without a doubt Eduardo.

HilariousNinja    6

I can't see our United not doing it again, because our squad is really progressing. Even though I'm a United fan, I'd rather see Arsenal win the title, if they could grow some b*lls. Domination would be nice, but I'd rather have entertainment, and United have another great chance to retain their CL title.

Relegation? Well, I can see Stoke and Hull going straight back down, followed by Bolton or Fulham or Wigan. The Brummies are a very decent side and have been in and out of the Premier every other year or so, they should maintain their status this year round.

As for top goal scorer, well it would have to depend on the transfer market. With the Ronaldo situation, we don't know if he'll be playing in the League next year and many other candidates such as the Drog, Adebayor, Lampard and just maybe Torres might move to different clubs. Certainly the Chelsea clear-out will have an impact.

And one final thought, Benjani!!! Sorry, but there are millions of better votes for top scorer next year than him. I know hes a decent player and had one fine year, but its like when Andy Johnson got top goal scorer a couple of years back. And surely players like Tevez and Yakubu have a better chance than him. And sorry about the mini-rant, I hate city! :laugh:

Crazysah    7

United won't do it. Liverpool won't be in the top 4. Chelsea will be out of contention for the title by December. Some will become the next Derby.

All of this seems far-fetched right?

Kralik    3
United won't do it. Liverpool won't be in the top 4. Chelsea will be out of contention for the title by December. Some will become the next Derby.

All of this seems far-fetched right?

Far fetched but not impossible! Thats why we love football.. anything can happen!

rajputwarrior    280
Far fetched but not impossible! Thats why we love football.. anything can happen!

except for that... the big four will always be the top four or damn close to it.

Martyn    5

I think with the money in the sport these days the top four will remain the top four for a while. Not just because of the volume of the money, but the ratio of money shared out between the top and lower teams, because of this the gap will only widen.

Dev Null Zen    1

I think if Spurs keep hold of Berbatov, they have a really good chance to bust into the top 4 under Ramos. I think it could be between Spurs, Everton and 'Pool for the #4 spot this year.

Crazysah    7
except for that... the big four will always be the top four or damn close to it.

I dis-agree. I don't think the top 4 will be the top 4 for too long anymore. It won't be soon before another team joins in the top 4 and one drops out.

Anyways... do any of you people want any changes in the poll options?

Martyn    5

It is "Wayne Rooney" and not "Rooney". Maybe that is being picky, but you have put the first names for all the other players!

Maybe swap Benjani for Jo as well? Michael Owen should bang in a few this year seeing as he is injury free.

FaRSightxc2    1

I know there are a lot of Liverpool fans on this board, but I am surprised so many votes for them. They don't have the grit to win the PL next season, particularly defensively. They are a great cup side, and def top 4 contenders and have some great players: Torres, Gerrard and a very capable Reina. However, I just can't see them beating the strength and depth of the likes of UTD and Chelsea over the whole season. I feel the same about Ar5sna1.

For me, assuming Ronaldo stays, its got to be UTD. (If he leaves, however, it really does throw the title race right open).

Yes, I did vote for Tottenham btw :blush:

Crazysah    7

First of all, Man Utd are just not going to win it this year with Ronaldo or without him. And yes... I might swap Benjani for Jo too... I will change Rooney to Wayne Rooney... anything else?

FaRSightxc2    1

Also reckon Villa are in with just as bigger shout at Everton/Pompy/City