Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

Man Utd looked pretty poor plus they really need a striker (Berbatov deal is done so I was reading earlier from my super secret sources...ok the bookmakers down the road has closed bets).

Soooo... what an opening day so far :p

Arsenal won and Spurs lost!! :D Doesn't get much better than that for a Gooner ;)

<snip>

Bah.

Man Utd looked pretty poor plus they really need a striker (Berbatov deal is done so I was reading earlier from my super secret sources...ok the bookmakers down the road has closed bets).

Double bah.

kinda off topic, but i can't beleive that cry baby is the captain for england. It should be Stevie G.

I beg to differ I think it should be Rio but everyone will have other choices :p

either way it shouldn't be baby terry

Rio is over-rated like almost all Man U players plus he's not the captain at his club..

Terry is a better choice, he is a better defensive player and a better captain.. you would cry too if u missed the final kick in the most important match of your life

Gerrard would be the best man for the job.. he is a winner.. he has a presence on the field plus he leads from the front and gives his all everytime..

Edited by Kralik

hey martyn did you catch the brazil vs argentina olympics game? what did you think of Lucas taking out Mascherano? and then Macherano got killed again by another (forget who)

Brazil got robbed of a goal as well as Argentina getting really lucky on their 1st goal :-P. I have to agree with the American announcers on how the new Brazil doesn't have the same type of play style as they did in the last decade.

I don't know why Capello picked JT as the new England captain, the guy is a bottler. Although, I am glad Stevie never got it, he can now concentrate on Liverpool.

hey martyn did you catch the brazil vs argentina olympics game? what did you think of Lucas taking out Mascherano? and then Macherano got killed again by another (forget who)

Yeah I watched it. The first half was a bit boring I thought, but the second half was a lot more entertaining.

The red card was a bit harsh I thought (same with the other one), but foreign referee's are more strict than English refs, and it was a tackle from behind...

I put a bet on for Argentina to win the tournament before it started, so things are looking good!

Harry Redknapp: "We have one of the finest midfielders in Steven Gerrard, he plays for Liverpool and he is like Roy of the Rovers. He shoots, he scores, he tackles. He is not a left midfielder. It is unbelievable. He has to be in the centre. We are killing Gerrard."

:o

Ars?ne Wenger has revealed he was left with just one outfield player in training this week as everyone else was on national duty.

With most of his squad playing friendlies in far-flung places, the manager had only keeper Manuel Almunia and Denilson to work with.

For Wenger, that places a big question mark on the logic of having internationals so early on in the campaign.

"It's a concern because it's not the best position to be in at the start of the season," said the Frenchman at Thursday's press conference.

"You know how many outfield players we had at the start of the week? One. Denilson.

"Robin van Persie played last night in Moscow. Carlos Vela played in Mexico. I will not see him before Friday.

"When you play in the intensity of the games we play, it's not ideal."

his eyesight must really be going :p

i do agree it's too early in the season to have them, and especially without a break, usually they take a week out of the PL to play them which imo is better

Oh dear Arsenal!

hahaha, oh wow arsenal. CHOKE

You see what happened, Liverpool show up when it counts, in the last six minutes. Liverpool's own Jamie Carragher and the man who should be england skipper shows why he should be the skipper. Good job reds!!!

edit: they seriously need to pin this...

Liverpool will fail midway through the season

Arsenal will flop

Spurs will always be over rated

Man Utd will win

Cheatski could also win

Man City go bust

Blackburn to prehaps struggle

Hull for the drop

Newcastle, need I say more?

Aston Villa to spend a little more for mid table

Everton spend even more

Bolton boring

Middlesbrough, big nose might get sacked or be in that pack about the zone

Sunderland, roy keane says something, wants more money, goes on about respect, should be shot

Stoke, hull?

Wigan another slighty boring team?

West brom a bit boring but not as boring as the rest

Portsmouth, we'll probably struggle to finish better than last season