[NHL]Free Agent Frenzy

You read my mind. Both have seen their good years pass.

Definitely, but they can still score around 70 points, which is valuable.

I'd rather have Demitra, not that I'm not a Naslund fan or anything.

But Naslund staying here would have been both detrimental to the team and to the player himself.

Demitra WANTED to be here, while Naslund on the other hand didn't really seem like it.

And especially when paired on the supposed line of Wellwood and Raymond I think they'll make a pretty good 2nd line.

I'm making the assumption that Sundin will NOT sign ;)

@ Fred Derf

IMO Toronto WON'T get anything done with their hockey team until they figure out what they're doing with management first.

props, you have demitra, too bad he has NO ONE to play with so it'll be next to useless. Not to mention that his stats are declining year after year. He played with gaborik last year and only put up decent numbers, what's he going to do in vancouver?

@ Fred Derf

IMO Toronto WON'T get anything done with their hockey team until they figure out what they're doing with management first.

More than that, I think they need to lose and get some draft pics.

If you take a look at their line up now, its a HELL of a lot better with Sundin in it.

They would actually have a 1A an 1B line.

I think Sundin would be a huge factor. This would be a deadly 1-2 punch for the Canucks. But I don't know if splitting up Raymond, Kesler and Burrows is a good idea considering they had some good chemistry at the end of the last season.

D. Sedin - Sundin - H. Sedin

Raymond - Kesler - Demitra

I agree, that would be a good top 2 lines, and we still have Burrows :D

We have a good defence, if they can stay healthy (Salo will be injured at some point this season ;)) haha

I think Sundin would be a huge factor. This would be a deadly 1-2 punch for the Canucks. But I don't know if splitting up Raymond, Kesler and Burrows is a good idea considering they had some good chemistry at the end of the last season.

D. Sedin - Sundin - H. Sedin

Raymond - Kesler - Demitra

you are going to take a sedin out of the center position? i would never put sundin on that line, stick demetra there adn see what happens

I think Bernier was brought in to play with the Sedin's anyway. So IMO it would look more like the following:

1A - Sedin Sedin Bernier

1B - Demitra Sundin Raymond (assuming we get Sundin)

OR

1B - Demitra Wellwood Raymond (assuming we don't get Sundin)

you are going to take a sedin out of the center position? i would never put sundin on that line, stick demetra there adn see what happens

Yeah, I think that'd be more likely.

• 2 weeks later...

Which team has had the best signing? I am bias, but I think Detroit signing Hossa was the best. They were scary enough without him, but with him?! :yes:

Hossa isn't much of a leader, he'll do well in Detroit though, he'll have so many good passers :|

Speaking of which Leafs have Joe Nieuwendyk as Assistant GM (I think that's what TSN said) behind Fletcher.

Sundin reportedly supposed to make a decision by August 1st. Excited about his annoucement (regardless of who he signs with) but at the same time I've become somewhat desensitized towards the whole situation.

Hossa isn't much of a leader, he'll do well in Detroit though, he'll have so many good passers :|

You're right, he doesn't need to lead since they have enough leaders already. He just needs to score baby! :jump: God...I am way too much of a homer! :pinch:

Edited by Schultzy

Circle your calenders because August 1st is the date Sundin will decide on his future! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he will be the new Captain of the Canucks! :D

Yeah me too, I heard that we may acquire Antoine Vermette as well, which is great news I really like him as a player.

Circle your calenders because August 1st is the date Sundin will decide on his future! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he will be the new Captain of the Canucks! :D

willie will be the captain... do you really wanna pull another mark messier?

willie will be the captain... do you really wanna pull another mark messier?

I agree, my vote would be Willie as well. He's an excellent leader as well as a great defencemen. :)