iPhone 2.0 Firmware

So, did anyone else notice that AIM does not push IMs? In order to receive/use IM'ing I have to be in the app, if I'm not in the app it won't push IMs/notify me of new IMs. I might be delusional, but didn't Apple show off AIM with push notifications and whatnot?
Maybe you need to be a Mobile Me member? The Mobile Me service hasnt gone fully live yet anyway so that could be the cause also :)

Nope. No need for MobileMe. Apple did demonstrate Push notification for Apps but that service isn't going live until September. Watch the WWDC '08 video again to clarify.

I downloaded all my apps 6 and a half hours ago, when the iPhone was released here in NZ...now I just gotta wait until the iPod's 2.0 is released heh.

This is an official update and thus will break any modified installs.

It's like going out and buying a HP Computer, installing Linux on it and then wondering why the Vista SP1 update wont work :D

You've modified the system.

No real reason to use Jailbreaking now that the AppStore is here

True, unless you want custom icons. ?I don't think you can install any official apps that allow you to have custom icons.

In case anyone didn't know yet, 2.0 lets you now take screenshots. Press and hold the Home button, then press the Sleep/Wake button. The screen will flash, and a pic will automatically be saved to the Camera Roll. Not sure if this will work on the iPod touch, though.

In case anyone didn't know yet, 2.0 lets you now take screenshots. Press and hold the Home button, then press the Sleep/Wake button. The screen will flash, and a pic will automatically be saved to the Camera Roll. Not sure if this will work on the iPod touch, though.

Didn't know about that one. :)

Probably a dumb question, but, what do you use to push the 2.0 Firmware (the iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw file) to your iPhone if iTunes still wants to push 1.1.4?

Apple, I want to give you money but you wont let me. Release the iPod touch 2.0 firmware for **** sake :/

I totally agree. I want this firmware :p

Apple seems to hate us Touch users :(

First we pay $20, now they charge us $10 and include the $20 update, and they take their sweet time releasing it.

The iPod Touch 2.0 firmware has been delayed and should be released sometime next month....

JUST KIDDING! Honestly though, I haven't gotten an answer as to when it'll be in the iTunes store, not a solid one. Depending on who I talk to some say its there now (I don't see it) and some say tomorrow. I'm pulling for you guys! :)

Never do that again :p

It's been a hard day, I couldn't resist a bit of evilness. ;)

I swear, if I have one more person ask to look at my iPhone while I'm out... :p

It's been a hard day, I couldn't resist a bit of evilness. ;)

I swear, if I have one more person ask to look at my iPhone while I'm out... :p

Ahh, can't blame ya then :)

is it possible to customize firmware 2.0 on iphone or ipod touch like wallpaper type thing without jailbreaking and using apps to do it ?

I mean behind springboard and stuff too not just unlock screen