iPhone 2.0 Firmware

If i donwload super monkey ball today on First Gen iPhone then get the 3G iPhone tomorrow can i just transfer Super Monkey Ball to it or will i have to redownload it?

Probably safer to just buy it tomorrow. Although... it probably backs up applications...

If i donwload super monkey ball today on First Gen iPhone then get the 3G iPhone tomorrow can i just transfer Super Monkey Ball to it or will i have to redownload it?

Safer to just wait until tomorrow imo.

If you do have a jailbroken iPhone and want to install the update just run a restore with the current firmware before you run the update. It works just fine, I just did it. Obviously you wont be able to jailbreak it at this time but who cares with the application store up and running already.

Most of the Apps on the AppStore are free anyway dude, if you have to develop software for the Jailbroken side it's because your App isnt cool enough or coded well enough to be on the AppStore :D

Do you have your mother dress you in the morning or are there still some decisions you like to make for yourself?

You don't have to want to use applications written for jail broken iphones but to dismiss everyone that would is ignorant at best.

Not to mention Jailbroken apps dont follow a very specific rules set, you have no idea what they're doing with your e-mails, contacts etc.

The vetting process for AppStore applications doesn't include a full source-audit. You don't have any promise that people aren't doing something underhanded on the iPhone any more than you do on Mac OS X or Windows. Unless you can read the code it's not possible to verify security without trusting a 3rd party (and even then, how many have enough knowledge to spot something crooked even if they did have source?)

There sure is no quality control at apple. More damn flash light apps then one knows what to do with. Prices ranging from free to 1000$ dollars (sarcasm).

Pretty neat so far, my favorite feature is the apple remote thingy. Its awesome being able to control my apple tv from across the house. Damn ace.

And people say Apple charge too much for their products.... BAH, thats what I say to them :D

2.0 rocks! With exchange sync, mail hits my phone before it hits my desktop client! Super Monkey Ball is great too!!

So, anyone else notice AT&T's network speed boost today to prepare for tomorrow? ;) Makes all these new features in 2.0 seem that much faster.

There sure is no quality control at apple. More damn flash light apps then one knows what to do with. Prices ranging from free to 1000$ dollars (sarcasm).

Pretty neat so far, my favorite feature is the apple remote thingy. Its awesome being able to control my apple tv from across the house. Damn ace.

Yeah I think this thing is going to get swamped with a load of crap apps. Shame but hey.

Can anyone confirm there is a search feature in the iPod Music section with the new firmware?

No search on the iPhone 2.0

So, anyone else notice AT&T's network speed boost today to prepare for tomorrow? ;) Makes all these new features in 2.0 seem that much faster.

Well it's kind of stupid that AT&T caps 3g currently to 1.5mb/s to begin with. It could be much faster if they let it.

Well it's kind of stupid that AT&T caps 3g currently to 1.5mb/s to begin with. It could be much faster if they let it.

What is the 3G limit anyway?

So, did anyone else notice that AIM does not push IMs? In order to receive/use IM'ing I have to be in the app, if I'm not in the app it won't push IMs/notify me of new IMs. I might be delusional, but didn't Apple show off AIM with push notifications and whatnot?

What is the 3G limit anyway?

AT&T can currently handle 3.6mb/s if i remember correctly, but like I said they are capping it.

The speed of 3g can go much higher. Basically as high as they want. AT&T has plans to up their network to 7.2mb/s I think by next year. But who knows what they will limit it to then anyways.

So, did anyone else notice that AIM does not push IMs? In order to receive/use IM'ing I have to be in the app, if I'm not in the app it won't push IMs/notify me of new IMs. I might be delusional, but didn't Apple show off AIM with push notifications and whatnot?

Maybe you need to be a Mobile Me member? The Mobile Me service hasnt gone fully live yet anyway so that could be the cause also :)

AT&T can currently handle 3.6mb/s if i remember correctly, but like I said they are capping it.

The speed of 3g can go much higher. Basically as high as they want. AT&T has plans to up their network to 7.2mb/s I think by next year. But who knows what they will limit it to then anyways.

I'm seeing supports that the iphone is limited to a crappy 1.4mbps :(