Neowin Fantasy Premiership Season 2008 - 2009

Ahhhhhhhhhh so glad Football is back, even if Spurs were the worse side of bollocks this weekend...

Will do a table and points and a little spiel when the league updates :D :D

Right! So, it's got to midweek and I am already two and a half days late on my first update! Yes, I am useless, but there we go :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but it was fantastic having the prem league back after so long, even if my team didn't fare particularly well...ok, we were rubbish....but a long way to go, eh? *gulp*

Torres got off to a good start with a goal, as did Santa Cruz. Dean Ashton also got off to an excellent start with two goals, but unfortunately picked up an injury. (Is anyone else seeing a pattern beginning to emerge with West Ham players recently??) But the best striker this week was Gabriel Agbonlahor with a hat-trick in 7 minutes against a Man City side that appear to be in turmoil off the pitch with their Thai owner. Deco is also looking a snip at 9m, and this is shown by his price rising to 9.1m after just the first game. Alongside Lampard and Joe Cole, Chelsea appear to have a formidable midfield. Giovanni and Barmby were also lively for Hull and could well prove to be good buys considering their low prices!

But back the the action that REALLY matters: Taking an early lead this week are jordan webber's totti's picks with a massive 84 points! The closest to him are Conor's Villa all the way and John's Liverpool Yangers with 63 and 60 points respectively. There is a tie in 4th place between St. Lunatics, Sky Blue Allstars and Steamrollers all on 57 points, although each has a very different team. Unfortunately, 'differently first' and languishing at the foot of the table this week is Tom Green's GreenoOwns. Still, a long way to go, eh?

- FaRSightxc2 :cool:

P.S. I was going to give a mention to the best team name, but not many imaginative ones so far - sporting lesbian being the best so far, but the same as last year. A cookie goes to the best one :p

post-21315-1219257478_thumb.jpg

And you're staying there :angry: !!

:D

Oh yeah, Martyn?? Moved up to 11th this week and I've got vertigo so I can't look down to see where you are :laugh:

Soooo, another week! Another loss for Spurs. And we got Chelsea away this weekend... please not none-in-three :pinch:

Anyways on to more important matters!

Tel's Terrors are once again at the top of the table, ready to defend their championship title! Not entirely sure what happened to last weeks leader totti's picks, must have cracked under the intensity of the Neowin League (OR perhaps it was a name change...:D). Anyway, the new leader jumps several places to take an early lead. But right behind, and retaining a strong second position for the second week, is Villa all the way, sharing the spot with M. Asif's The Kop FC with 105 points. The only other teams to achieve over the 100 points mark in the first two weeks are Matt Shaw's BoysInGlue and foreign correspondent John Simpson's The Kop FC who share 4th place with 101 points. :D

The BoysInGlue also were this weeks top scorers with 62 points! They also have, conversely, the best NEW name so far this season so a Cookie goes to you:

Cookie_thumb.jpg

Good luck for next week ladies and gentlemen!

- FaRSightxc2 :)

post-21315-1219862070_thumb.jpg

As you can tell, i hate losing. Winning it once is easy, defending the title is where the hard work begins, fantastic start so far even if i do say so myself :p

LMAO as you can see from my post above, the owners of the image of the nice cookie do not like hot linking too much....Can a nice mod please edit before it gives someone epilepsy :rofl:

I think I got like 4 points? Bloody terrible, Yakubu and Coloccini both got 0 for me. I got rid of Johnson, Alves and Digard this week and 2 of them scored and Digard gave an assist. Grr!!

• 3 weeks later...
4th even :D

Good effort Greeno! Will do a 'proper' update tomorrow or monday....

7 points so far this week, I have seriously lost the plot... :pinch:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quietly confident I can keep bagging the points, especially after joining in week 4!

Doing okay so far, catching up quite rapidly on 37th spot! Afraid to make any transfers though as I don't want to jepordise any potential points gain. But then again, I could end up gaining points if I am clever with my transfers.

Hi all, thought I would do a really quick update before the weekend.

Right, first a couple of mentions - Greeno has shot up to fifth place (formally 4th) after a slow start in the first week. He is now one of only 6 in the league that has broken the 300 point barrier! Andy Rovers have the dubious honour of propping up the table, but, as a late joiner, there is plenty of time to imitate Greeno's rise up the table (I'm assuming that is you, badblood?!).

This weeks table-toppers are Shuan Dannyz Icantthinkofaname FC and Conor McKevitt's Villa all the way who share the lead with 336 points. Shaun's team scrapes ahead on 'goal difference' by being the player with the most points in this gameweek. In a strong third place is Mart B's mystros with 321 poinrs, a little way ahead of foreign corrispondent John Simpson's Liverpool Yangers and Tom Green's GreenoOwnz on 312 and 306 respectively.

This weeks top scorer was also Shuan Dannyz Icantthinkofaname FC with 76 points, although Hudson Jefferies St.Lunatics were close with 75.

Thats all folks!

FaRSightxc2 :)

post-21315-1223027221_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Final standings...

<snip>

Well done to John Simpson, who won the league by a huge margin :)

Nice one Martyn, was useless once again - keep forgetting about the league and to do updates on here :(

Well done to Jon Simpson - excellent work!!

Have renewed the league and will post a new topic in the next couple of days.