In the new game mode, are you supposed to be able to pick up the Australium after the other team has dropped it? Seemed glitched on this server and you could only pick it up from its spawning point.

In the new game mode, are you supposed to be able to pick up the Australium after the other team has dropped it? Seemed glitched on this server and you could only pick it up from its spawning point.

You can only pick it up at it's spawning point, unless it already belongs to your team.

If you look in the Advanced Settings you can enable Pyrovision for when you're spectating. I have to try this but it sounds like it should be a laugh. The Quick-Fix sounds pretty decent but the Tomislav really doesn't sound too good anymore in these nerfs. :/

Sigh... the Tomislav was one of the few good alternatives to a stock primary weapon in the game, but now it's as worthless as pretty much every other primary weapon alternative.

I've crafted all my burnt items down, and managed to get nothing of any real value from it. Baby Face's Blaster and the Pocket Pistol are very good, but for some reason the PP isn't giving me any increased health when I have it equipped (it should be 140 instead of 125). I'm a lot more effective with the Blaster than the stock Scattergun, even with its reduced damage. I have three Scorched Crates sitting and no keys so they'll probably be swapped away if anyone wants them. I seem to have a fair bit of luck with getting Strange weapons. I managed to swap a Shortstop for a Strange Scotsman's Skullcutter. Still low-tier, but it's a Strange so I'm happy enough.

I want to play this game again. Is it still best practice to stick with the stock loadout?

I want to play this game again. Is it still best practice to stick with the stock loadout?

In my experience, yes. The stock weapons are the most balanced.

• 1 month later...

It's live now. For faster download, set up your download region in Europe or Asia.

Uhh... How do you actually download the update? Steam isn't auto downloading like usual.

Steam servers are hammered right now

I changed my server from Canada to Norway and I got full speed.

In Steam, go in Settings >> Downloads + Cloud >> Download Region

Aw, MAN I can't wait 'til this is finished downloading! I've been spending a lot of time on this game lately. That trailer was awesome! :woot:

^oh well, it'll calm down eventually. I'm patient! :)

I love how you HAVE to buy a Mann Co. ticket thing to play on official (aka not free to play) servers to get loot drops. Also, one would think by now Valve would know how to launch an update without the game systems choking to death, but apparently not...

If you just want to play, use the server browser and try joining. I was able to get in on a server some dude was hosting on his laptop. Surprisingly it was pretty stable.

I would give it a few more days for the hype to die down to get on the official ones.

After playing 2 rounds, I must say this mode is pretty fun, but will be more better once the matchmaking works better and you can play with your friends easily.

I dispise the whole Manco ticket thing

I payed for the game when it first came out, all i got was a dam hat, i refuse to pay just to do a portion of the game, every single time i want to play that portion

I love how you HAVE to buy a Mann Co. ticket thing to play on official (aka not free to play) servers to get loot drops. Also, one would think by now Valve would know how to launch an update without the game systems choking to death, but apparently not...

Valve has never put out an update for TF2 without there sytems choking, last night it took an hour to update 1 server (with a gigabit connection), when my game finaly was updated I had a team set with 6 players all with tickets and we still could not play on the "official" servers. We ended up on a server I host playing with a password, I setup 6 additional servers shortly after that and within seconds of them launching they were all full (and still are... im loving the ad money valve is pushing my way). That should realy tell you how un-prepaired Valve was on this mess.

I dispise the whole Manco ticket thing

I payed for the game when it first came out, all i got was a dam hat, i refuse to pay just to do a portion of the game, every single time i want to play that portion

You know you don't have to pay for the ticket right?

Q: What is a Tour of Duty Ticket?

A Tour of Duty Ticket gives you access to Mann Up Mode, and can be purchased from the Mann Co. Store for $0.99. You do not need a Tour of Duty Ticket to play Mann vs. Machine on non-Mann Co. servers (i.e.: not in Mann Up Mode).

Basically all you get is some cosmetic items. If you don't care about those, then you don't have to pay for it.