[E3] FAT PRINCESS: 32player Medieval Hack&Slash PSN Game & IGN Prev

hehe I think it will be great fun! I'll play a healer.. Obese Maurice!

Yeah tactically, we need a good few healers.

Just like how in TF2 a good few healers wins the game easily :D

Finally a little gameplay,

Fat Princess GamePlay (PS3)

When I first stepped in to the Sony press room, I was hoping to quickly get my hands on some Resistance 2 or Killzone 2, but unfortunately those were hot games, that had lines of people ready to play. Instead our beautiful Sony host Jill, walked us in to a game that was sure to fail in many ways due to the title name ?Fat Princess?. Boy were we wrong, Fat Princess quickly threw out all negative impressions of the game as soon as we sat down at their booth. It is a 32 player online game 16 vs 16 with tons of game modes and 10 maps at release. The one game mode that was shown to us was capture the princess, an interpretation of the good old capture the flag type of game. The objective of the game is to protect your flag (in this case your enemies princess), while at the same time trying to steal back your princess from the opposing castle. Now that might sound easy, but how about if your enemy feeds your princess so much that she gains 500 pounds, and becomes almost impossible to carry. That right, hence the name ?Fat Princess?. In order to protect the princess you would need to feed her cake every time a enemy gets close of taking her and make it harder for the enemies to carry her back to the correct castle and win. Of course, you can always slash the opponent and spill their blood everywhere to avoid a fat princess capture as well. This is a PSN game for the PS3, scheduled to release early 2009 for a price ranging from 9.99 to 14.99(not confirmed yet). Although Fat Princess looks cute, believe me this is not for kids, it has blood like a blood bank. Be on the look out for this one, its going to be hot!

Enjoy the Video Footage.

Source/Video: http://www.tqcast.com/?p=187

It's finally clicked what this game reminds me of (graphically): Animal Crossing :p

That video didn't really show off much of the gameplay tbh, but at least it was an insight to the game in motion.

LOL

Forget RE5 racism, THIS is where's it's at.

My friend Erica emailed me about the hottt new PlayStation game you've got in production, Fat Princess. It looks and sounds just adorable?
Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There's a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it's going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

?but the only thing I can't figure out is why anyone would want to rescue a fat princess in the first place, since everyone knows that fat girls are unlovable human garbage at whom any sensible bloke would sooner hurl invective than cast a longing glance.

I sure hope there's a clever d?nouement like the Fat Princess magically becoming thin once she's rescued! 'Cuz that would rock, yo!

Anyway, congrats on your awesome new game, Sony. I'm positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative ######. It's not often I have the opportunity to congratulate a cutting-edge tech company on such splendiferous retro**** jackholery. Way to go! The Fat Princess of Shakes Manor salutes you.

fposm.jpg

Love,

Liss

P.S. The PS2 sucked.

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/200...te-letters.html

NeoGAF are already tearing her a new one,

okapav.jpg

fat2.jpg

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328247

• 2 weeks later...
Hahaha, I was gonna say Audio, you've changed your hair-do :p

Time to start up good ol' Photoshop! :devil:

Edit: Her blog

:shiftyninja:

shrekka1.jpg

And to utterly destroy her mindless drivel...

Hyams said...

I just read Shakesville's blog entry, and to be honest, I can't make any sense of it.

She quotes what the game is about, and then declares (sarcastically) that she can't understand why anyone would want to rescue a fat princess, because fat people are 'unloved human garbage'. After that is the part PS3Fanboy quoted.

So ... she recognises that the game shows no hatred toward overweight people - you ARE rescuing her, as she pointed out, and thus actually showing unconditional love towards the princess regardless of her weight - but also declares that Sony are promoting hatred towards obese people?

She then goes on to declares that Sony is promoting a 'hetronormative' life view, whilst at the same time seemingly not wanting fat people to appear in video games? I'm guessing she doesn't like skinny characters either, so I guess only normally weighted people are allowed in videogames. (Who's promoting a hetronormative life view again?)

Seriously, she rants and raves and swears and sticks in a few big words, but the entry lacks any sort of cohesion. Even *she* doesn't seem to know what she wants.

Side note: "id hit that" with a baseball bat :shifty:

The only type of people who would think the game makes fun of fat people, are the type of people who use words like "heteronormative", or even believe in concepts like "heteronormative".

Stuffing up a princess so she can't move is just a funny gag. A gag. You know like in Tom and Jerry where Tom cuts Jerry's tail off , or stretches his neck, or fills his belly with water (so he's bloated and fat and can't move)? I wonder what Liss has to say about whether Tom and Jerry cartoons cause children to be violent.

Damn some of the comments to this fat people offended article are genius and had me crying tears of laughter :laugh:

"I think the people that actually admit they are fat and use the word "fat" to describe themselves are a minority. The rest of the fat people use euphemisms and in time have actually started believing the word fat isn't an appropriate adjective to describe their big asses." LOL !

"When I get LBP, Im going to make a fat sackboy, just so she is happy and I'll make a level out of cake and bacon where you have to dodge veggies and treadmills in order to make it to the peanut butter stuffed pig" Mega LOL :p

"I'm fat and I am horrified that there isn't any cake being fed to me by little soldier men." haha!

"There is something incredibly ironic about "fat activists." :laugh:

"She's not a princess, so why is she mad? Maybe if the game was called "Fat Ugly Lane Bryant-Shopping Skank" she would be justified." oh no he didnt! :p

"what are you ****ed about anyway? At least Sony is depicting your oversized ass as something worth saving, whereas in reality, most men wouldn't even give you a glance. you should be grateful." :shifty:

"Yeah, it's definitely big bones that are the problem. Big bones covered in meat and gravy." :D

"Holy ****! Sony would have to take a train and two busses just to get on your good side." :laugh:

"Sony should mail them an apology-cake" Ahahhahaha too much!! :laugh:

Note: This is not intended to be offensive just a collection of witty comebacks which at times stoop pretty low but only as low as she herself stooped so take these for the sarcastic jokes they are ;)

^ I couldn't stop laughing, and by the end I was reduced to coughing :rofl: !

Scirwode

She looks pretty... High lol, her eyes seem strange. But instead of complaining how a game with a fat person is offensive, lose weight and it wont offend you :)