9/11: The collapse of a 3rd tower - never hit by a plane

The final mystery of 9/11 will soon be solved, according to US experts investigating the collapse of the third tower at the World Trade Center.

The 47-storey third tower, known as Tower Seven, collapsed seven hours after the twin towers.

Investigators are expected to say ordinary fires on several different floors caused the collapse.

Conspiracy theorists have argued that the third tower was brought down in a controlled demolition.

Unlike the twin towers, Tower Seven was not hit by a plane.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology, based near Washington DC, is expected to conclude in its long-awaited report this month that ordinary fires caused the building to collapse.

That would make it the first and only steel skyscraper in the world to collapse because of fire.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7485331.stm

The final mystery of 9/11 will soon be solved, according to US experts investigating the collapse of the third tower at the World Trade Center.

The 47-storey third tower, known as Tower Seven, collapsed seven hours after the twin towers.

Investigators are expected to say ordinary fires on several different floors caused the collapse.

Conspiracy theorists have argued that the third tower was brought down in a controlled demolition.

Unlike the twin towers, Tower Seven was not hit by a plane.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology, based near Washington DC, is expected to conclude in its long-awaited report this month that ordinary fires caused the building to collapse.

That would make it the first and only steel skyscraper in the world to collapse because of fire.

The Conspiracy Files delves into the final mystery of 9/11: the collapse of a third tower at the World Trade Centre, which was never hit by a plane.

The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 - The Third Tower will be broadcast on Sunday, 6 July, 2008 at 2100 BST on BBC Two.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/cons...les/7433017.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7485331.stm

Yeah I read this, not sure what to make of it, its quite interesting!

Yeah..and it's even more interesting because that building was packed with government agencies and other relevant things and all kinds of secrets..

I'm really interested to hear the explanation of how it's in general possible that regular fire causes a steel building to collapse the same way the other 2 towers did. It sounds pretty impossible.

Yeah..and it's even more interesting because that building was packed with government agencies and other relevant things and all kinds of secrets..

I'm really interested to hear the explanation of how it's in general possible that regular fire causes a steel building to collapse the same way the other 2 towers did. It sounds pretty impossible.

I'm 100% with you. :yes:

How is that impossible? The other towers collapsed because of the fire too. In Madrid a few years ago a tower was set on fire and when the fire was 'over' they were afraid that the thing was going to collapse. They had to demolish the whole thing anyway, it didn't collapse. But then again, the firefighters extinguished the fire beforehand, and that doesnt seem to be the case here.

I think I remember seeing some other tower collapse (besides the twin towers) on 9/11 on TV. But I thought it was because the two towers collapsing would bring down with them some of the buildings nearby. A "building hit by another building" kind of thing.

The Patriots had something to do with it! :p (Metal Gear Solid joke in case you haven't played that series before)

if the people don't believe, say it over and over again until they believe it

tried and true.

I'm sorry but if you still believe that story you are a retard. If the story was true I don't think it would take 7 YEARS to confirm lol

How is that impossible? The other towers collapsed because of the fire too.

The other towers collapsed because of the hundreds of litres of jet fuel burning at extremely high temperatures, not a little bonfire started in a barrel. No jets hit Tower 7, did they?

Counterknowledge.com ? Tower 7 : bad news for 9/11 Liars

[The report, published later this month] says Tower Seven had an unusual design, built over an electricity substation and a subway; there were many fires that burnt for hours; and crucially, fire fighters could not fight the fires in Tower 7, because they didn?t have enough water and focused on saving lives.

Investigators have focused on the east side where the long floor spans were under most stress.

They think fires burnt long enough to weaken and break many of the connections that held the steel structure together.

Most susceptible were the thinner floor beams which required less fireproofing, and the connections between the beams and the columns. As they heated up the connections failed and the beams sagged and failed, investigators say.

The collapse of the first of the Twin Towers does not seem to have caused any serious damage to Tower Seven, but the second collapse of the 1,368ft (417m) North Tower threw debris at Tower Seven, just 350ft (106m) away.

Tower Seven came down at 5.21pm. Until now most of the photographs have been of the three sides of the building that did not show much obvious physical damage. Now new photos of the south side of the building, which crucially faced the North Tower, show that whole side damaged and engulfed in smoke.

The other towers collapsed because of the hundreds of litres of jet fuel burning at extremely high temperatures, not a little bonfire started in a barrel. No jets hit Tower 7, did they?

I didn't know being hit by a jet was a prerequisite for a building to be destroyed.

+1

But conspiracy theorists will never rest.

-Spenser

It's not that people want to make this stuff up.. but do you realize that there was so much contradicting information to-date about the whole event and from the actual firefighters on the spot that it's natural to question what's going on.

Plane that hits Pentagon that doesn't leave trace outside, all 3 towers collapsing the exactly same way where it really looks like controlled demolition. All "explanations" aside.

I think that people should be questioning this. I think there should be a neutral world inspection consisted of experts that would examine and provide findings. Do you know that this was not allowed and that the government agency was left with this task. Yet, the world events and America attacking other countries is and will be based on this event that actually concerns the world.

There's nothing crazy of being suspicious of things like this despite the fact how insane it might look and sound. We have seen nothing but lies from this administration specifically and are really unaware of what they are capable off. They lied about Iraq and basically went to war on the information that was completely fabricated where thousands of Americans lost lives. How do you trust this type of government? And why are they not held criminally responsible for this?

I just say that this issue should not be left alone just like that. There has to be concrete proof about every single fact and reason why certain things happened the way they happened on September 11th. And basically find responsibility for everyone who was on duty that day both in military, intelligence agencies and government officials.

People just dismiss the facts that, let's even say there was no conspiracy, that reaction with military, defense, intelligence were so slow or deliberately delayed.. Somebody has to be responsible for this.

Yet NO ONE to-date was found responsible for anything. To exclude the information that there were tons of money in the twin towers that were gone after the attack, insurance policies that were revised within 30 days prior to the attack to specifically include terrorist attacks, the 3rd tower being government agencies that was not obviously the target of the attack and Pentagon where more then one witness talk about actually seeing more of a fighter plane then a huge jet.

These concerns among the citizens and I can tell you that at the latest statistics I believe between almost a 3rd of Americans thinks this was orchestrated by the government whether it's that they knew the attack was coming and did nothing or they organized it themselves, MUST be investigated by a non-governmental and international body so these doubts could resolved once and for all.

Because if there's proof that government and military officials were responsible for this in one way or that other, they should all be charged with treason and sentenced to death for causing thousands and thousands of lives to be lost on purpose. Don't you think?

And at that point there would need to be major restructuring in the government and find out how was this possible that even happened and prevent it from ever happening again. It would be a wake up call for all Americans. Of course if this was all proven to be orchestrated one way or the other by the government or this administration.

Edited by Boz

I'm sure this is the first time I've heard about a 3rd tower! :blink:

I didn't know this either. I suspect we'll never find out the real truth. :no:

Bush did it on his night shift, sleep walking.

Dig deep enough you will always find inconsistency simply because we have not got all the answers to 'Physics'.

If we knew exactly how and why building fall and behave why do we still test?

Secondly, you all say fire would not bring down normal circumstances. Ummm when did have 2 massive building collapse feet from a building end up normal circumstances?

I thought it was torn down (controlled) because it was structurally severed by the collapsed towers 1 and 2.

It was a very interesting program if your from UK try and see it if its on iplayer I am not sure but it was good.

I am going to go with it was done on purpose because of it being structurally not sound. After all windows for about 10 city blocks busted out when the towers fell. The third tower was almost in the middle of both towers.