There is a very simple solution to stop the gate glitch in the beginning: Make players invincible to the other team's weapons for that short period of time. Seriously, why haven't they done that?

I will agree with Ayepecks about the Pryo. I sometimes have huge problems with the Backburner, where I'll be torching someone from the back, and no crits come out.

Sure, I'll admit it's full of whiners and fanboys. But the frequency of posts about how underpowered the Pyro was before the update says something. It was even mentioned in articles about the game on gaming sites.

The pyro was very underpowered during the initial beta but was buffed shortly after launch - after that it wasn't considered an underpowered class (not beyond the occasional moan / topc). There were still the occasional moan but the Pyro Achievements update didn't really affect balance (other than the +50hp with the backburner, though that was removed in a subsequent update). I hang around the Steam forums a lot... at least the complaints about the soldier being overpowered have stopped.

All I was saying is that it makes perfect sense that ppl will whine about a class that is more difficult to play. So to me at least, it seems pointless to point to "tons" of forum posts. =p

Also, yah, I don't have a lot of hours as pyro (20hrs) the times I did play it though, well, it's pretty easy to top the score board, so it baffles me to think that ppl think it's underpowered. Most pyro's charge blindly hoping for the kill, thus most pyro's are easy to take out by most other classes. Unless of course, they actually flank/flee/shoot at a distance, etc. when necessary...

Edit:

I said nothing in regards to points. Pyro deserves points just like all classes, but it makes sense that most of its points will be coming from assits, and not single kills. Isn't that the reason there are assist points? =P Again, pretty easy to top scoreboard... Secondly, It's not the MOST difficult class, and it's not difficult for the sake of being difficult, it just has a bit of a learning curve, because its a bit different from what you would do in your average shooter, hell the genre of game in general is suppose to be very direct. The pyro however, is clearly not a directly offensive class (In general).

One thing that I think would be cool to add to the new environment is map interaction. Take, for instance, weather would be cool. Wind and rain could definitely effect real life battle and as such would be a neat thing to try and overcome or adapt to in the game. Could you imagine a teammate getting struck by lighting or someone you're about to snipe get blown away by a strong gust of wind. Certainly would be cool IMO as long as it is totally random and can effect both teams.

ive been thinking sort of about a new spy unlock for his upgrade, and i thought of this...

Instead of the spy having a pistol, we turn him into a total sneak/stab machine. You remove his pistal, and instead, you get 3rd person view. This way you can look around corners and over things easier to be able to tell when to go invis and disguise. Something that isnt overpowered or impracticle.

What I fancy for the demo-man is proximity stickies :D no remote detonation they stay alive till you die, but if anyone goes near them *KABLOOOOIIIEE* :D

What I fancy for the demo-man is proximity stickies :D no remote detonation they stay alive till you die, but if anyone goes near them *KABLOOOOIIIEE* :D

While that would be a sweet idea (as a fellow demoman) i can help but think that demomen would just clog up choke points with them, payload stage 3 point one comes to mind...

One thing that I think would be cool to add to the new environment is map interaction. Take, for instance, weather would be cool. Wind and rain could definitely effect real life battle and as such would be a neat thing to try and overcome or adapt to in the game. Could you imagine a teammate getting struck by lighting or someone you're about to snipe get blown away by a strong gust of wind. Certainly would be cool IMO as long as it is totally random and can effect both teams.

I'd really like a implementation of wind, one that affected physics props (like when you first get off the train in HL2) and "jiggle bone" objects on normal props.

And maybe a way to have client side ragdolls that can be anchored in place and still collide with players (for those playing at home, plants that collide with you and don't lag)

If that is the case, to balance it, they should be able to be detonated by other explosives or by the pyros' air blast.

that would be even worse than the current demoman spamming...

I think I saw news about CSS, CS1.6 and TF2 tournament coming soon, today on Steam. Anyone with link with more info?

The message.

Some good suggestions up there. About the demoman: what about a replacement gun that, instead of charging up to determine how far sticky grenades shoot, it just increases a bomb's blast radius when charging up (at the cost of some ammo)? To keep that balanced, borrowing D!ABOL!C's suggestion they should explode on any contact with any projectiles, making it possible for an enemy to turn a demoman's boosted bomb on himself.

Edited by rm20010

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's favorite map?

Mine is Warpath and Goldrush. I really like payload maps. A lot of give and take for both teams that other style maps don't have.

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's favorite map?

Mine is Warpath and Goldrush. I really like payload maps. A lot of give and take for both teams that other style maps don't have.

2fort and Goldrush are my favorites

I hate all ctf maps. I've been on so many servers where people stop playing offense because there's so many defensive players that don't want to go near the other teams sentries. To much turtling.

I love CTF maps. Long live 2fort! I don't have a problem with people playing defensively or offensively... that's the whole point of CTF IMO :) I love trying each.

2fort and Goldrush are my favorites

Plus one.

I also play Gravel Pit occasionally. Other than that, I haven't touched the other maps.

Going into a long stalemate in 2fort is an effective time killer. :p

That isn't my problem either, my problem is people stop playing offensively entirely and go like 90% defense. You don't have a shot at winning if both teams do that. It almost always ends in Stalemate.

Yeah definitely Ayepecks. Usually when I play I'm on offense, but sometimes I'm not really in the mood for a lot of CQC and just like to snipe or go engineer.