• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Messenger, Hotmail & Passport Hacked!!!

Question

Xahid    5,351

WOW this is amazing !!!

My Hotmail & MSN Messenger is hacked !!!

Just 2 hour ago...

I was chatting with my friends,

1 of my friend is appear to be Online & ask my Name (I think his passport was already hacked by that person).

I thought he was kidding coz he know everything about me!!!

after that he say's your MSN Messenger is hacked !!!

Darn!!! after a lil time Messenger say's that you were sign out coz you are signing in from different computer, from that time I am trying to sign in....but Fail....due to incorrent password!!!

I was also trying to sigin in from hotmail but the same error, that incorrect password.

I've try to get help from hotmail site(.net) but don't find any email address to inform them about this problem.

I follow their instruction, (that I forget my password) but that don't work....it gives this error every time !!!

"Please make sure the information you entered matches the information in your .NET Passport profile"

all information is correct though !!!

what should I do Now !!! ???

my email address ....... xahidx@hotmail.com

can any 1 help me ???

how can I recover my account ??

Now my email is baynaam@hotmail.com

9 answers to this question

MulletRobZ    2

Yikes! Same here! Some message popped up and I wondered who the heck is that! :D

NETknightX    0

I've had a similar problem I think but with Hotmail....I checked in my inbox one day and there were like 20 messages from the postmaster saying that there were messages that were not deliverably but I've never sent any messages...:ermm:

configure    1

Do you save your password on your computer? Did you set messenger to require re-enter your password everytime you check mail?

fr33k    2
Originally posted by configure

Do you save your password on your computer? Did you set messenger to require re-enter your password everytime you check mail?

I have to type my password every time I use windows messenger to check hotmail. I hope he doesn't have access to all accounts right now :mad:

fr33k    2
Originally posted by Xahid

WOW this is amazing !!!

My Hotmail & MSN Messenger is hacked !!!

Just 2 hour ago...

I was chatting with my friends,

1 of my friend is appear to be Online & ask my Name (I think his passport was already hacked by that person).

I thought he was kidding coz he know everything about me!!!

after that he say's your MSN Messenger is hacked !!!

Darn!!! after a lil time Messenger say's that you were sign out coz you are signing in from different computer, from that time I am trying to sign in....but Fail....due to incorrent password!!!

I was also trying to sigin in from hotmail but the same error, that incorrect password.

I've try to get help from hotmail site(.net) but don't find any email address to inform them about this problem.

I follow their instruction, (that I forget my password) but that don't work....it gives this error every time !!!

"Please make sure the information you entered matches the information in your .NET Passport profile"

all information is correct though !!!

what should I do Now !!! ???

my email address ....... xahidx@hotmail.com

can any 1 help me ???

how can I recover my account ??

Now my email is baynaam@hotmail.com

I sent hotmail a copy of your post and this is the reply they sent back. so maybe you can get your email back if your lucky.

Hello freek

This is Bryan and if you believe your account has been compromised in any way but you can still gain access to it, immediately change your password and secret question and answer. Click "Options" to the right of the "Address Book" tab. On the "Option" page under "Your Information", click the "Password" and "Secret Question" links.

If you use your Passport Wallet to store credit card information, please verify that the information in your Wallet (including ship-to address) is accurate. To view your wallet profile, go to:

http://wallet.passport.com/

If you believe that your Passport Wallet has been compromised in any way, please reply to me for further and immediate investigation.

If you cannot gain access to your account:

1. Send an e-mail message requesting help with your password to:

service_x@hotmail.com

2. In the "Subject" box, type:

PW VERIFICATION INFO ENCLOSED

3. Provide the following information:

- Name (first and last)

- Sign-in name

- Date of birth

- Country/region

- State

- Zip or postal code

- Approximate date of last successful sign-in or approximate date of account registration

- The name of your ISP

- As many "old" outdated passwords you used in the past as you can remember

If you provide all of the information requested and it is correct, Hotmail resets your password and sends it by e-mail to the address from which you sent your request. As soon as you can gain access to your account, change your password.

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm whether your account was hacked into or provide you any information about who may have done so. All Hotmail member information is confidential, and I can release it only to law enforcement officials when served with a subpoena or criminal search warrant. This is in compliance with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA).

IMPORTANT: To ensure your privacy, no Hotmail employee will ever ask you for your current password, either by phone or e-mail. Hotmail requires your password only when you sign in to your account and, even then, your password is not displayed on screen. If you receive a message that asks for your password, please forward it to abuse@hotmail.com immediately and do not respond to the message. Never share your password or secret question and answer with anyone else. In addition, change your password frequently to increase the security of your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any further questions, please send me another e-mail message.

Sincerely,

Bryan S.

MSN Hotmail Customer Support

Xahid    5,351

Well, Thanx for Freek for his effort.

I try to get in throw " I forget my password " option many times

but it seem's that he(who hack my MSN) not only change my password but also whole profile.

Well I never save my password in cookies, or in save my password option.

I will mail about this to Hotmail

Thanx again for Freek.

1 of my friend tell me the procedure of hacking hotmail.

just for security purpose , i am posting here to let every1 know that. I don't know its fake to real.

he say's there is some program called "Hotmail Cracker"

to use it.

1- go to I forget my password option

2- give them, victim account name & location

3- leave blank the secret question & password option.

4- Now Microsoft provide you Ticket number (kind of thing).

This ticket number is needed for Hotmail Cracker.

Put this ticket number too hotmail cracker , then it will let u in to hotmail, where u can change every thing.

Its seem's terrible to get back our account, coz he can change everything. !!!!

why not microsoft is taking any action against this. !!!

samo123_uk    0

Man, I'd better change my password !

Luckly i have never had the experience of hacking or viruses in my whole life.

May be i'm just a lucky git

(samo123_uk@hotmail.com btw ;) )

MulletRobZ    2

Ohoh! That might cause problems on my Outlook Express, which I use to manage my Hotmail since there's no other tool available!