iPhone 2.0 Firmware

Yey, it's here,

It's not available over iTunes yet but it is available to download from Apples Site

Download

Have fun guys.

BTW, I have installed this on my iPhone and can verify that it works without a hitch, I'm playing Super Monkey Ball right now :D

Yey, it's here,

It's not available over iTunes yet but it is available to download from Apples Site

Download

Have fun guys.

BTW, I have installed this on my iPhone and can verify that it works without a hitch, I'm playing Super Monkey Ball right now :D

Awesome, how is it?

How is the pricing on the UK store?

Giga, you have no damned idea how cool the Remote App is, i'm going to use it almost all the time when I get my iMac, shame my MacBook's speakers are so damned awful :(

Will this update break/brick "jailbroken" iPod Touch? What about all installed apps?

Will "2.0" play video(!) playlists and videos continously?

That remote app thing looks cool :) I've been really tempted to get an iPod Touch (I'm not a huge fan of iPod or even iTunes really, but despite those truths I'd still love a iPod Touch :p) still I can't justify it, got a PSP and a Nokia N95, so an iPod Touch would be completely redundant for me :(. Out of curiousity, does the remote iTunes thing work in Windows? or that a Mac only thing?

This is an official update and thus will break any modified installs.

It's like going out and buying a HP Computer, installing Linux on it and then wondering why the Vista SP1 update wont work :D

You've modified the system.

No real reason to use Jailbreaking now that the AppStore is here

Will this update break/brick "jailbroken" iPod Touch? What about all installed apps?

YES. don't update if you have a jailbroken iPhone or unlocked iPhone.

wait for the new PwnageTool (or WinPwn, if you're on Windows). it should be released soon.

This is an official update and thus will break any modified installs.

It's like going out and buying a HP Computer, installing Linux on it and then wondering why the Vista SP1 update wont work :D

You've modified the system.

+1

Well put. :)

Yes it will brick a jailbroken iPod/iPhone, but im not sure if it can be unlocked to work with any sim yet.

That remote app thing looks cool :) I've been really tempted to get an iPod Touch (I'm not a huge fan of iPod or even iTunes really, but despite those truths I'd still love a iPod Touch :p) still I can't justify it, got a PSP and a Nokia N95, so an iPod Touch would be completely redundant for me :(. Out of curiousity, does the remote iTunes thing work in Windows? or that a Mac only thing?

Works on both Windows and Mac from what I can tell. It uses the WiFi network to communicate with the client in a similar way to the Music Sharing functions built into iTunes

+1

Well put. :)

Thankyou :)

Course there is, you can get apps free instead of having to pay $9.99 for them!

How can put this firmware on the phone without losing data/settings?

Please backup your data and custom settings before flashing to Firmware 2.0, you WILL lose all data as this is a complete rewrite of the previous code. :)

In short, you can't. iTunes SHOULD offer to create a 1 time backup of your data to be able to restore to the phone after the 2.0 update is applied, however, from what I'm hearing this isn't working as well as it should.

Plenty of free apps on the AppStore as far as I've been told. ;)

Most of the Apps on the AppStore are free anyway dude, if you have to develop software for the Jailbroken side it's because your App isnt cool enough or coded well enough to be on the AppStore :D

Not to mention Jailbroken apps dont follow a very specific rules set, you have no idea what they're doing with your e-mails, contacts etc.

How can put this firmware on the phone without losing data/settings?

Just update it then restore personal data from backup when it asks in iTunes.

Cool, I didn't think it'd have been released yet. I just got the 7.7 update in Software Update, so I might as well start running 2.0 early.

Also... In the iPod... Are those... nested playlist folders? I seriously hope so, that feature is long past overdue.

Cool, I didn't think it'd have been released yet. I just got the 7.7 update in Software Update, so I might as well start running 2.0 early.

Also... In the iPod... Are those... nested playlist folders? I seriously hope so, that feature is long past overdue.

I'll let you know in a few minutes, I'm updating both of my iPhones right now.

when is going to be available on iTunes?

From what I've heard it should be available later today for some customers, tomorrow morning for others. All depends on the propagation rate of the file to the mirror sites.

Will the iPod touch use the same file, or a different one?

I figure it'll use the same file just not run the Phone side of things.. After all the iPhone 1 and 2 use the same firmware

Plenty of free apps on the AppStore as far as I've been told. ;)

25% of the App library is free acordding to Jobs.

Man, I'm itching to get home :drool: